Best Rated Attorney
Lawyer Advice in Ojai

Home | Main Page | Advertise With Us | Sitemap


Lawyer Advice in
93023, 93024
3 Strategies To Know You've Picked The Right Lawyer It's pretty intimidating to undergo the court system, particularly if lack confidence in your legal team. Allow me to share three important methods to know that you've hired the correct lawyer: 1. They Specialize In Your Sort Of Case The law is usually tricky and therefore requires specialists to tackle the tough cases. When you really need an attorney, search for one that works with the matter you're facing. Regardless of whether a member of family or friend recommends you employ a strong they know, when they don't use a focus that's just like your case, keep looking. As soon as your attorney is an expert, especially in the problem you're facing, you already know you've hired the correct one. 2. The Lawyer Includes A Winning Record Depending on the circumstances, it can be tough to win an instance, particularly if the team helping you has hardly any experience. Seek out practices which may have won numerous cases that relate to yours. Although this is no guarantee that you case will be won, it provides you with a significantly better shot. 3. They Listen And Respond When the attorney you've chosen takes the time to listen for your concerns and respond to your inquiries, you've probably hired the best one. No matter how busy they may be or how small your concerns seem using their perspective, it's crucial that they react to you inside a caring and timely manner. From the purpose of view of an ordinary citizen who isn't familiar with the judicial system, court cases may be pretty scary you will need updates as well as feel like you're portion of the solution. Some attorneys are simply just more desirable to your case than the others. Ensure you've hired the most appropriate team for the circumstances, to ensure that you can place the matter behind you as fast as possible. Faith inside your legal representative is step one to winning any case.

ACTIONPages is your local directory publisher. Serving markets in Arizona, California, Washington, and Canada. ACTIONPages the best local choice for cost-effective advertising.
Some of the cites we server are, California Grover Beach | Pismo Beach | Nipomo | Arroyo Grande | San Luis Obispo | SLO | Morro Bay | Los Osos Orcutt Ojai Arizona | Lake Havasu | Kingman | Bullhead | Prescott | Payson | Show Low | Snowflake | Taylor | Flagstaff Sedona | Cottonwood | Camp Verde | Williams | Washington | Skagit | Whatcom | Bellingham | Ferndale Lynden Mount Vernon | Sedro Woolley | Burlington | Oak Harbor | Anacortes | Camano Island | Stanwood | Arlington Langley Clinton | San Juan Islands | BC | Duncan | Port Alberni | Comox | Courtney | Campbell River | Parksville | Langley Maple ridge | Chilliwack | Abbotsford | Mission | Whistler | Squamish | Sunshine Coast | Terrace | Kitimat | Smithers Prince Rupert | Prince George | Williams Lake | Quesnel | Sidney | Victoria | Alberta | Red Deer | Lloydminster | Ontario | Sudbury | Sault Ste Marie | North Bay | Timmins | Muskoka | Gravenhurst | Parry Sound | Huntsville | Kingston | Belleville | Cornwall | Brockville | Dundas | Pembroke | Renfrew | Smith Falls | Cobourg

Help Finding An Attorney To Help With A Foreclosure?
Has Anyone Done Any Business With A Foreclosure Defense Company To Help With Their Mortgage? Seems Like Most Of The Information That I Have Been Finding Is All Related To What Scams They Are. I Know They Can’T All Be Scams. The Person At The Bank Told Me That I Should Get An Attorney After She Told Me That She Was Not Going To Be Able To Help With My Situation. Sounded Like She Was Just Trying To Be Rude To Me So Now I Am Thinking About Actually Getting An Attorney.

