Best Ten Attorney
Attorney Logo in San Luis Obispo

Home | Main Page | Advertise With Us | Sitemap


Attorney Logo in
93401, 93402, 93403, 93405, 93406, 93407, 93408, 93409, 93410, 93412
4 Ways To Help Your Lawyer Help You When you need a legal representative at all, you need to work closely together in order to win your case. Regardless how competent they are, they're gonna need your help. Here are four important methods to help your legal team help you win: 1. Be Totally Honest Or Higher Your lawyers need and expect your complete cooperation - regardless of what information you're planning to reveal in their mind. Privilege means anything you say is stored in confidence, so don't hold anything back. Your legal team should know everything in advance - especially information one other side could discover and surprise you with later. 2. Provide Meticulous Records Keep an ongoing and factual account of all information related to your case. Whether it's witnesses or payments being made, provide your attorneys with all the data they should enable them to win. 3. Turn Up Early For Many Engagements Do not be late when you're appearing before a court and get away from wasting the attorney's time, too, because they are punctually, each and every time. Actually, because you may want to discuss very last minute details or perhaps be extra ready for the situation you're facing, it's smart to arrive early. 4. Demonstrate You Have Your Act Together If you've been involved in any sort of crime, it's important so that you can convince the legal court that you simply both regret the actions and are making strides toward increasing your life. For instance, if you're facing a DUI, volunteer for the rehab program. Be sincere and linked to the cities the judge is presiding over. Working more closely with your legal team increases your likelihood of absolute success. Follow these tips, listen closely to how you're advised and ultimately, you should win your case.

ACTIONPages is your local directory publisher. Serving markets in Arizona, California, Washington, and Canada. ACTIONPages the best local choice for cost-effective advertising.
Some of the cites we server are, California Grover Beach | Pismo Beach | Nipomo | Arroyo Grande | San Luis Obispo | SLO | Morro Bay | Los Osos Orcutt Ojai Arizona | Lake Havasu | Kingman | Bullhead | Prescott | Payson | Show Low | Snowflake | Taylor | Flagstaff Sedona | Cottonwood | Camp Verde | Williams | Washington | Skagit | Whatcom | Bellingham | Ferndale Lynden Mount Vernon | Sedro Woolley | Burlington | Oak Harbor | Anacortes | Camano Island | Stanwood | Arlington Langley Clinton | San Juan Islands | BC | Duncan | Port Alberni | Comox | Courtney | Campbell River | Parksville | Langley Maple ridge | Chilliwack | Abbotsford | Mission | Whistler | Squamish | Sunshine Coast | Terrace | Kitimat | Smithers Prince Rupert | Prince George | Williams Lake | Quesnel | Sidney | Victoria | Alberta | Red Deer | Lloydminster | Ontario | Sudbury | Sault Ste Marie | North Bay | Timmins | Muskoka | Gravenhurst | Parry Sound | Huntsville | Kingston | Belleville | Cornwall | Brockville | Dundas | Pembroke | Renfrew | Smith Falls | Cobourg

Problem With My Case Manager?(Personal Injury Case)Help?
I Have A Personal Injury Case Going On. And I Usually Call My Case Manager Once A Month To Find Out If There Has Been Anything New With The Case. Everytime I Call Him He Always Say We Are About To File Now....We Are About To File Now And I Would Call Back The Next Month And Nothing Has Been Done. He Has Been Saying This For 3-4 Months Now. Why Do You Think It Is Taking Them So Long To File? Its Not Like They Dont Know My Injuries. The Main Thing They Said They Was Waiting For Was My Surgery To Be Done. And That Has Been Done 4-5 Months Ago. Also Do You Think They Are Just Racking Up A Bill/ Expenses? What Are Some Of The Expenses I Would Pay For Besides The 33%? And I Think I Know Why He Is Ignoring My Calls And Letters Is Because They Havent Filed Yet Like They Said They Are. And Also Is The Case Manager Respond For The Filing What Is His Role In My Case?. I Live In The State Of Ny.

by Maryfran... Member since:
July 30, 2006
Total points:
2762 (Level 4) Fire them, if you can. If not, record every contact in detail, in writing. Their procrastination could compromise your case, either by allowing evidence to be lost and memories to fade, or by passing some statute of limitations.

Ask specific questions: Do you need any other paperwork? Anyone you need to interview? Who, specifically, is working my case (not just the office)? Is there anything I can do (if you are in fact able to do something)--type, acquire documents, assemble documents, hand-carry them to the courthouse, etc.? What specific things need to be done before you file? When is the statute of limitations? When do you plan to file? State that you are quite concerned over how long the process is taking--you don't want a principal defendant to retire, move, or die before it goes to court, etc.

Of course, don't be accusative, but try to nail them down as to what the problem is, what they need in order to correct it, what you can do to help, and when they intend to do it.

They may be in cahoots with the defendants, and they may simply be swamped. Maybe a key assistant moved and they can't find all the paperwork. But if your wheel doesn't squeak, they may continue to give your case short shrift.

So SQUEAK!!!!!--nicely, but do squeak!

And keep squeaking. Don't take no for an answer. If they try to make you feel like you're bothering them "too much," be apologetic, but firm: "I'm really sorry to bother you so much, but I have a lot at stake here and I'm getting really worried." And follow up. If they keep waffling, say, "I guess you are really busy. Can you recommend someone else I can take my case to who isn't so busy?" With that subtle(?) threat to take your business elsewhere, maybe they'll be spurred into action.

And take extensive notes! Who you talked to, date (and time), and as much detail as you can remember about what was said. You might even say (if they're giving you non-answers), "I'm making a note of what you're saying, but I don't quite understand your answer. Are you saying that . . . .? I need to understand your answer well enough to write it down."

