Top Rated Attorney
Car Accident Lawyer in San Luis Obispo

Home | Main Page | Advertise With Us | Sitemap


Car Accident Lawyer in
93401, 93402, 93403, 93405, 93406, 93407, 93408, 93409, 93410, 93412
Finding An Experienced Lawyer Whatever your legal needs are you will find that there are countless lawyers in your neighborhood that advertise that they can concentrate on your form of case. This may make the entire process of finding one with a lot of experience a bit of a challenge. However, in the event you follow the following it will be easy to define your quest on the right one in almost no time. The initial step is to generate a selection of the lawyers which are listed in your neighborhood that specialize in your situation. When you are which makes this list you need to only include those which you have a great vibe about according to their advertisement. After that you can narrow this list down through taking a little while evaluating their site. There you should be able to find just how many years they have been practicing and several general information regarding their success rates. At this moment your list ought to have shrunken further to people which you felt had professional websites as well as an appropriate quantity of experience. You must then make time to check out independent reviews of each and every attorney. Be sure to look at the reviews rather than just relying upon their overall rating. The details from the reviews will provide you with a solid idea of the way that they connect with their customers and the length of time they invest into each case they are focusing on. Finally, you should talk with at the very least the final three lawyers which have the credentials you would like. This will provide you with time to really evaluate how interested they can be in representing you and the case. It is actually vital that you follow all of these steps to ensure that you find someone containing the correct measure of experience to get you the perfect outcome.

ACTIONPages is your local directory publisher. Serving markets in Arizona, California, Washington, and Canada. ACTIONPages the best local choice for cost-effective advertising.
Some of the cites we server are, California Grover Beach | Pismo Beach | Nipomo | Arroyo Grande | San Luis Obispo | SLO | Morro Bay | Los Osos Orcutt Ojai Arizona | Lake Havasu | Kingman | Bullhead | Prescott | Payson | Show Low | Snowflake | Taylor | Flagstaff Sedona | Cottonwood | Camp Verde | Williams | Washington | Skagit | Whatcom | Bellingham | Ferndale Lynden Mount Vernon | Sedro Woolley | Burlington | Oak Harbor | Anacortes | Camano Island | Stanwood | Arlington Langley Clinton | San Juan Islands | BC | Duncan | Port Alberni | Comox | Courtney | Campbell River | Parksville | Langley Maple ridge | Chilliwack | Abbotsford | Mission | Whistler | Squamish | Sunshine Coast | Terrace | Kitimat | Smithers Prince Rupert | Prince George | Williams Lake | Quesnel | Sidney | Victoria | Alberta | Red Deer | Lloydminster | Ontario | Sudbury | Sault Ste Marie | North Bay | Timmins | Muskoka | Gravenhurst | Parry Sound | Huntsville | Kingston | Belleville | Cornwall | Brockville | Dundas | Pembroke | Renfrew | Smith Falls | Cobourg

In Search Of A Lawyer That Will Do Pro-Bono Work For A High Profile Criminal Case. Case Is In Rock Island, Il
The Case Involves Child Endangerment Involving Two Women, One In Which Was The Mother Of The Child Who Was Badly Hurt. The Other Women Has Been Charged And Is Seeking Legal Assistance From A Lawyer Who Specializes In This Type Of Criminal Case. It Has Made The Media. And The Woman Is Currently Unemployed.

Good news, the woman may be eligible for a free public defender. The judge will probably ask her if she has a lawyer at her next court date. She should then say she cannot afford one and ask for the public defender to be appointed. The judge might just ask her a few questions about her financial situation or may ask her to fill out a form with this information (the form will be in the courtroom).

IMHO, public defenders are very good lawyers who do the best they can with few resources. You can contact the PD in Rock Island at (309) 558-3530.

