Best Rated Attorney Near Me
Attorney Family Law in San Luis Obispo

Home | Main Page | Advertise With Us | Sitemap


Attorney Family Law in
93401, 93402, 93403, 93405, 93406, 93407, 93408, 93409, 93410, 93412
Finding A Seasoned Lawyer No matter what your legal needs are you will recognize that there are many lawyers in your town that advertise that they specialize in your sort of case. This will make the procedure of finding one with a lot of experience somewhat of a challenge. However, when you follow the tips below it will be easy to define your search to the right one out of almost no time. Step one is to produce a listing of the lawyers which are listed in your neighborhood that specialize in your situation. While you are which makes this list you must only include those you have an excellent vibe about based on their advertisement. Then you can narrow this list down by using a bit of time evaluating their website. There you should be able to find the amount of years they are practicing and a few general specifics of their success rates. At this stage your list needs to have shrunken further to those that you simply felt had professional websites and an appropriate level of experience. You ought to then spend some time to lookup independent reviews of each attorney. Make sure you browse the reviews instead of just depending on their overall rating. The data inside the reviews will give you an idea of how they connect with the clientele and the length of time they invest into each case they are working on. Finally, it is advisable to meet up with no less than the very last three lawyers which have the credentials you are looking for. This gives you time to truly evaluate how interested they are in representing you and the case. It is actually important to follow most of these steps to actually find someone which includes the proper measure of experience to help you the very best outcome.

ACTIONPages is your local directory publisher. Serving markets in Arizona, California, Washington, and Canada. ACTIONPages the best local choice for cost-effective advertising.
Some of the cites we server are, California Grover Beach | Pismo Beach | Nipomo | Arroyo Grande | San Luis Obispo | SLO | Morro Bay | Los Osos Orcutt Ojai Arizona | Lake Havasu | Kingman | Bullhead | Prescott | Payson | Show Low | Snowflake | Taylor | Flagstaff Sedona | Cottonwood | Camp Verde | Williams | Washington | Skagit | Whatcom | Bellingham | Ferndale Lynden Mount Vernon | Sedro Woolley | Burlington | Oak Harbor | Anacortes | Camano Island | Stanwood | Arlington Langley Clinton | San Juan Islands | BC | Duncan | Port Alberni | Comox | Courtney | Campbell River | Parksville | Langley Maple ridge | Chilliwack | Abbotsford | Mission | Whistler | Squamish | Sunshine Coast | Terrace | Kitimat | Smithers Prince Rupert | Prince George | Williams Lake | Quesnel | Sidney | Victoria | Alberta | Red Deer | Lloydminster | Ontario | Sudbury | Sault Ste Marie | North Bay | Timmins | Muskoka | Gravenhurst | Parry Sound | Huntsville | Kingston | Belleville | Cornwall | Brockville | Dundas | Pembroke | Renfrew | Smith Falls | Cobourg

Cheap Divorce Lawyer Katy ?

None are cheap. Its best you solve it with one all of your demands but just one of you can take the stand of what you agree to such as support etc to answer the questions from the Judge

Legal Question?
My Boyfriend Was Pulled Over By The Police In Brinkley And My Car Was Impounded And They Told Me That I Couldnt Get My Stuff Out Of The Inside Of The Car Unless I Paid To Get The Car Out Of Impound For 250.00 They Said That The Car Wasnt Worth Much So They Had To Make Their Money Somewhere. Can They Do This To Us? Is It Legal?

No, actually they can't. They can hold the car and claim a lien on the car until you pay what is owed, but there is no law that allows for them to keep any personal items that are not considered a part of the car.
I've run into this situation before on more than one occasion and once had to resort to threatening legal action before the impound yard backed-down and let me retrieve items from the car.
Of course, they are even more accommodating if the items belong to someone else who wants to retrieve them since they know they can't even begin to argue that they have some legal claim to the possessions of a third party.

I Really Need Help From Someone Who Practices Family Law In Pennsylvania!?
I Want To Separate From My Husband But I Cant Even Afford A Place To Live Until I File For Child Support And Alimony. But If I Am Correct, I Don'T Think I Can File For Either Of Those Unless I Am Already Legally Living Somewhere Else Is That Right? What Do I Do?

If you are in danger or being abused go to a women's shelter. If not, make a financial plan. Get a job. You're choosing to be a single mom. You're going to have to go out and support yourself and your children. You can't rely solely on child support and alimony. This is only meant to pay part of the children's expenses. He may or may not pay his child support regularly. If you can't make more than minimum wage you may want to think about applying for section 8 housing now as the waiting list is 2 years long or more (depending on where you live).

You will need money saved up for an attorney unless you feel that you and your husband can work out all the details of the split amicably or through a mediator. If he takes you to court to fight for your kids you better have a plan in mind. Legal aid usually only helps women in domestic violence situations. You may be able to get a pro bono attorney through the state bar association, but it is most likely that you will have to represent yourself and know the laws and procedures of the court thoroughly yourself to do so.

