Top Ten
Commercial Litigation in San Luis Obispo

Home | Main Page | Advertise With Us | Sitemap


Commercial Litigation in
93401, 93402, 93403, 93405, 93406, 93407, 93408, 93409, 93410, 93412
Finding A Seasoned Lawyer Regardless of what your legal needs are you will recognize that there are countless lawyers in your town that advertise they concentrate on your type of case. This can make the entire process of finding one with a lot of experience a bit of a challenge. However, should you follow the following it will be easy to limit your quest to the right one out of very little time. The initial step is to make a list of the lawyers which are listed in the area specializing in your position. When you are making this list you must only include those that you have a good vibe about based on their advertisement. After that you can narrow this list down through taking some time evaluating their site. There you should be able to find the number of years they have been practicing and several general specifics of their success rates. At this moment your list ought to have shrunken further to people that you felt had professional websites plus an appropriate quantity of experience. You must then take the time to look up independent reviews of each and every attorney. Make sure to browse the reviews rather than relying on their overall rating. The info in the reviews provides you with a sense of how they connect to the clientele and the time they invest into each case that they are focusing on. Finally, you will need to meet up with no less than the final three lawyers who have the credentials you are interested in. This provides you with the time to really evaluate how interested they can be in representing both you and your case. It really is crucial for you to follow all of these steps to actually find someone that has the right measure of experience to help you the perfect outcome.

ACTIONPages is your local directory publisher. Serving markets in Arizona, California, Washington, and Canada. ACTIONPages the best local choice for cost-effective advertising.
Some of the cites we server are, California Grover Beach | Pismo Beach | Nipomo | Arroyo Grande | San Luis Obispo | SLO | Morro Bay | Los Osos Orcutt Ojai Arizona | Lake Havasu | Kingman | Bullhead | Prescott | Payson | Show Low | Snowflake | Taylor | Flagstaff Sedona | Cottonwood | Camp Verde | Williams | Washington | Skagit | Whatcom | Bellingham | Ferndale Lynden Mount Vernon | Sedro Woolley | Burlington | Oak Harbor | Anacortes | Camano Island | Stanwood | Arlington Langley Clinton | San Juan Islands | BC | Duncan | Port Alberni | Comox | Courtney | Campbell River | Parksville | Langley Maple ridge | Chilliwack | Abbotsford | Mission | Whistler | Squamish | Sunshine Coast | Terrace | Kitimat | Smithers Prince Rupert | Prince George | Williams Lake | Quesnel | Sidney | Victoria | Alberta | Red Deer | Lloydminster | Ontario | Sudbury | Sault Ste Marie | North Bay | Timmins | Muskoka | Gravenhurst | Parry Sound | Huntsville | Kingston | Belleville | Cornwall | Brockville | Dundas | Pembroke | Renfrew | Smith Falls | Cobourg

Bars On Private Property Laws?
Are The Cops Aloud To Come To A Bar That Is On Private Property Of 8 Aces In Il. Anytime They Want , They Have To Drive About 500 Ft. Plus On My Property On My Road To Get To My Bar

Yes, generally. Is this a business?

Do you have allodial title for the land? If you don't know then you don't.

1. you don't own the land, the county does. You only own the structure on the land.
2. Odds are liquor laws don't allow anyone to sell liquor for commercial profit without a license. If you have a license probably gives the county or State authority to enforce that law, implied consent to enter the building.
3. They made need a warrant.
4. Are you open to the public? The police are part of the public.

If this is a private non-profit bar in your home, then you are safe.

Child Custody Advice Please Help!!?
Me And My Soon To Be Ex Are Having Extreme Issues With The Verbal Arrangements That We Have Made In Regards To Our Children. We Verbally Agreed That I Get Them On Friday Afternoon When They Get Out Of School And Also During Any Breaks During School Easter,Christmas Etc... I Have Moved On And Have Somebody Else In My Life And This Is Not Sitting Well With Him Because The Kids Really Enjoy Him And We Intend On Getting Married Down The Road. I Just Started A New Job Which Requires Me To Work 3Pm-11Pm And He Will Not Let My Boyfriend Pick Them Up Out Of Spite And Says &Quot;The Kids Should Not Be With Your Boyfriend When You Are At Work&Quot; Keep In Mind My Boyfriend Treats My Kids As If They Were His Own And I Am Extremely Comfortable With Him There With Them As Are They. And He Expects Me To Give Up This Job Which Has Great Benefits And Is In The Field I Enjoy Doing To Make Him Happy When I Am Doing The Best To Provide For My Children.We Are Not Legally Divorced Yet But Have Just Begun Speaking With An Attorney. While Married We Did Not Sleep In The Same Bed For Over 5Yrs An In Pennsylvania That Is Technically Divorced Without The Judge Signing Off On It. What Can I Do To Be Able To Still Have My Kids On The Days That We Verbally Agreed On?? He Is Using The Kids As A Pawn Against Me And This Is Not Fair To The Kids.Please Give Me Advice On This Matter Its Extremely Important To Me. Thanks So Much For All Who Answered