If the woman does not qualify for a public defender, she will most likely have to come up with the money to pay an attorney. It's rare for attorneys to do criminal cases pro bono. She can try calling Prairie State to see if they can refer her to anyone (Prairie State does not do criminal, just civil). Their number is (309) 794-1328. She can also try the Rock Island County Bar Association to see if they can refer her. I couldn't find a number for that, but the president is Stephen Andich and his office is (309) 788-9337.

A private lawyer will probably ask for the entire fee up front. Most people borrow from family or take out a second mortage to come up with it if they don't have savings to fall back on.

Mother Passed Away And Brother Is Trying To Take Property And Bank Info From Her Home. Wants Probate Attorney.?
Less Than 24 Hours After Our Mother'S Death My Brother Was At Her Home With His Meddling Wife And They Brought Wife'S Mother Who Is An Appraiser To Appraise Home. I Was Cleaning Up After Mom And Said &Quot;No!&Quot; It Hasn'T Even Been 24 Hours Yet And You Guys Are Selling Off All Mother'S Belongings!&Quot; They Called Police On Myself And Our Two Sisters And Other Brother To Try And Get Their Way. The Police Said For Them To Leave And Take Up With Probate Attorney. What Will Happen Here? There Was No Will And The Home Is In A Reverse Mortgage And Owes 60K. Another Home Next Door Is Paid For And The Meddling Wife Wants To Sell Quickly For 25K. Please Help.

YOu need to get a probate atty, get your butt to the courthouse and get an intestate estate opened if you hope to have any impact on what will happen here.

The reverse mortgage property is technically owned by the bank pending the determination of the open reverse mortgage. You generally have the option to pay it off or the bank takes posession.

A Question About Lawyers?
I Am About To Graduate High School...I Am Interested In Becoming A Lawyer, What Do You Need To Become One? How Easy Or Hard Is It To Land A Job After College? I Have A Previous Criminal History (Misdemeanor For A Stupid Fight, Misdemeanor For Possession Of Weed, And A Misdemeanor For Trespassing And Criminal Threats) But It All Got Erased When I Turned 18. Will That Effect Me In Any Way? Is It Really Worth It To Study For A Lawyer Or Should I Choose Something Else? Because It Seems Like Every Single Job Is Over Populated

Dude - You don't become a lawyer by graduating from college. You have to go to law school for three additional years after college and pass the bar examination. If you don't know what it takes to become a lawyer by the time you graduate high school, you are somewhat behind schedule. Just keep in mind that you have to major in a useful major in college (political science, English, Philosophy, etc.), you have to do really well (at least 3.4 or 3.5 gpa), and you have to take the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) and do well on that. The legal field is really crowded right now and it is difficult to get a starting job. People who do well tend to get jobs though.

