How To Find A Top Rated Attorney
Attorney in Ojai

Home | Main Page | Advertise With Us | Sitemap


Attorney in
93023, 93024
3 Ways To Know You've Picked The Correct Lawyer It's pretty intimidating to endure the legal court system, particularly if you lack confidence with your legal team. Allow me to share three important approaches to recognize that you've hired the proper lawyer: 1. They Concentrate On Your Kind Of Case What the law states is often tricky and therefore requires specialists to tackle the tough cases. When you really need a legal professional, try to find one who deals with the issue you're facing. Regardless of whether a family member or friend recommends you use a strong they understand, should they don't possess a focus that's comparable to your case, keep looking. When your attorney is definitely an expert, specifically in the hassle you're facing, you know you've hired the best one. 2. The Lawyer Has A Winning Record Based on the circumstances, it could be difficult to win a case, specifically if the team helping you has minimal to no experience. Look for practices who have won numerous cases that relate to yours. While this is no guarantee that you simply case is going to be won, it will give you a better shot. 3. They Listen And Respond If the attorney you've chosen takes time to listen for your concerns and react to your inquiries, you've probably hired the right choice. Irrespective of how busy they can be or how small your concerns seem from the perspective, it's crucial that they react to you in a caring and timely manner. From the point of view of a common citizen who isn't knowledgeable about the judicial system, court cases might be pretty scary you need updates as well as think that you're area of the solution. Some attorneys are simply considerably better to both you and your case than others. Make sure you've hired the most appropriate team for the circumstances, to actually can put the matter behind you immediately. Faith with your legal representative is the first task to winning any case.

ACTIONPages is your local directory publisher. Serving markets in Arizona, California, Washington, and Canada. ACTIONPages the best local choice for cost-effective advertising.
Some of the cites we server are, California Grover Beach | Pismo Beach | Nipomo | Arroyo Grande | San Luis Obispo | SLO | Morro Bay | Los Osos Orcutt Ojai Arizona | Lake Havasu | Kingman | Bullhead | Prescott | Payson | Show Low | Snowflake | Taylor | Flagstaff Sedona | Cottonwood | Camp Verde | Williams | Washington | Skagit | Whatcom | Bellingham | Ferndale Lynden Mount Vernon | Sedro Woolley | Burlington | Oak Harbor | Anacortes | Camano Island | Stanwood | Arlington Langley Clinton | San Juan Islands | BC | Duncan | Port Alberni | Comox | Courtney | Campbell River | Parksville | Langley Maple ridge | Chilliwack | Abbotsford | Mission | Whistler | Squamish | Sunshine Coast | Terrace | Kitimat | Smithers Prince Rupert | Prince George | Williams Lake | Quesnel | Sidney | Victoria | Alberta | Red Deer | Lloydminster | Ontario | Sudbury | Sault Ste Marie | North Bay | Timmins | Muskoka | Gravenhurst | Parry Sound | Huntsville | Kingston | Belleville | Cornwall | Brockville | Dundas | Pembroke | Renfrew | Smith Falls | Cobourg

Business Law?
A Friend Was Advised To Resign Her Position After Using All Her Sick Days Due To Cancer Treatments. This Means She Loses Her Benefits But Without Resigning Was Told She Would Be &Quot;Awol&Quot; . Isn'T There A Law Protecting Her?

Yes, under FMLA, and no, she does not have to resign.

"Under federal law and some state laws, certain employees have the right to take up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave per year (any 12-month period) for the following reasons:
you have a serious health condition that keeps you from doing your job; you need to care for a sick child, spouse, or parent with a serious health condition;
you need to care for a newborn child, newly adopted child, or foster child.

If you are eligible, you may take family leave (leave to care for someone in your family) or medical leave (leave to seek care for or recover from your own serious health condition) without losing your job.

Under the law, your job is protected during your leave. When you return to work, your employer must give you either the same job you had before your leave, or a position with equivalent benefits, pay, working conditions, and seniority. Your employer must continue to pay for your health insurance coverage during your leave as it normally would have during your employment."

