Top Rated Attorney
Ask A Lawyer in San Luis Obispo

Home | Main Page | Advertise With Us | Sitemap


Ask A Lawyer in
93401, 93402, 93403, 93405, 93406, 93407, 93408, 93409, 93410, 93412
A lot of people do not think about choosing a lawyer till they are in desperate need. The lawful problem may possibly be personal, like family law, for a breakup or if you are searching for a bankrupcy or trust law firm. It may be a felony situation you want to be defended on. Companies need to have attorneys as well, regardless of whether they are being sued for discrimination, sexual harassment, or maybe unjust business practices. Tax attorneys are also beneficial any time engaging with government issues. Just like doctors, lawyers have expertise. A sizeable, full service law firm has numerous lawyers with numerous areas of competence, so relying on your personal legal issue, you can instantly hold on to the finest law firm to satisfy your up-to-date need without having to begin your search each time you need legal support.It is best to find a lawyer you can believe in. You want one with a decent record, who istruthful, efficient, and wins cases. You want to have assurance that they will stand for you accurately and invoice you fairly for their services. Oftentimes a word of mouth from a buddy or business associate can be very helpful, having said that you should keep your options open and review all the firms accessible, due to the fact when you want legal help, you need it instantly and you really want the very best you can afford. Thank you for hunting for a lawyer or attorney with us. Your time is valuable, and Action Pages, at, is pleased to offer you specific search parameters to satisfy your necessities. We consistently make an effort to concentrate on the most popular phrases so you can immediately find anything you are searching for.

ACTIONPages is your local directory publisher. Serving markets in Arizona, California, Washington, and Canada. ACTIONPages the best local choice for cost-effective advertising.
Some of the cites we server are, California Grover Beach | Pismo Beach | Nipomo | Arroyo Grande | San Luis Obispo | SLO | Morro Bay | Los Osos Orcutt Ojai Arizona | Lake Havasu | Kingman | Bullhead | Prescott | Payson | Show Low | Snowflake | Taylor | Flagstaff Sedona | Cottonwood | Camp Verde | Williams | Washington | Skagit | Whatcom | Bellingham | Ferndale Lynden Mount Vernon | Sedro Woolley | Burlington | Oak Harbor | Anacortes | Camano Island | Stanwood | Arlington Langley Clinton | San Juan Islands | BC | Duncan | Port Alberni | Comox | Courtney | Campbell River | Parksville | Langley Maple ridge | Chilliwack | Abbotsford | Mission | Whistler | Squamish | Sunshine Coast | Terrace | Kitimat | Smithers Prince Rupert | Prince George | Williams Lake | Quesnel | Sidney | Victoria | Alberta | Red Deer | Lloydminster | Ontario | Sudbury | Sault Ste Marie | North Bay | Timmins | Muskoka | Gravenhurst | Parry Sound | Huntsville | Kingston | Belleville | Cornwall | Brockville | Dundas | Pembroke | Renfrew | Smith Falls | Cobourg

Who Is The Best Defense Attorney In Sacramento?

Law Office of Katherine E. Lothrop
716 10th St, Suite 300
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 444-8786 |

Experienced criminal defense attorney. Felonies, misdemeanors, DUI, expungements

How Do I Become A Criminal Defence Lawyer?
I'M Currently In High School. What Do I Need To Do To Become A Criminal Defence Lawyer?

Go to a 4 year college and graduate with solid grades
Take the LSAT and do well
Apply to law school and be accepted
Graduate law school
Pass the bar
Be hired by a firm who does criminal defense or by the Public Defenders Office.

Should I Give Legal Custody?
Hi Looking For Some Advice I Am In The Military And I Was Divorced About 3 Years Ago While I Was In Iraq My Ex Moved To Colorado Since Then I Have Had Joint Custody Of My Children I Have Paid Child Support As I Have Been Directed And I Have Even Given More When I Had It. I Know That I Can Not Always Make It To Colorado To Be With My Sons Because I Am Stationed In Oklahoma. About Two Days Ago My Ex Tells Me She Is Going To Take Me To Court So She Can Get Legal Custody On My Sons. She Tells Me She Wants It So That She Does Not Have To Ask Me For Signatures Or Come To Me In Order To Get Things Done. I Do Not Want To Give Up Legal Custody She Tells Me That It Would Make It Better For The Boy I Do Not Believe This. Even Though We Have Joint Custody She Is Never Telling Me Anything About My Sons Or Letting Me Know What Is Going On She Also Tries Very Hard To Keep My Children Away From Their Grandparents My Mom And Dad And Even Makes It Hard For Me When I Want To See Them I Think That She Is Breaking The The Rules Of The Joint Child Support. My Real Question Is Should I Give Up Legal Custody Or Not And Is She In Violation Of The Joint Custody Please Let Me Know Thank You

What she wants is Sole Custody, which will give her 100% control. You should fight this and do more to be receiving info on the children. File a motion to enforce, and ask for her to pay a cash or certified court bond of $2000, which gets forfeited to you, should she violate your rights again to the info. Note, if the original jurisdiction was Oklahoma, you can fight Colorado getting it. Transfer of jurisdiction is not mandatory under federal law, only allowed.

