Top 10
Civil Lawyers in San Luis Obispo

Home | Main Page | Advertise With Us | Sitemap


Civil Lawyers in
93401, 93402, 93403, 93405, 93406, 93407, 93408, 93409, 93410, 93412
4 Approaches To Help Your Lawyer Help You If you want a legal professional for any reason, you need to work closely together in order to win your case. Regardless of how competent they are, they're gonna need your help. Allow me to share four important strategies to help your legal team allow you to win: 1. Be Totally Honest Or Higher Your lawyers need and expect your complete cooperation - no matter what information you're going to reveal for them. Privilege means anything you say is kept in confidence, so don't hold anything back. Your legal team should know all things in advance - most especially information one other side could check out and surprise you with later. 2. Provide Meticulous Records Keep a regular and factual account of most information regarding your case. Whether it's witnesses or payments being made, provide your attorneys because of the data they have to assist them to win. 3. Turn Up Early For All Those Engagements Never be late when you're appearing before a court and get away from wasting the attorney's time, too, when you are on time, whenever. The truth is, because you may need to discuss eleventh hour details or perhaps be extra prepared for the truth you're facing, it's a smart idea to arrive early. 4. Demonstrate You Have Your Act Together If you've been involved in just about any crime, it's important to be able to convince a legal court that you simply both regret the actions and are making strides toward improving your life. By way of example, if you're facing driving under the influence, volunteer for the rehab program. Be sincere and linked to the community the judge is presiding over. Working more closely together with your legal team increases your odds of absolute success. Try these tips, listen closely to how you're advised and ultimately, you ought to win your case.

ACTIONPages is your local directory publisher. Serving markets in Arizona, California, Washington, and Canada. ACTIONPages the best local choice for cost-effective advertising.
Some of the cites we server are, California Grover Beach | Pismo Beach | Nipomo | Arroyo Grande | San Luis Obispo | SLO | Morro Bay | Los Osos Orcutt Ojai Arizona | Lake Havasu | Kingman | Bullhead | Prescott | Payson | Show Low | Snowflake | Taylor | Flagstaff Sedona | Cottonwood | Camp Verde | Williams | Washington | Skagit | Whatcom | Bellingham | Ferndale Lynden Mount Vernon | Sedro Woolley | Burlington | Oak Harbor | Anacortes | Camano Island | Stanwood | Arlington Langley Clinton | San Juan Islands | BC | Duncan | Port Alberni | Comox | Courtney | Campbell River | Parksville | Langley Maple ridge | Chilliwack | Abbotsford | Mission | Whistler | Squamish | Sunshine Coast | Terrace | Kitimat | Smithers Prince Rupert | Prince George | Williams Lake | Quesnel | Sidney | Victoria | Alberta | Red Deer | Lloydminster | Ontario | Sudbury | Sault Ste Marie | North Bay | Timmins | Muskoka | Gravenhurst | Parry Sound | Huntsville | Kingston | Belleville | Cornwall | Brockville | Dundas | Pembroke | Renfrew | Smith Falls | Cobourg

I'M Now In 8Th Sem B.E Telecom.. Want To Become Legal Advisor?
Can U Plz Tell Me What Course I Have To Take.... (Correspondence & Regular) Tell Me Course Duration.. And Job Opportunities..Fee If U Knw.. Good College Names.. And Finally Whatever U Knw About This Field... Thanks In Advance

In the USA, to become a Lawyer, IF you go to school full-time:
1) Bachelor's degree - four years from a traditional college/university.
2) Study for LSAT. Take LSAT.
3) Law school - three MORE years.
4) Study for Bar Exam. Take Bar Exam in the state where you want to practice.
5) Pass the Character and Fitness Evaluation. Then you can practice Law.
6) You still have to take additional classes/seminars/legal training etc. each year to obtain CEUs to keep your license to practice Law. (You aren't done with school!!)
7) In many states there are even laws requiring a certain percentage of your legal work to be "pro bono" (free of charge) for some charitable purpose.

Choosing a career is one of life's most important and difficult decisions. But knowing what your expectations are, and then comparing them to the realities will help you make educated decisions.

There are more attorneys than there are legal employment positions. We simply already have way too many Legal Professionals. AND the legal profession is dramatically changing: it is in absolute CRISIS! Job searching in this vocational field has changed >>DRAMATICALLY<< in the last five years. And, every year, more and more people graduate from law school, but there are fewer and fewer jobs. Even the largest and most reputable law firms are experiencing unprecedented cutbacks. I don't expect the situation to improve in the coming years.....

Be aware of what you are proposing on getting yourself into. Please do more research first. Reminder: We are STILL in a World-wide Recession. Obviously, economic conditions affect the number of jobs available. Consider career paths that have available JOBS.<< Even in a Recovery, there are some jobs that just won't return - the field of Law won't make a comeback. Too many things have changed in this vocational field.