I Have A Family Law Case That Was Heard Out Of A County Neither Of Us Live In?
None Of Us Reside In Montgomery County. I Have Lived In California For A Year. He Moved To Harris County 6 Months Ago. This Started As A Protective Order From A Family Violence Case. Then Paternity The After I Moved ..It Went Into The Custody Hearing. The Issue Is ...The Texas Order Is Impossible And Inreasonable. First Of All He Is Allowed To Remove Her From Her Resident State Of California (As Stated In The Order California Is The Resident State) For 2 Weeks At His Expense. Even Though He Has A 2009 Assult And Was Recently On Probation And Had It Revoked For Breaking The Protective Order. Instead Of Jail They Gave Him The Charge Of Crimincal Mischief. He Has A Steady 23 Years Of Charges Ranging From Assults To Drugs. Then He Is To Return Her For Two Weeks..... After That I Am Ordered To Fly Her To Texas For Two Weeks, At My Ecpense And Fullfill Another Two Week Visitation To Him. I Am In School....I Am Working ..I Have A Sun In Year Round School It Is Impossible For Me To Do. I Cannot Miss More Than Two Classes Or I Will Not Get My Certifications. I Am Not Neccisarily Wanting To Exclude Him Entirely Out Of His Life, But I Don.T Think He Will Return Her. My Stipulation Is, I Donmt Want Him To Leave Her Resident State And County With Obvious Good Reason. There Is Domestic Violence Involved And He Refused Help. The Order Has Said To Give 30 Day Notice Before His First Visit And He Has Also Been Given The The Authority To Designate When I Have To Go To Texas. Regardless Of My Hardship Which I Did Tell The Judge The Judge Said &Quot; I Trust You Will Be Able To Find A Way&Quot; He Provided Notice Before The Order Was Signed...So There Was No Order When Notice Was Provided. Child Support Informed Me They Will Go From The Date The Order Was Signed, There Can Not Be A Notice, If There Was No Signed Order To Provide Notice For. Texas Says He Gave Notice In Court Prior To An Order...And Excepted It Before The Order Was Signed. California Is Enforcing The Order.. The Judge Kept Saying..&Quot; They Live In California , This Order May Not Even Stick. &Quot; As They Also Kept Reiterating The Fact We Are California Residents; As They Have Instructed Me To File For Venue. As I Do Not Have 8 Grand Retainer For A Cali Attorney, I Have Hired A Paralegal Of 25 Years To Help Me With This Case. We Are Looking For Technicalities To Help Block This Order And Keep The Child In The State Of California For Visits. She Is Not Safe Going Back In Texas With A New Conviction And A Steady Criminal Record Including Assult On Me..... I Cant Imagine Why Texas Wants To Place Such A Liability On Themselves... We Were Thinking This Case Wasnt Even Heard Out Of The Correct Court. We Are Looking For Anything To Keep The Baby Here, In The Home State... We Qualify Under The &Quot;Uccjea&Quot; But Is That Enough To Keep Her Here In Her Home State? She Is Not Even Three Years Old..

Relying on the paralegal is a very, very bad idea. Particularly in a situation like this.

Paralegals are not lawyers and they are not allowed to give legal advice. It sounds as though this paralegal is providing you with a pseudo legal representation - something that violates California laws and regulations concerning the practice of law. And, in my experience, the paralegals who engage in this type of work are not particularly good at their jobs.

If you lived in Texas before moving to California and you moved the child without the permission of the father, then Texas probably does have jurisdiction over the child. As far as the "correct county?" Did the three of you formerly live in this county before you moved to California? And you say that a paternity action was started. Was that also in this county? If so, then he has a basis to file in that county.

If your paralegal thinks that this is a basis to get the judgment tossed, your paralegal is an idiot.

Additionally, if you appeared in that county (which you apparently did) then you CONSENTED to the jurisdiction of that court. You can't unring the bell now.

My guess is that the Texas judge was irritated with you for leaving the state without the authorization of the court or the father when an action concerning the child (i.e. paternity) was ongoing. So this caused the judge to decide to put the hardship on you to facilitate visitation.

I'm sorry but you are probably not going to get the outcome you are hoping for - particularly with this paralegal.

What'S The Divorce/Custody Process In Pa?
I Was Married In Nj 1 Yr An 7Mo. Ago And We Now Currently Live In Pa. Things Are Really Rocky And I Know It Won'T Change. He Agree'S On The Divorce And We Really Dont Own Anything (We Rent, Separate Bank Accts., We Have No Debt Together) We Cant Afford Fancy Lawyers. And I Think The Only Bump In The Road Of This Process Would Be The Custody Of Our Son. I'M In Agreement Of Visitations Because My Son Has Right To Know His Father, But I Want Full Custody. Maybe This Is Wishful Thinking But I Think This Is A Mutual Agreement That Will Go Smoothly. Any Thoughts On How I Can Get Started? Will I Need A Lawyer Or Can I Do This Process On My Own?