Military Spousal Support/ Bah Payment?
My Husband And I Are Currently Separated. He Was Paying Me A Percentage Of The Bah Through A Joint Account That Was Meant For Me. He Has Closed This Account And Also Taken The Money That I Left In The Account For Bills That Are Automatically Taken Out. Is He Allowed To Just Cancel My Account And Take My Money That He Is Suppose To Pay Me? I Personally Don'T Think This Is Allowed Nor Wright. What Will Happen If I Contact His Chain Of Commands? I Am Trying To Take Care Of My Family Until The Divorce Is Finalized. I Was Told He Must Pay Me Till We Are Divorced. What Steps Do I Need To Take So He Gives Me The Money He Took And Continue To Received The Bah Till Our Divorce Is Finalized? Thank You For Any Help.

Look i've just went through the samething. Contact whatever seargent whose # u have, dont waste your time talking to the ones thats low in rank they dont care, ask for the commanding officer's phone number. Lie and say you've already spoke with IG (inspector general....they make sure that everyone is doing there job) IG told you to start with commanding officer and if commanding officer dont do anything about nonsupport payments give them a call back. Commander will do what needs to be done I promise you. But if commander doesn't handle up contact ig on the base that he's located and file a complaint....they will give you a support officer that will bring papers to the commander himself and stay on him to get the job done. If u dont know the # google it (ex. Ig on fort carson base) look on the website. He will check back with you. Soldier is suppose to support u until divorce is final. U can put it towards the rent are use it for something else as long as he pays u. He In the meantime try to find out his unit job information and file for child support. If they wont give it ask commander to email u something stating how much soldier is required to pay u. Once recieved job information will b in letterhead. If he wont child support will use the information u have a photo id and get him served. The more information the faster but either way he will get served even if they have to do it at work. Even if he is cooperating tell them he's not as long as divorce isnt file they will get a court order asap after speaking with you. Keep in mind all the military can do is try to make him pay it and punish him if he doesnt. They can even go as far as kicking him out, but if he cares about his job he'll pay. If both parties are getting out of hand they can just take bah and bas no one will get it. When speaking to commander keep it short and simple. Let them know what u want. Have ur dates together and dont get emotional they're just interested in getting the problem resolved. Commander will stay on soldier, if not, ig will stay on commander. Keep in mind that what he's paying you is not child support if u file child support u are allowed to file back child support frm seperation date. Yes u can file child support while married as long as there isn't a divorce pending, because all that will b addressed in court. **** what everybody else saying there not in our shoes. Get what is needed for kids thats what they have mommies for to protect them. to get everything straightened out could take atleast 1 month and a half. My advice become and EDUCATED pest.

Father'S Visitation Rights......?
I Am Asking This Under My Wife'S Log On.....I Lost A Battle For Visitation Rights To My Son Due To Having A Really Bad Attorney....I Pay Child Support, Paid My Ex'S Mediation Fees, Paid Half Of The Medical Bills For My Son, Paid For The Paternity Test....I Did Everything I Was Supposed To Do....Her Defense Was My Irresponsibility Due To My Age (I Am 23, She Is 33) And She Said In Court That I Was A Convicted Felon (Burglary Charge When I Was 13 Years Old) And My Attorney Did Not Say A Word To Defend Me....Sooooo....I Got Only Every Other Weekend Visitation (No Holiday, Birthdays, Father'S Day, Nothing) And She Got Sole Parental Responsibility.....We Were Not Married (In Case Anyone Asks), It Was A One Night Stand But I Am Trying To Take Repsponsibility And Be In My Son'S Life.....The Question Is.....Should I File For A Modification Of Final Judgment???? I Want My Son!!!

I am an attorney and have done family law, so I'll give you some answers based on my experience. First, maybe you did have a bad attorney, but you got a pretty standard deal. The only thing I can see which might not be standard is paying the mom's mediation fees, but that's minor. As far as your attorney not jumping up and defending you when the other attorney said that you were a convicted felon, don't worry about it. The judge is not stupid. The judge probably had paperwork indicating that you were thirteen when it happened, and it was a burglary, and that's why your attorney didn't explain that. As far as the amount of visitation time you got, every other weekend, I would say that is probably because your son is still a baby. If the judge thought that you were convicted of child molestation or something, you would have gotten no visitation. Regarding filing for modification of visitation, most states have a minimum amount of time which must go by before you can file for a modification. And actually, most couples do not follow their visitation order to the letter anyway. If you faithfully and responsibly visit your son and show this mom, who it sounds like you barely know, that you are going to be a good parent, maybe you can work something out with her informally. Most moms of toddlers would be THRILLED to have someone they trusted show up to take the child to the park, to the zoo, whatever.
I applaud you that you are determined to be a good dad to this little guy. I now know many, many of these one-night stand kind of mom and dad and baby situations, and actually they can work out great. A lot of these dads are really stepping up to the plate and being dads to these kids. And it seems like it might be an advantage that the mom and dad don't have a dating history. There aren't a lot of hard feelings. Keep on doing what you are doing. This little boy needs you.