The ONLY way to find someone honest is word of mouth from someone who has had positive results that YOU trust or know. Find out who your Congress person is....mine has a dept. just for help for this issue. They have contacts for help-groups and some of the lenders too.
I've been fighting this for YEARS. Am on my 6th mod attempt currently....I have been trying to get my lender to work with me since before I was even 1 payment late. They wouldn't talk to me until I was 4 months late. That started the downhill ball rolling, then the multiple transfers to new servicers....they never get all the paperwork, even when you have written proof they've received it. Then they say, oh well, that time-frame is gone, you're denied for not having gotten us what we needed in time.
There's a lot to consider on that will be used in determining if you're long have you been in arrears? Do you have equity or are you upside-down? Do you earn enough to pay now if you've not been paying for a while? Do you have a lot of other outstanding debt? Have you looked at Bankruptcy?
Your lender is now just a debt collector. I totally get (as should all of us in this predicament) that we signed paperwork to get the loan, and a large part of the Note is default boilerplate (I work in the industry, so am VERY well aware that no one owes me anything).
That being said, I know personally 5 people with the same lender, in the same situation who because they were upside down, got mods, no problem. My "problem" apparently is that I have equity (and am self employed). This is a bad thing when trying to save your home. I will sell before I let the lender take it, but have stupidly burned through thousands of dollars on 2 scammer Mod Companies with REALLY GOOD sales tactics. Have also gotten screwed by an attorney filing chapter 13 for me, knowing I didn't make enough to pay back all of my debts in 5 years. Can't find any hard money lenders to even do a bad loan to just pay off this one, then when credit corrects itself, refi with a normal loan again in a couple of years. They only seem to do commercial loans now.
Go through the advocacy groups out there, or if you can manage paying the back payments and all your other debts in 5 years (you have to make enough money that there's money left at the end of the month for your regular bills) you can file a Chapter 13, and it works but for me it was way over what I'm earning right now. I've been able to pay my loan for ages, but they just won't talk to me about reinstating the loan. And I know people who resumed their regular payments and then were foreclosed on after a few months of everything seeming to be OK.
Good luck. Don't be afraid to call your Congress person or any Representative you know covers your area...they have resources that can help (know another person who got a BofA mod when utilizing their Congressman...they know people in high places).

The Difference Between Lawyers Who Work For Themselves And Those Who Work In Law Firms?
I'd Love To Know. Benefits, Disadvantages, And Preferably, Which Is The Best To Succeed?

It is kind of hard to do a broad based comparison but here are some of the notable distinctions:

(1) Pay
(a) Law Firm- There are all types of law firms ranging from "Big-Law" to "Mid-Law" to "Boutique." Each one of these has their pros and cons. For example, many of the Big-Law firms can pay first-year associates around $160,000 with a bonus ranging from $10,000 to $20,000. The lower you go down in size, usually, the lower the pay gets. The positive thing about "Boutique" firms is that they are usually specialized in a certain practice, i.e., appellate litigation. Some of these Boutiques garner a lot of fame in the legal community.
(b) Sole Practitioner- The pay can very depending on your performance. Some years may be very good and others not. It depends on your case load. Usually sole practitioners work on commission, as a result, they get get a portion of the award. While Big Firms usually charge their clients an hourly rate, which will vary depending on what level of attorney is working on the case, i.e., 1st-year associate versus a 6th-year associate.

(2) Clients
(a) Law firm- Usually the clients are brought in by the attorneys working in the firm. This task is usually delegated to the partners. A rainmaker is a partner that has a significant book of business for the firm. Furthermore, you usually get to deal with the bigger clients, i.e., Microsoft, Bank of America, and etc.
(b) Sole Practitioner- You have to go out there and get your own clients. So, you could get clients through advertisements, referrals, and etc. The clients tend to be "mom & pop" shops.

(3) Resources
(a) Law Firm- Most law firms have more than one practice area. So, it is easy for you to find multiple practice areas in one firm, for example, a firm may have litigation, corporate, securities, and bankruptcy departments. This gives you the flexibility to call upon other attorneys in your law firm to give you advice about a client matter. If you are working on a deal on behalf of a client, and the client then wants to proceed into litigation. You have a litigation department that you can hand the case over to, and they will work on it. Furthermore, law firms usually have a law library and are able to pay for expensive on-line research.
(b) Sole Practitioner- They usually have to learn on the job. Sometimes they will specialize in a particular field, i.e., family law. They also have limited financial resources to pay for these expensive on-line legal research databases.

Probably the best way to look at it is to think of a sole practitioner as owning his/her own business. While a law firm employees attorneys, partners have the opportunity to buy into the firm. Some firms have a two-tier partnership track. Thus some partners will be equity partners and others will be income partners. In this scenario, equity partners have the opportunity to buy into the firm. This allows them to share in the firms profits, which can be in the millions depending on the firm.

Can Grandparents Get Visitation Rights?
If I Do Not Get Along With My Daughter, And She Says Her Child Will Not Know Me And Never See Me, Can I Get A Lawyer And Get Some Sort Of Visitation Rights In Court?