There is a lot you can be doing to enforce your rights, without running up legal bills. Are you recording your conversations with her, without her knowing it? This is legal in both your states, Okla. Stat. tit. 13 § 176.3 & Colo. Rev. Stat. § 18-1.3-401.

As for your grandparents, counter file to include this in your orders, as well as a requirement that she provide transportation for when the kids come see you. Has your orders been modified for long distance?

These links will teach you how to create a Chronological Statement and how to hire an attorney.

Federal Child Support Enforcement Handbook for Non-Custodial Parents

To learn a father's rights, join Dads House. It's free to join, access all materials, and you associate with other fathers going through, and have already gone through, the same issues. We have an Educational Manual that teaches everything that needs to be known in addressing your legal issues. Mention your question here when asked why you want to join, as well as your state? \\\\\\\\

Criminal Defense Lawyer For Kids?
I Have Always Wanted To Be A Criminal Defense Lawyer...But Now, That I'Ve Thought More About It I'M Thinking Differently...I Still Want To Defend But Not Adults...Is There A Specific Type Of Law Where The Lawyer Defends Kid Criminals? Thats What I Would Like To Do. Any Help Is Appreciated...Thanks, A Lot! :D ♥

The existing laws for Juvenile Offenders is aimed at correctional method and not punish them. Hence there is little need for a lawyer to defend them .
In fact, the following News , Published in the Hindu daily dated 29-01-2008 is interesting :-
"A person cannot be denied government employment, even in the police force, for having committed a criminal offence when he/she was a juvenile, the Madras High Court ruled on Monday"
"He said Parliament, while enacting the Act, had been careful enough to ensure there was no provision to convict or punish a juvenile in conflict with the law. The Act lays down a non penal protective system for children accused of committing criminal offences"
“No one is a born criminal...Lots of children in this country, who are not taken care of by their parents and relatives, due to poverty and other reasons, at times land into the hands of anti-social elements. The latter corrupt the minds of the juveniles and train them to develop delinquent propensities,” he said.

“In this alarming situation, it is the constitutional duty of the State to create a conducive atmosphere for juveniles to re-establish themselves in society, family life, education and employment. The juveniles should be relieved of psychological factors looming large in their minds and they should be kept free of any stigma,” the Judge observed.

Where Can I Find California Inheritance Laws?
My Wife And I Are In The 80Th. We Want To Deed Our All-Paid Residence To One Of Our Sons? Can We Just Deed To Him And His Wife? Any Implications Involved? The Property Is Valued Between 3 To 4 Hundred Thousand Dollars, About Fifty Years Old..

Yes, you can but I urge you to see a Tax Attorney and an Elder Law Attorney before you do so.

If you give your house to your son, you also give him your basis cost for the property. Since you have had the property for 50 years, I imagine that you paid under $25,000 for the home. If, in the future your son sold the home for $375,000, your son would owe Capital Gains Tax on the difference between your basis cost and the selling price. In other words he would owe 15% of the gain of $350,000 or $52,500. With inheritance comes a "stepped up basis" which means that the heirs' basis cost becomes the value of the asset on the date of death of the benefactor. If you son inherits the $375,000 house and sells it for $375,000 then he owes no Capital Gain Tax because there is no gain.

If your purpose is to save on Probate costs (which in California are set by law) you should consider a Revocable Trust or Living Trust. Given the value of your house at $400K and with other assets of $100K for a total Estate Value of $500,000, your Probate would cost would be $13,000. A Trust would cost no more than $5,000 and that would be for a very complicated estate. Having a Trust avoids Probate entirely and ensures a quick and orderly transfer of the estate to the heir.

If your purpose is to avoid paying for medical care for yourself and have Medicare and MediCal pay for your care by transferring your assets so that you are indigent and cannot pay yourself, then be aware that there is a 60 month (5 year) look back period by Medicare and MediCal. What that means is that if you do transfer assets then you are not eligible to receive MediCal or Medicare assistance for 5 years after the transfer date.

Basically it is almost always better to inherit than to receive an asset as a gift. It is also almost always better to use a Trust to transfer your assets to your heirs than to go through the delays and costs of Probate. If you get a Trust made for you by an Attorney, it will save your spouse, your estate, and your heirs possibly tens of thousands in unnecessary taxes and fees. It will cost you a few thousand, but in the long run, it is much less expensive.

Entertainment Attorney? ?
I Wanna Shoot A Demo/Pilot Thing For A Sitcom I Wrote. I Was Told I Should Get An Entertainment Attorney. What's That And Why Do I Need It?

An entertainment attorney is an attorney who specializes in entertainment law. Usually they work in either contracts or litigation.

I'm guessing the person told you that you need an entertainment attorney to write up contracts for the people you will employ to work on your demo/pilot thing. If you're in a big city, like LA, a good entertainment attorney will cost you a minimum of $200 an hour, the best go for much more.

Here are some books you should take a look at:

Contracts for the Film & Television Industry by Mark Litwak

The Pocket Lawyer for Filmmakers: A Legal Toolkit for Independent Producers by Thomas A. Crowell

Dealmaking in the Film and Television Industry From Negotiations Through Final Contracts: 2nd Edition Expanded and Updated by Mark Litwak

Good luck!