Warning> Jobs in the field of Law are drying up fast!! This no longer is a good field to invest time and/or money into. This is a SHRINKING, crumbling, and dying vocational field. Many, many reasons: We now have computers. So, many people today (mistakenly) think they can do their own legal work, thanks to the Internet and legal books. Also, there are a lot of companies out there making very efficient legal software for the field of Law. Today's graduating lawyers tend to be very computer savvy, so they just do the work themselves to save themselves the cost of overhead - they aren't hiring legal staff. Also, the "Public" buys this legal software/law books in order to get legal work done without the expense of an Attorney. Also, we simply already have way too many Legal Professionals - we just have an absolute glut!! ("Legal Professionals" includes, but is not limited to: Attorneys/Lawyers, Paralegals, Legal Assistants, Legal Secretaries, Bailiffs, Court Reporters, etc, etc) For example: Sites like have taken away work that many small-time attorneys/lawyers would do/used to do.

The field of Law has a mystique that actually exceeds reality. The field of Law is a vastly overrated career - especially by television.<< There are many myths regarding the field of Law. Law is a more demanding profession than most people realize. It is not like what you see on TV.

Cost of law school to be lawyer, approx $150,000+. Be prepared to take on a LOT of debt, if becoming an attorney is your "true", ultimate goal!!<<< Even after paying the expensive tuition, you still need to pay for books, room and board, and miscellaneous fees.

Employers (usually law firms) in the field of Law today want employees with degrees from traditional (bricks and mortar) colleges/universities. Those "certificates" you see advertised aren't worth the paper they are printed on - they are generally scams. (>>I found this out the hard way.) Also, the law school's program needs to be accredited by the American Bar Association - if it isn't, you are just wasting your time/money.

Even if you finish law school, you won't be able to find a job when you are done. Since this vocational field is shrinking (at an alarming rate), many new attorneys/lawyers are, themselves, having to work "down" as Paralegals, Legal Assistants, Legal Secretaries, Bailiffs, Court Reporters, etc, etc, to simply try to keep some of their bills paid <<this would be your competition. And the competition is fierce in TODAY's job market!!

Now... the law schools know this, but they won't tell you the truth >that the job market/economy is just SATURATED with way too many Legal Professionals. Instead the schools will feed you a fairytale and will LIE to you. The root of the problem is we already have too many law schools. We are STILL in a Recession, and the schools are fighting for their own survival - they will tell students anything to get to the students' money. (Which is why they won't tell you the truth about the job market for the field of Law.) And these schools continue to recruit and churn out even more graduates.............Remember>>> law schools are BUSINESSES - their TOP concern is making money for themselves.

>>>>>THE #1 MOST IMPORTANT THING (and I can't stress this enough>>>): You ESPECIALLY have to beware of the BOGUS, INFLATED law school salary/job stats given out by >law schools< (AND by the U.S. Bureau of Labor)!!***<<<<<

If you don't believe me, then:
**Check out these websites: http://informeddecisionmaking.blogspot.c...
(A link to a website does not constitute endorsement.)
**do a SEARCH here on Yahoo Answers to see what other posters are saying about the current status of the field of Law. Call some local law firms - ask to speak to the Manager of Human Resources - ask them if they are hiring; ask them what they think about future job availability in the field of Law..................
**Do "informational interviews" with several attorneys from at least two or three different firms. (You can find how to do "informational interviews" from your local Public Library - ask the Librarian.) Interviewing attorneys is a time-efficient and extremely beneficial way of discovering if law is the right vocational field for you. Talk to a few Human Resource Managers who work at employers in the field of Law. Ask them what their opinion is on future jobs in this field.
**Talk to recent law graduates. Ask them what success they are having finding employment opportunities. <<<<<

If you want a JOB when you are done with your studies, consider and look into the fields of: >>>Healthcare, Information Technology, Law ENFORCEMENT, environmentalism, emergency planning, accounting, education, entertainment, utilities, home-car-commercial-industrial repairs, vice industries, clergy, and/or debt collection. I spoke to a career counselor from Jobs and Family Services, and HE told me that these areas are where the jobs are, and future job opportunities/availability....and scholarships.

There are MANY issues of working in the vocational field of Law. My answer is an attempt to give you a realistic way of looking at this career, and I have told you things that most will not tell you about the profession - at first. Be careful, do your research, and have your eyes open wide.

Good luck.

(This is based on my current knowledge, information, belief, and life experiences. This was intended as personal opinion, and not intended to be used as legal advice. Please be careful and do your research.<<< You DID ask the question here on Y/A. I am just trying to help you.)

I Have A Slip And Fall Lawsuit And My Lawyer Sent Out The Demand Letter, Now What Happens?

There will be negotiations between your lawyer and the other party. If not resolved, there will be a trail. Either way, don't expect to see any $$ for several years.

Is There A Medical Malpractice Law In The Philippines?
Medical Malpractice Law In The Philippines

There is no one law, I'm sure. Here is one for dentists.