State Divorce Laws: Pennsylvania

Residency and Filing Requirements: In order to file for a divorce in Pennsylvania, residency requirements must be met for the court to accept the case. If the court discovers it does not have jurisdictional rights to hear the case it will not be accepted or it will eventually be dismissed. The requirements are as follows:

Either spouse must be a resident of the state of Pennsylvania for at least six months prior to filing. A proceeding for divorce or annulment may be brought in the county: 1.where the defendant resides; 2.if the defendant resides outside of this Commonwealth, where the plaintiff resides; 3.of matrimonial domicile, if the plaintiff has continuously resided in the county; 4.prior to six months after the date of final separation and with agreement of the defendant, where the plaintiff resides or, if neither party continues to reside in the county of matrimonial domicile, where either party resides; or 5.after six months after the date of final separation, where either party resides. (Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes - Title 23 - Sections: 3104)

Grounds for Filing: The Complaint for Divorce must declare the appropriate Pennsylvania grounds upon which the divorce is being sought. The appropriate lawful ground will be that which the parties agree upon and can substantiate, or that which the filing spouse desires to prove to the court. The divorce grounds are as follows:

No-Fault Grounds:
Mutual consent.--The court may grant a divorce where it is alleged that the marriage is irretrievably broken and 90 days have elapsed from the date of commencement of an action under this part and an affidavit has been filed by each of the parties evidencing that each of the parties consents to the divorce.

Irretrievable breakdown.-- The court may grant a divorce where a complaint has been filed alleging that the marriage is irretrievably broken and an affidavit has been filed alleging that the parties have lived separate and apart for a period of at least two years and that the marriage is irretrievably broken.

Fault Grounds:
1.Committed willful and malicious desertion, and absence from the habitation of the injured and innocent spouse, without a reasonable cause, for the period of one or more years. 2.Committed adultery. 3.By cruel and barbarous treatment, endangered the life or health of the injured and innocent spouse. 4.Knowingly entered into a bigamous marriage while a former marriage is still subsisting. 5.Been sentenced to imprisonment for a term of two or more years upon conviction of having committed a crime. 6.Offered such indignities to the innocent and injured spouse as to render that spouse's condition intolerable and life burdensome. (Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes - Title 23 - Sections: 3301)

Counseling or Mediation Requirements: The court may order the parties to attend an orientation session to explain the mediation process. Thereafter, should the parties consent to mediation, the court may order them to mediate such issues as it may specify.

The court shall adopt local rules for the administration of the mediation program to include rules regarding qualifications of mediators, confidentiality and any other matter deemed appropriate by the court.

The court shall not order an orientation session or mediation in a case where either party or child of either party is or has been a subject of domestic violence or child abuse at any time during the pendency of an action under this part or within 24 months preceding the filing of any action under this part.

The Supreme Court shall develop model guidelines for implementation of this section and shall consult with experts on mediation and domestic violence in this Commonwealth in the development thereof. (Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes - Title 23 - Sections: 3302 and 5303)

Filing Spouse Title: Plaintiff. The Plaintiff is the spouse who initiates the filing procedure with the family law or domestic relations court.

Non-Filing Spouse Title: Defendant. The Defendant is the spouse who does not file the initial divorce papers, but rather receives them by service.

Court Name: Court of Common Pleas, __________ County, Pennsylvania. This is the Pennsylvania court where the divorce will be filed. The court will assign a case number and have jurisdictional rights to facilitate and grant the orders concerning, but not limited to: property and debt division, support, custody, and visitation. The name of the court is clearly represented at the top of all documents that are filed.

Primary Documents: Complaint for Divorce and Decree of Divorce. These are the essential documents needed to start and finalize a divorce according to Pennsylvania law. There are anywhere from ten to twenty other documents that may be required throughout the filing process. A few other documents that are typically filed during the process are: Affidavit of Verification, Domestic Relations Income and Expense Statement, Notice to File Social Security Numbers, Marital Settlement Agreement , Acknowledgement, and Praecipe to Transmit Record.

Court Clerk's Title: County Clerk's Office of the Court of Common Pleas. The clerk or the clerk's assistants will be the people managing your paperwork with the court. The clerk's office will keep the parties and the lawyers informed throughout the process in regards to additional paperwork that is needed, further requirements, and hearing dates and times.