Get the book, "When I Say No, I Feel Guilty," by Manuel J. Smith. It's about how to assert yourself in situations like this. It's invaluable.

My Ex-Wife Published My Ssn On The Web, What Can I Do?
Police Can'T Do Anything Unless It Results In Identity Theft. I Have Already Put A Fraud Alert Out To The Credit Agencies. I Can Not Find Her Web Host Through A Whois Lookup Either To Report Them. She Is The Admin Of The Site So That'S Out Of The Picture As Well. She Posted My Ssn, Dob, Address, Etc With A Long Falsified Hate Speech. I Don'T Know What Else To Do.

You're f'ed.

Is There Any Legal Assistance That Can Help Me In Providing An Attorney For A Criminal Defense In My Case?
I Have A Felony Charge Pending. I Would Like To Know If There Is Any Assistance That I Can Look Into To Help Me In A Court Of Law In My Case. I Have A Limited Amount Of Money. I Really Need Some Input In This Situation. Thank You, Kathleen

For people with limited funds, the usual place to seek help is the Public Defender's Office. But they will have you fill out an application form that asks for you to disclose your income, assets, etc, to be used in determining if you are eligible for their services. If not, you will have few (good) options, and will have to seek a private attorney. Don't count on pro bono attorneys for criminal defense work.

Is A Lawyer Considered A Respectable Profession?
I Am A Senior In College. I Have A Solid Gpa. I Simply Don'T Know What To Do With Myself. I'Ve Forced Myself To Take A Year Off After I Graduate To Make Sure Whatever Decision I Make Is A Good One. I'Ve Thought About Going To Med School, But Honestly I Just Don'T Have The Time. It Would Take Another Year To Get The Pre-Reqs, Plus The Four Years Of School, And Three Years Of Residency...Blah... I'M Interested In Law. I'M Just Stuck In This Common Person'S View That Lawyers Are Looked Down Upon. You May Think That Prestige Is Not Something That Should Be Seriously Factored Into A Career Decision, But All Placement Tests Place Alot Of Weight On Whether Prestige Is Something You Want, And It Is. Money Isn'T All That Important. If I Have To Rack Up Alot Of Debt To Get The Degree, Then I Want Adequate Money To Pay It Off, That'S All. In The End, Is Law A Respectable Profession, Or Are They The Counterparts Of Doctors (The Evil Branch Of Intelligent Professionals)?

Just look at all of the silly responses you already have to your question. Everyone hates on lawyers--UNTIL they need one, of course!

The few cruddy and scummy lawyers and Hollywood movies taint the image of all lawyers. There are many areas of law you can go in to and fight for the rights of individuals and causes you believe in. You don't HAVE to sell your soul to a corporate company if you don't want to.

Of course law is a respectable profession--not everyone is cut out to do it, and you can do great things if you're a really good lawyer. Where would this country be without the lawyers who took civil rights cases to the Supreme Court? The lawyers who are fighting for the rights of people locked up indefinitely in US prisons? Since there are so many areas of law you can get in to, YOU can decide if you will make your career "respectable" or not.

Must All Wills Go Through Probate Court?
I Thought This Was The Whole Idea Of A Will In The First Place, To Make Everything Plain And Simple, And So Everyone Will Know What Goes To Who. I Understand If There Is A Dispute, But If Everyone Is In Agreement With The Will, Why Have To Go Through This? A Will Is A Legal Document, That Is The Point.

Wills to not transfer legal title to property. Only court orders can do so. The will simply tells the court what the deceased's wishes were. Not all wills must be probated. If there are no assets or minimal personal property & everyone agrees to disposition things can often be taken care of without a will. Many states have abbreviated procedures for small estates. But if there is real estate; claims against the estate; possible taxes due; minor beneficiaries; charitable bequests, & the like, you have to go thru the court.

I Have A Question About How Child Support?
I Have A Friend I Am Helping With Child Support Currently We Are A Head With It But His Ex Wife Wants To Take Him Back To Court Because She Is A Bus Driver And Is Currently Not Working. I Was Just Asking Can She File Another Case Against Him. She Was Already Imputed Low Wages And His Income Has Not Changed. Should We Go Ahead And Get Anothe Lawyer. Thanks For The Help

Child Support Adjustments

You need to know that the child support guidelines are not set in stone. They are just guidelines. You can make a case for not paying so much.

1988 Public Law Record
of the Social Security Act is amended-
(1) by inserting (1) after (b):
(2) by striking, "but need not be binding upon such judges or other officials;" and
(3) by adding at the end the following new paragraph:
(4) "There shall be a REBUTTABLE presumption, in any judicial or administrative proceeding for the award of child support, that the amount of the award which would result from the application of such guidelines is the correct amount of child support to be awarded. A written finding or specific finding on the record that the application of the guidelines would be unjust or inappropriate in a particular case, as determined under criteria established the State, shall be sufficient to rebut the presumption is that case."

You need to file a motion to modify your child support. If you are current in your support, you can do this by making an official request for a modification at the child support enforcement office under the provisions of Public Law 12.

If there are arrears, contact the Clerk of the Court and request forms for filing for a modification, Pro Se.

You will need to get a copy of the child support guidelines and worksheet from child support enforcement to determine if you have cause for a reduction. There needs to be at least a 20% difference in his payment.

NEVER pay your child support directly to the mother as it can be considered a gift and not support. Always pay threw the court.

If you want to learn how to do all this go to Dads House in Yahoo Groups. When you join, you’ll receive a link to an educational manual that will teach you what you need to know. Take the time to learn what you can and should do.