CAN a grandparent get a court order of visitation? In some states and under some circumstances.

But if you don't get along with your daughter, then your daughter almost certainly has the absolute right to prevent you from ever having access to the child.

In the states that permit grandparents to sue for visitation - it is usually required that the grandparent already had a relationship with the child (that the parent has now tried to prevent) or that the grandparent's child has died and the widow/widower is refusing to let the grandparents see the child.

But regardless, you would be required to show that it would be in the best interests of the child to have visitation with you . . . and if you would be a disruptive and negative influence in the family life of the child, then you have no hope of winning.

If you want to be a grandmother, you had better recognize that your daughter is the gatekeeper. Be nice to her or you won't know her child.

Cant Find An Attorney To Answer.....?
Please No Rude Comment. I Am Not In A Place To Take Constructive Criticism. My Husband Just Left Me. We Have Had Separate Bank Account And He Gives Me 200 A Week For Whatever I Need. He Has 20K In His Savings Account From A Settlement He Got. While We Were Married. And The Settlement Is From An Accident I Set And Took Care Of Him For 1 1/2 Years. I Have No Job (My Resume Is Terrible And I Haven'T Been Able To Find Work), Basically I Screwed Myself. And Its Not Looking Like He Is Going To Give Me Money Willingly. What Can I Do? What Are My Rights To Get Some Of That Money?

If you are in Texas go here:

You can look for an attorney there.

But, Texas is a "community property" state, meaning that all income EARNED during the marriage is equally the property of both parties to the marriage, but income not earned by one of the parties, such as a settlement from an accident, might not be community property. You need to check with an attorney.

It is not necessary to address whether that is community property if you go to court, after filing your petition for divorce, you can ask the court to order payments in an amount you can live on. These are called "Temporary Orders" and can include spousal support and child support.

Good Luck, times are hard right now, and you may have to find a way to cut expenses. Maybe you could place an ad and do housework, there is usually a need for domestic help all over, and it pays daily. Usually you can get $10. to $20. per hour for housework, with 4 hour minimum daily schedule.

My Baby Died Due To Doctors Negligence......Need Attorney Advice Asap!?
Last Year In July Of 2008 My Daughter Was Stillborn At 31 Weeks. My Water Ruptured A Week Prior I Went To The Hospital Expecting To Deliver. Instead I Layed In A Bed For A Week With Little To No Amniotic Fluid. I Was Only Monitored 2 Times A Shift. I Had To Change My Own Sheets And Pads As They Were Soaked With Fluid. I Constantly Stressed How Much Pain And Discomfort I Was In Let Alone All The Worries I Had For My Unborn Child. They Insured Me That She Would Be Fine. I Have The Paper Work From The Hospital And Every Ultrasound Says Not Enough Fluid To Be Measured Or Very Little. When I Asked The Doctor Why My Baby Passed The Reason Was Not Enough Fluid And She Compressed Her Cord Suffocating Herself. I Have Taking This Case To A Law Firm And They Denied It After A Year Of Looking Into It. I Have Writing Countless Attorneys And Still No Help. One Even Said Due To Some Legislation That Passed They Can Not Help. I Know Tx Has A Strict 2 Year Statue Of Limitations What Do I Need To Do?

The elements of negligence are for a tortuous claim.

However, this borderlines on criminal neglect, although going after them for a civil suit for damages would be appropriate after wards.

Please, get another opinion, there must be something you're leaving out if an attorney looked over your case for a year and still had nothing for you.
Once the SoL has expired, your options are quite limited.

What Kind Of Lawyer Handles Child Abuse Cases?
What Other Kinds Of Cases Would He Handle? Would It Be Some Sort Of Specialization? I Don'T Actually Need One, Btw. I'M A Writer, Doing A Bit Of Research. I Need A Title For My Hero. :) Thank You. :)

Depends upon what you mean by "child abuse cases."

Criminal prosecutors (District Attorney) sometimes specialize within their office.
For someone being accused of child abuse, a criminal defense attorney. It's rare for one to specialize in this type of case, though it's not unheard of.
Social Services has their own attorneys who specialize in child dependency matters involving allegations of abuse.
If Social Services is trying to take a child away based on child abuse, the parent will want a family law attorney specializing in dependency matters.
For a civil suit, where someone is either suing or being sued for child abuse injuries, a civil litigation attorney would be a good choice.