While you're saving money to support yourself look for community resources for anything you don't think you can do for yourself. Look up criteria that judges look at when deciding custody. This is a very serious decision. Don't go about it half-way or you could lose everything that is important to you.

Also, be aware that final divorce decisions can take a year or two. (Sometimes it's just a couple of months, sometimes much longer). You won't receive any child support or alimony until that is decided upon. There will be a pre-trial hearing (assuming your husband and you don't agree). There will be a trial. I cannot stress enough that you cannot count on that money. You don't know what the amount is or whether or not it will get paid or WHEN it will be ordered. There is the possibility of losing custody of your kids. (I don't know the whole situation). If he appears to be able to offer the kids more stability the judge may award him physical custody.

The first step is to get enough money together to retain an attorney ($1500-$2000 at least), money for deposit and first month's rent, living expenses for at least a month.

Legal Advice... Small Claims? Lawyer?
Ok I Will Try To Keep This From Getting Too Long, My Husband And I Have A Farm Back Home And The House On It Was Leased Out To A Family Member. Just Found Out She Has Not Been Paying Rent. She Owes Us Over $2000 In Back Rent In The Last 12 Months Alone. We Also Had To Pay Off $1700 In Electric She Didn't Pay Before She Moved Out. We Are Still Getting The Records For 07. My Husband's Mother Was Supposed To Be Taking Care Of Everything For Us But Didn't Say Anything To Us About The Situation Because She Wanted To "Keep The Peace" Between The Renter And Us. So What Am I Looking At? Lawyer? Small Claims? What Might This Cost Me To Settle? What Are My Chances Of Making Her Pay Up? I Have Never Been Through This And Don't Have Alot Of Money To Spend On The Ordeal, As We Are Making The Payments That The Dumb B**Ch Wasn't So We Can Make The Morgage. It Was Dirt Cheap Rent To Begin With, Under The Agreement She Was Supposed To Be Maintaining The House And Yard. Neither Happened, Ever. She Used Up The Fuel Oil And Never Replaced It, And Left A Broken Window, Bathtub, And Door. I'm Ready To Go Head Huntin, I Need Some Real Advice. Thanks So Much. Also Please Feel Free To Email Me Privately At Fordtrckcowgrl@Yahoo.Com

ok ma'am i hope this helps. legally you can go to small claims for this. small claims court does not require you to have an attorney so it would be cheaper. also small claims caps out at $5,000. So if you have damages over $5K then small claims isnt for you. also if you have a written agreement that she was supposed to do what you said she was supposed to do then you have a strong case and will win. hope this helps.

then all you get componsated for is everything but upkeep. unless the judge believes so i would bring that up in court as well. sounds like you have a very strong case.

Where To Find Legal Aid For Custody For Children?
I Am Asking This Question For My Brother In Law. He Had A Child When He Was Not Married And Did Not Find Out Until Our Amazing Niece Was Born. Dna Test Came Back That It Was His Child. However The Birth Certificate Was Not Modified And His Name Is Not On The Birth Certificate And He Was Told That He Doesn'T Have Any Rights To Her. But They Are Making Him Pay Child Support He Does Not Have Alot Of Money But He Can Pay Something For A Lawyer But How Does He Apply To Legal Aid Or How Can He Contact Them? We Are In The State Of Missouri? Please Help! We Are Trying To At Least Get Set Visitation And The Birth Certificate Modified! Any Help Would Be Great

Call information or look on line for attorney or lawyer referal service they should be able to refer him to free legal aid. Might also want to try the bar association, or the american civil liberties union. Good luck.

What Is A Degree Plan For Lawyer?
I Am Thinking About Going To School To Be A Lawyer, What Would Be A Degree Plan, And How Long Would I Have To Go To School To Get Buy Degree In Law? Also Would It Be Reasonable If I Begin In A Community College And Transfer? I Just Need Information About Becoming A Lawyer To See If It Is Right For Me, I F Know Anything Please Help Me Out. Thank You,

WHAT country are you in?

In the USA, to become a Lawyer, IF you go to school full-time:
1) Bachelor's degree - four years from a traditional college/university.
2) Study for LSAT. Take LSAT.
3) Law school - three MORE years.
4) Study for Bar Exam. Take Bar Exam in the state where you want to practice.
5) Pass the Character and Fitness Evaluation. Then you can practice Law.
6) You still have to take classes/seminars etc. to obtain CEUs to keep your license to practice Law. (You aren't done with "school"!)

Choosing a career is one of life's most important decisions.

The legal profession is dramatically changing and is in CRISIS!!! Every year, more and more people graduate from law school, but there are fewer and fewer jobs. Even the largest and most reputable law firms are experiencing unprecedented cutbacks. I don't expect the situation to improve in the coming years.....

