Best Rated Attorney Near Me
Assault Charges in Ojai

Home | Main Page | Advertise With Us | Sitemap


Assault Charges in
93023, 93024
Finding A Seasoned Lawyer Whatever your legal needs are you will notice that there are loads of lawyers in the area that advertise that they concentrate on your sort of case. This may make the process of finding one with a lot of experience a bit of a challenge. However, in the event you follow the following it will be possible to narrow down your pursuit to the right one in almost no time. Step one is to create a listing of the lawyers that are listed in your town that specialize in your situation. While you are which makes this list you need to only include those which you have an effective vibe about based upon their advertisement. After that you can narrow this list down by taking a bit of time evaluating their site. There you must be able to find the number of years they are practicing and some general information regarding their success rates. At this point your list ought to have shrunken further to individuals that you just felt had professional websites and an appropriate quantity of experience. You must then take the time to lookup independent reviews of each attorney. Be sure you browse the reviews rather than just relying upon their overall rating. The info inside the reviews provides you with a concept of the direction they connect with their clients and the length of time they invest into each case that they are working on. Finally, you will need to talk with a minimum of the final three lawyers who have the credentials you are looking for. This will provide you with enough time to really evaluate how interested they may be in representing your case. It is crucial for you to follow many of these steps to actually find a person containing the best measure of experience to help you the ideal outcome.

ACTIONPages is your local directory publisher. Serving markets in Arizona, California, Washington, and Canada. ACTIONPages the best local choice for cost-effective advertising.
Some of the cites we server are, California Grover Beach | Pismo Beach | Nipomo | Arroyo Grande | San Luis Obispo | SLO | Morro Bay | Los Osos Orcutt Ojai Arizona | Lake Havasu | Kingman | Bullhead | Prescott | Payson | Show Low | Snowflake | Taylor | Flagstaff Sedona | Cottonwood | Camp Verde | Williams | Washington | Skagit | Whatcom | Bellingham | Ferndale Lynden Mount Vernon | Sedro Woolley | Burlington | Oak Harbor | Anacortes | Camano Island | Stanwood | Arlington Langley Clinton | San Juan Islands | BC | Duncan | Port Alberni | Comox | Courtney | Campbell River | Parksville | Langley Maple ridge | Chilliwack | Abbotsford | Mission | Whistler | Squamish | Sunshine Coast | Terrace | Kitimat | Smithers Prince Rupert | Prince George | Williams Lake | Quesnel | Sidney | Victoria | Alberta | Red Deer | Lloydminster | Ontario | Sudbury | Sault Ste Marie | North Bay | Timmins | Muskoka | Gravenhurst | Parry Sound | Huntsville | Kingston | Belleville | Cornwall | Brockville | Dundas | Pembroke | Renfrew | Smith Falls | Cobourg

Grandparents Rights?
I Want To Find Out What Rights A Grandparent Has. My Son And His Girlfriend Had A Baby. She Did Not Put My Son On The Birth Certificate, We Know He'S The Father. The Mom Stopped Letting My Son And The Rest Of The Family See The Baby Who Is Now 8 Months Old. I Would Like To Have A Visitation Schedule, Now That She Is Old Enough To Be Away From Her Mother For A Few Hours. Any Low Cost Suggestions?

First thing you need to do is establish paternity.

Get a court order for a paternity test. Then have the courts set visitation schedules. No one can keep your son from seeing his child.

You need to go to court it looks like and get some court orders.

Check with your local legal aid society. They provide low cost and in many cases no cost legal aid.

Good luck!

EDIT: Those folks that say grandparents DON'T have rights are WRONG: see below:

Grandparents in every state in the United States have rights, in some circumstances, to be awarded CUSTODY of their grandchildren or to be awarded court-mandated visitation with their grandchildren. Grandparents' rights are not constitutional in nature, nor did they exist at COMMON LAW. Recognition of grandparents' rights by state legislatures is a fairly recent trend, and most of the statutes have been in effect for less than 35 years.