Need Legal Advice But I Dont Have Money?
Does Anyone Know A Family Court Lawyer I Can Talk To, Just For Legal Advice? I Don'T Have Any Money To Speak Of. However, I Really Need To Know My Rights So I Can Handle My Case Legally.

You need to find your nearest legal aid. Lawyers do not provide legal advice for nothing, just as butchers and bakers and candlestick makers don't provide their product for free.

I'm sure you'll see several people advising "most lawyers will provide a free 1 hour consultation", since that's the prevailing myth. In fact, a lawyer will meet with you to discuss how they can help you, they will not advise you on how to handle your own case.

What Can You Tell Me About Corporate Law?
I'M Interested In Coporate Law, But I Don'T Know Much About It... Please Inform Me About The Business And The Top Law Schools That Will Help Me Become A Sucessfull Corporate Lawyer.

Corporate law is a broad area of law that includes laws that are related to the formation and governance of business entities. Typical services a corporate law attorney may provide to a client include:

1. Advice on what kind of entity to form to operate the business of the client, including venue;
2. Preparing and filing the necessary legal documents to form such business entity;
3. Preparing business engagement contracts for the client for use with its customers and suppliers or reviewing and negotiating the same on behalf of the client;
4. Negotiating and drafting legal documents for the acquisition of other businesses for the client;
5. Negotiating and drafting legal documents for the sale of part or all of the client's business;
6. Advising the client regarding duties and obligations of the business entity to various parties, including shareholders, directors, officers, and government regulatory agencies;
7. Drafting and negotiating documents for financing the corporation through equity (e.g. private or public offerings of stock) or debt (e.g. commercial credit lines with banks).

In the United States, you do not need to pass a specialty exam to practice corporate law, just the state bar exam for the jurisdiction(s) in which you intend to practice. In general, most areas of practice in the United States do not require that you pass a specialty exam.

The top law schools in the United States according to the U.S. News and World Report law school rankings (which for better or worse is what big law firms use as a guide to hiring lawyers) ranks the following as the top 14 law schools and these are considered the top recruiting grounds for big law firms seeking entry level corporate law attorneys:

New York University
University of California - Berkeley
University of Chicago
University of Pennsylvania
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
Duke University
Northwestern University
University of Virginia
Cornell University
Georgetown University

Moving Out Of State, No Custody Agreement?
I'M A Single Mom With A 15 Month Old Daughter. Her Father And I Are Together But, Has No Interest In Loving Out Of California, Or His Parents House For That Matter. I Want To Move To Georgia Or Texas (I Live In California) But I Am Not Sure About The Laws Pertaining To This... There Is No Custody Agreement However He Is On The Birth Certificate. We Are Unmarried

I suppose it depends on the approach you want to take. The most aggresive approach is to move to Texas (or Georgia) and file for custody (called "conservatorship" in Texas). This is the safest approach because it prevents your child's father from asking the California court to impose a geographic restriction on you or the child. The geographic restriction, if granted, would require you to keep the child in a certain geographic area. That kind of restrction would prevent you from being able to move. Please note that I am a Texas attorney. I do not know the law in California. For all I know, geographic restrictions are not a big deal in California. You should consult a Calfifornia attorney, a Texas attorney such as me, and a Georgia attorney.

Another approach is to file a custody case in California. You would be able to establish important things (e.g. child support and visitation); however, you would put your case within the jurisdiction of a Calfifornia court. And your case would probably remain in the California court if you were able to move. That would prevent you from having the same kind of control over your case that you would have if you filed it in the state to which you want to move.

For more information, you are welcome to call my office.


Moore Odediran, PLLC
700 Lavaca
Suite 1400
Austin, Texas 78701
Phone: (512) 334-6080