Be aware of what you are proposing on getting yourself into. Please do more research first. Reminder: We are in a World-wide Recession. Consider career paths that have available JOBS.<<<<<

Warning> Jobs in the field of Law are drying up fast!! This is just not a good field to invest time and/or money into. This is a SHRINKING, crumbling, and dying vocational field. Many reasons. We now have computers. So, many people today (mistakenly) think they can do their own legal work, thanks to the Internet. Also, there are a lot of companies out there making very efficient legal software for the field of Law. Today's graduating lawyers tend to be very computer savvy, so they just do the work themselves to save themselves the cost of overhead. Also, the "Public" buys this legal software in order to get legal work done without the cost of an Attorney. Also, we simply already have way too many Legal Professionals - we have an absolute glut!! ("Legal Professionals" includes, but is not limited to: Attorneys/Lawyers, Paralegals, Legal Assistants, Legal Secretaries, Bailiffs, Court Reporters, etc, etc)

Sites like have taken away work that many small-time attorneys/lawyers would do.

The field of Law has a mystique that actually exceeds reality. The field of Law is an overrated career - mostly by television. There are many myths regarding the field of Law: working as a Lawyer is mentally challenging (Actually, most work as an attorney involves routine paperwork: research, cite checking, drafting documents, and document review. Attorneys need to write down and track every activity they do, all day long [in 6 to 15 minutes increments, depending on the billing system] - a painstaking but necessary task), being an attorney is thrilling, high-powered, and glamorous (remember: television is fiction - the fictional lawyers on TV are ACTORS - the majority of work that an attorney does, does not happen in a courtroom), law students think that because they are good at arguing they will become great attorneys (actually being a great attorney is more in one's ability to mediate between differing sides and bringing them to agreement), as a lawyer I can correct injustices (actually legal decisions are more about reaching compromises than about right vs. wrong), guaranteed financial success (actually when salaries are compared, you also need to account for cost-of living expenses [most large law firms are in large cities - the bigger the city, the more cost-of-living expenses will be], payment of debts accrued while attending law school, and time needed to build a client base. Many large law firms require lawyers to work 60-80 hours per week.).

Cost of law school to be lawyer, approx $150,000+.
Be prepared to take on a LOT of debt.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

There are no jobs in this vocational field. My family, coworkers, friends, acqaintances, etc. have been laid off left and right in this vocational field.

Employers (usually law firms) in the field of Law today want employees with degrees from traditional colleges/universities. Those "certificates" you see advertised aren't worth the paper they are printed on - they are generally scams. (I found this out the hard way.) Also, the law school's program needs to be accredited by the American Bar Association - if it isn't, you are just wasting your time/money.

Even if you finish law school, you won't be able to find a job when you are done. Since this vocational field is shrinking, many new attorneys/lawyers are, themselves, having to work "down" as Paralegals, Legal Assistants, Legal Secretaries, Bailiffs, Court Reporters, etc, etc, to simply try to keep some of their bills paid <<this would be your competition. And the competition is fierce!!

Now... the law schools know this, but they won't tell you the truth >that the job market/economy is just SATURATED with way too many Legal Professionals. Instead the schools will feed you a fairytale and will LIE to you. The root of the problem is we have too many law schools. We are in a recession, and the schools are fighting for their own survival - they will tell students anything to get to the students' money. (Which is why they won't tell you the truth about the job market for the field of Law.) And these schools continue to recruit and churn out even more graduates.............Remember: law schools are BUSINESSES - their top concern is making money for themselves.

>>>>>THE MOST IMPORTANT THING (and I can't stress this enough): You ESPECIALLY have to beware of the bogus, inflated law school salary/job stats given out by law schools!!!*****<<<<<

If you don't believe me, then just do a SEARCH here on Yahoo Answers to see what other posters are saying about the current status of the field of Law. Call some local law firms - ask to speak to the Manager of Human Resources - ask them if they are hiring; ask them what they think about job availability in the field of Law..................

In the book "So You Want to be a Lawyer?" by Marianne Calabrese and Susanne Calabrese (ISBN 0-88391-136-1): "The United States has more lawyers than any other country in the world. About 38,000 students graduate >each year< from the 200+ law schools in the United States. The competition is very keen for jobs and clients." - Even Associate Justice Antonin Scalia (who served on the U.S. Supreme Court for more than 20 years) says there are too many lawyers. (9/14/2008)

Check out these websites: http://informeddecisionmaking.blogspot.c...
(A link to a website does not constitute endorsement.)

If you want a job when you are done with your studies, consider and look into the fields of: >>>Healthcare, Information Technology, Law ENFORCEMENT, environmentalism, emergency planning, accounting, education, entertainment, utilities, home-car-commercial-industrial repairs, vice industries, clergy, and/or debt collection. I spoke to a career counselor from Jobs and Family Services, and HE told me that these areas are where the jobs are, and future job opportunities/availability....and scholarships.

Good luck.

(This is based on my current knowledge, information, belief, and life experiences. This was intended as personal opinion, and not intended to be used as legal advice. Please be careful and do your research.)