Federal legislation may affect grandparents' rights, though these rights are based primarily on state law. Congress passed the Parental KIDNAPPING Prevention Act in 1980, which requires that each state give full faith and credit to CHILD CUSTODY decrees from other states. Federal legislation passed in 1998 also requires that courts in each state recognize and enforce grandparental visitation orders from courts in other states. All states have adopted a version of the Uniform Child Custody JURISDICTION and Enforcement Act ([UCCJEA] previously the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Act), which requires courts in the state where a child resides to recognize and enforce valid child custody orders from another state. Though the UCCJEA is not a federal STATUTE, the provisions of this uniform law as adopted in each state are similar.

A number of courts have recently determined that state statutes providing visitation to grandparents are unconstitutional. The United States Supreme Court in the 2000 case of Troxel v. Granville determined that the Washington visitation statute violated the due process rights of parents to raise their children. This case and similar decisions by state courts have caused several state legislatures to consider bills that would modify or completely revise the visitation rights in those states. Grandparents who seek to attain visitation rights should check the current status of state legislation in their respective states.

Factors Considered for Custody or Visitation
Courts grant visitation or custody to grandparents only when certain conditions provided in the state statutes are met. Conditions for a grandparent to attain custody differ from those conditions required for visitation rights. A grandparent should be familiar with the conditions for either custody or visitation before determining whether to file a petition to request either from a court of law.

Best Interests of the Child
Courts in every jurisdiction must consider the "best interests of the child" when granting custody or visitation rights to a grandparent. In some states, the relevant statute provides a list of factors the court should considered when determining a child's best interests. Other states do not provide factors in the statute, but courts in those states have likely identified factors in custody and visitation cases interpreting the state statutes.

The following factors in determining the best interests of the child are among those included in state statutes and CASE LAW:

The needs of the child, including considerations of physical and emotional health of the child, the safety of the child, and the welfare of the child
The capability of the parents and/or grandparents to meet the needs of the child
The wishes of the parent(s) and the grand-parent(s)
The wishes of the child, if the child is capable of making decisions for himself or herself
The strength of the relationship between the grandparent(s) and grandchild
The length of the relationship between the grandparent(s) and grandchild
EVIDENCE of abuse or neglect by the parent(s) or grandparent(s)
Evidence of substance abuse by the parent(s) or grandparent(s)
The child's adjustment to the home, school, or community
The ability of the parent(s) or grandparent(s) to provide love, affection, and contact with the child
The distance between the child and the parent(s) or grandparent(s)
Requirements for Awarding Custody to Grandparents
STATUTORY provisions for child custody (termed "conservatorship" in a few states) are usually less specific than the statutes regarding grandparent visitation. Courts must first consider the relationship of the parent or parents with the child before considering whether granting custody to grandparent(s) is appropriate. Several states specifically include consideration of grandparents as custodians if both parents are deceased. If either or both parents are alive, courts in most states will presume that the parent of the child should retain custody. Grandparents must generally prove the parent(s) unfit in order to overcome the judicial presumption in favor of the parent. Even if the relationship between the grandparent and grandchild is strong, it is very difficult for a grandparent to attain custody of a grandchild against the wishes of the parent or parents.

Requirements for Awarding Visitation to Grandparents
State statutes providing visitation to grandparents generally require that a number of conditions occur before visitation rights can be granted. The marital status of the parents must be considered in a majority of states before a court will evaluate the relevant factors to determine if visitation is appropriate. In some of these states, the parents' marital status is considered only if the grandparent or grandparents have been denied visitation by the parents. In other states, marital status is considered only if the grandchild resided with the grandparents for a certain length of time.

A minority of states require that at least one parent is deceased before a court can award visitation to the parent of the deceased parent of the child. For example, a maternal grandparent in one of these states may be awarded visitation only if the mother of the child is deceased.

State statutes vary in their treatment of cases in which a grandchild has been adopted. In several states, ADOPTION by anyone, including a stepparent or another grandparent, terminates the visitation rights of the grandparent. In some states, adoption by a stepparent or another grandparent does not terminate visitation rights, but adoption by anyone else does terminate these rights. In other states, adoption has no effect on the visitation rights of grandparents, so long as other statutory requirements are met.