Is It Legal To Draw A Map Using Google Maps?
Let'S Say I Was Commissioned To Create An Illustrated Map Of A Small Town. Would It Be Illegal For Me To Simply Base It Off Of Information I Find On Google Maps? I Don'T See How This Would Be Traceable, But Ethically Is It Normal? If Not, Is The Cartography Industry Kaput Thanks To Google?

Because Google Maps' data is copyrighted, it is only impossible legally to use any of their data directly in publication, e.g. printing a Google Maps image on a business flyer for directions. Since I am assuming you have seen numerous instances of this, though, it is obviously like jaywalking - technically illegal, but nobody has the time or effort to hold you responsible.
If you have a program such as Adobe Illustrator, you can trace your own new map on top of a Google Maps image (provided that you trust their publicly available data, and I would advise against that, based on my experiences). The map you draw is not subject to copyright infringement because it is your own work based on publicly available data.
Hope this helps.

Media Litigation Attorneys?
If You Are One Or Work For A Company That Practices It, I Have A Few Questions. I'M A Sophmore In America And Am Considering This For A Career. I Would Expecially Like To Work With Defamation, Breach Of Confidence And Privacy, And Contempt And Freedom Of Information. Can You Explain A Normal Day Of This Occupation? Is It More Of A &Quot;Behind-The-Desk&Quot; Lawyer And Not In Court? I Would Like To Be More Of A Researcher, But Do They Hire Media Litigation Paralegals, If That Even Exists? I Really Want To Stay In Media Law, Not Any Other Kind. What Would You Recommend For High School Courses To Take And What Kind Of Degree To Get? How Many Years Of College Would This Be? Thank You, Xxxx

I don't do this, but you do not need to take any specific high school courses for this.

You also don't need to take specific courses in college, but make sure you get a degree that you can use if you end up not going to law school. It takes 4 years to get through college (normally).

Then, you have 3 years of law school. Take electives in entertainment law.

Then, you have to pass your state's bar examination.

Most attorneys - regardless of specialization - spend the first few years doing "grunt" work - law & motion, etc. If you don't want to go to court, you don't have to.

I'm sure they hire paralegals with experience in litigation in entertainment law.

I Need To Ask Lawyer A Question?
Also Do I Need A Lawyer .....What Happens After A Arrest For Shoplifting ....47$ ..2 Earrings ..Iregret It .Iwant To Close The Door On This ..Its Not Tolerated ....Ts A Crime..Ifeel Totally Unacceptable...My ?????Is What Will Happen Before The Judge Besides The Obvious What Will He Ask Me ,Can I Ask To Get This Expunged So That My Work Applications Do Not Need To Be Involved B/C That Will Pick Up Unfortunate Issues.. I Regret It ..And Want To Close The Door On This ...I Have To Appear Before A Judge Help Is Needed...

Okay, things still can work out for you, I'm guessing from your tone this is your first offense, so it is possible avoid having it placed on your permanent record even in zero tolerance States.

It's a misdemeanor, $47.00, despite it being the law, the police will be reluctant to take it on. Having to appear before a judge tells me that, so you can likely get it settled out of court.

Its going to cost you, but overall compared to what will happen after you go to work, it's the best bargain you will ever get in your lifetime

It wouldn't hurt if you showed some remorse, I have to be honest, you didn't show any in your question. All you were worried about was what will happen to you and you even say you "feel it's unacceptable."

A change in your attitude towards the theft is what your really need -- it is also what the law will be looking for.

Specifically, remorse and lot's of it is what they will be looking for. The store may even drop the charges if you show remorse and offer to restitution.

If that doesn't work Legal Aid may be an option but not your best bet.

All in all the best thing to do now may be to hire a criminal lawyer before you call the store to show remorese and offer restitution in case there is a legal landmind in that approach.

You can ask different lawyers how much they charge, choose one and pay whatever he asks, show him a lot of remorse and have him call to have the case settled either with the store or with the State before you see the judge and before it goes on your permanent record.

If this is your first offence it's practically a slam dunk, the State doesn't want to ruin a remorsefull person's life.

If you balk at the cost, it will cost you a whole lot more later in lost potential earnings and with a recession on the horizon things are going to be tough enough.

Should you be found guilty by the judge, you can get your record expunged, but there is usually a waiting time of five years to see that if it was a one time thing for you.

So the answer to your question is you need to a) show a lot of remorse, b) hire a criminal lawyer and see if he can settle out of court in return for not having this placed on your permanent record.

If I were you I'd get another thing, a moral compass that will help you not do this type of thing again, change your friends if they are a bad infuence, go to church or if your not a believer do some volunteer work.

Even if you avoid having this put on your public record a record will be kept and they don't like it if you betray their trust and you will get the full penalty for the second offense and the seal of your first offense will be taken off and the first crime will be placed on your permanent record.

That will mean two strikes in a three strikes and your out world. I have seen it happen, three small offenses = mega jail time.

Character is destiny, Aristotle.