Property Distribution: Since Pennsylvania is an "equitable distribution" state, the marital property shall be divided in an equitable fashion. Equitable does not mean equal, but rather what is fair. The court will encourage the parties to reach a settlement on property and debt issues otherwise the court will declare the property award.

In an action for divorce or annulment, the court shall, upon request of either party, equitably divide, distribute or assign, in kind or otherwise, the marital property between the parties without regard to marital misconduct in such proportions and in such manner as the court deems just after considering all relevant factors, including: 1.The length of the marriage. 2.Any prior marriage of either party 3.The age, health, station, amount and sources of income, vocational skills, employability, estate, liabilities and needs of each of the parties. 4.The contribution by one party to the education, training or increased earning power of the other party. 5.The opportunity of each party for future acquisitions of capital assets and income. 6.The sources of income of both parties, including, but not limited to, medical, retirement, insurance or other benefits. 7.The contribution or dissipation of each party in the acquisition, preservation, depreciation or appreciation of the marital property, including the contribution of a party as homemaker. 8.The value of the property set apart to each party. 9.The standard of living of the parties established during the marriage. 10.The economic circumstances of each party, including Federal, State and local tax ramifications, at the time the division of property is to become effective. 11.Whether the party will be serving as the custodian of any dependent minor children.

Lien.-The court may impose a lien or charge upon property of a party as security for the payment of alimony or any other award for the other party.

Family home.-The court may award, during the pendency of the action or otherwise, to one or both of the parties the right to reside in the marital residence.

Life insurance.-The court may direct the continued maintenance and beneficiary designations of existing policies insuring the life or health of either party which were originally purchased during the marriage and owned by or within the effective control of either party. Where it is necessary to protect the interests of a party, the court may also direct the purchase of, and beneficiary designations on, a policy insuring the life or health of either party. (Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes - Title 23 - Sections: 3501, 3502, 3505)

Spousal Support: Not all cases involve support from one spouse to the other. The obligation of one spouse to support the other financially for a temporary or permanent basis is decided on a case-by-case basis as agreed to by the parties or at the court's discretion.

Where a divorce decree has been entered, the court may allow alimony, as it deems reasonable, to either party only if it finds that alimony is necessary.

Factors relevant in determining whether alimony is necessary and in determining the nature, amount, duration and manner of payment of alimony, the court shall consider all relevant factors, including: 1.The relative earnings and earning capacities of the parties. 2.The ages and the 3.The sources of income of both parties, including, but not limited to, medical, retirement, insurance or other benefits. 4.The expectancies and inheritances of the parties. 5.The duration of the marriage. 6.The contribution by one party to the education, training or increased earning power of the other party. 7.The extent to which the earning power, expenses or financial obligations of a party will be affected by reason of serving as the custodian of a minor child. 8.The standard of living of the parties established during the marriage. 9.The relative education of the parties and the time necessary to acquire sufficient education or training to enable the party seeking alimony to find appropriate employment. 10.The relative assets and liabilities of the parties. 11.The property brought to the marriage by either party. 12.The contribution of a spouse as homemaker. 13.The relative needs of the parties. 14.The marital misconduct of either of the parties during the marriage. The marital misconduct of either of the parties from the date of final separation shall not be considered by the court in its determinations

Can Criminal Attorneys Become District Attorneys?
Or Is There A Clause That Says They Can't? Or, Is It Just A Pretty Stupid Thing To Do?

I'm assuming that you mean criminal defense attorneys becoming the politically elected district attorney.

Many assistant district attorneys (not politically elected, but hired by the DA's office) were once criminal defense attorneys, and many politically elected district attorneys were likewise defense attorneys, but the politically elected ones would do well to have prosecution experience, because otherwise it would be a good attack ad by the other side saying that you're only experience in criminal law was defending criminals and not trying to put them in jail.