Once the statutory conditions for visitation are met, grandparents must establish the factors that courts may or must consider to grant visitation rights. In every state, grandparents must prove that granting visitation to the grandchild is in the best interest of the child. Several states also require that the court consider the prior relationship between the grandparent and the grandchild, the effect grandparental visitation will have on the relationship between the parent and child, and/or a showing of harm to the grandchild if visitation is not allowed.

Courts' Jurisdiction over Custody and Visitation Cases
Parties Residing in the Same State
Each state provides the appropriate venue which can make custody and visitation determinations in a case where all of the parties reside in the same state. Where a DIVORCE is pending, the appropriate venue for making a custody or visitation decision involving the grandparents and grandchildren is almost always the court HEARING the divorce proceedings. Some states require visitation petitions to be filed with another domestic relations suit. Some states also permit visitation requests after a domestic relations order has been rendered or as an original proceeding.

Parties Residing in Different States
If a child's parents and/or grandparents live in different states, one of several laws will determine the appropriate court to hear a custody or visitation case. If a valid custody or visitation DECREE has been entered in one state, the Parental Kidnapping Prevention Act requires that another state must enforce and must not modify the decree. Another state may modify the decree only if the original state no longer has jurisdiction over the case or has declined jurisdiction to modify the custody or visitation decree. Congress amended this statute in 1998 to include a grandparent in the definition of "contestant."

If no state has made a valid custody determination, the provisions of the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act, as adopted by each state, will apply. A court in a particular state has power to hear a custody case if that state is the child's "home state" or has been the home state of the child within six months of the date the legal action was brought and at least one parent continues to reside in the state. Other situations include those in which a state with jurisdiction over a custody case declines jurisdiction or no other state may assert jurisdiction over the child.

Top Dui Lawyer Orange County?

Best advice is to ask a local attorney who does DUI defense only! Most will NOT charge for a first visit.

What Is The Best Criminal Defense For Armed Robbery?
Is There A Defense That Involves Financial Hardship Or Robbery To Provide For The Family?

The only affirmative defense to armed robbery is duress. All criminal statues have affirmative defenses that have been recognized in past cases, as affirmative defenses, recognized by a court, and passed on legally by the concept of starre decises (let the decision stand). Having said that, the only situation I could see that would merit a defense, would be a case in which someone convinces you that you will be killed or your family members would be killed, if you refuse to commit the robbery. This would be a hard defense to prove without evidence of the duress, such as witnesses that can attest to the duress you were under. I am not even sure there has been one case yet, in which a person was successful at proving duress. There is no other viable defense that I can think of. It is not a defense that your were poor, or in desperate need of money. This comes down to a decision to act or not act, and the one defense I provided, could easily be challenged by the prosecutor, by proving that the actor had the ability to contact police for help before committing the robbery.

If Someone Hires An Attorney To Instigate A Frivolous Lawsuit Against You, How Do You Get To Bar Association?
Someone Mentioned In This Forum That The Bar Association Will Fine An Attorney Who Files Frivolous Petitions. How Do I Bring Such Action To Their Attention?

The possible actions that can be taken directly against opposing counsel, how to take those actions, and the considerations you should have before doing so vary State to State. Talk to your lawyer about your options.

To contact the State Bar Association, just google the name of the State together with the words "Bar Association". You should be able to find it pretty easily.

Legal Aids Please Jump In....?
I Told Me Ex To Go To Child Support And Give Payments There. He Hasn'T Gone. He Keeps On Giving Me Personal Checks. Should I Go And Apply For Child Support Or Is That Done Automatically Once Divorce Is Processed? We Had Our Divorced Done Thru A Legal Aid Office Instead Of An Attorney.

mine was done thru legal aid as weel. It differs from state to state, and even county to county. Your legal aid should still be able to answer that question over the phone.... at least mine has been very helpful with all of the questions that come after..... good luck

Hello Friends Where We Locate Good Lawyer On Our Situations About Matrimonial?
Hello Friends I Really Need Your Assistant Where I And Fiancée Can Locate Good A Lawyer In Barcelona Sabadell Who Is Good Handling Matrimonial Issued.We Are Running Out Of Time On Our Document.Please Any Advice

Check the phone book. *