Get a lawyer, and work out a legally-binding visitation/custody arrangement. Your ex cannot legally keep you from seeing your children and should be required to make accommodations due to your schedule. However, being one of the custodial parents, he also has the right to not release his children into the care of what is, to him, a complete stranger. He doesn't know your boyfriend, and I completely understand how he would feel uneasy about giving his kids into the care of someone he doesn't know.

With that being said, there is nothing you can do about it without taking it to court, which is why you should be getting yourself a lawyer. Until there is a court-ordered binding visitation/custody agreement, there is nothing you can really go after your ex for. You say that you aren't even divorced yet, so there is nothing, legally, you can do about it, except get a lawyer and go to court over it.

And on another note - you just got out of what you felt was a bad relationship, and not even divorced yet. Rushing into another relationship already is the wrong thing to do. You need time to heal, whether you realize it or not. Your primary focus right now should be you and your kids, not some rebound boyfriend.

What Is Wrongful Death?

Wrongful death is a claim in common law jurisdictions against a person who can be held liable for a death. The claim is brought in a civil action, usually by close relatives, as enumerated by statute. Under common law, a dead person cannot bring a suit, and this created a legal hole in which activities that resulted in a person's injury would result in civil sanction but activities that resulted in a person's death would not.
The standard of proof in the United States is typically preponderance of the evidence as opposed to clear and convincing or beyond a reasonable doubt. In Australia and the United Kingdom, it is 'on the balance of probabilities'. For this reason, it is often easier for a family to seek retribution against someone who kills a family member through tort than a criminal prosecution. It should be noted, however, that the two actions are not mutually exclusive; a person may be prosecuted criminally for causing a person's death (whether in the form of murder, manslaughter, criminally negligent homicide, or some other theory) and that person can also be sued civilly in a wrongful death action (as in the O.J. Simpson cases).
In most, if not all common law jurisdictions, there was no common law right to recover civil damages for the wrongful death of a person. However, many jurisdictions have now enacted statutes to create a right to such recovery. The issue of liability will be determined by the tort law of a given state.
See Lord Campbell's Act for the origin of wrongful death liability.
[edit]Conditions for filing wrongful death claim

The death must have been caused, in whole or in part, by the defendant's conduct, even though there was no direct intention to kill the victim. The defendant must have been deemed negligent or strictly liable for the victim's death. Also the deceased has dependent party such as family members who have suffered from emotional and monetary damages as a result of the death.

California Family Law ...Need Help.....?
When You Finalize A Divorse, And On Parent Is Awarded Sole Cusdy Of A Child Because Of An &Quot;Issue&Quot; Not Ideal For Kids, Can The Other Parent Go Back To Court And Get Kids Back? Or Change Supervised Visitation To No Supervision When The Issues Before Are Gone???? This Is A Really Important Question, And I Really Appreciate Whoever Can Answer This.....

Yes. Child custody/visitation/ and support are always modifiable. The fact that your divorce is finalized will not have an impact on the child custody/visitation issues. Also, supervised visit orders can be modified either to have supervised visits or to remove supervised visits. The only thing that is huge barrier is if there is a criminal protective order in place. If that is the case you will also have to go the criminal court to try and modify the protective order.

To change custody/visitation: Go to Judicial Council Forms of California and you can obtain all of the forms you need to start the process. Check out form 300 (It is not the only form you need but check it out because it is fairly straightforward. You will also need 310, 311, 341D (Possibly), UCCJEA 105, and 305 (For emergency orders), and 320 (Could be more but these are the usually suspects to start a change of custody/visitation order).

You will have to fill them out but there are a lot of self-help centers in California and legal aid clinics that can help you. WARNING: Don't take advice from these places. They just help you fill out the forms and it is illegal for them to give advice (Unlike myself because I am a licensed lawyer in California).

Many of the courts won't give you the forms anymore or they will sell them but you can get them for free at Judicial Council Forms of California (Just Google it and check out the "Browse All Forms" link).

Once you fill the forms out you will need to file them with the clerk. The clerk will give you a date. Make sure you take extra copies to the clerk because the clerk is going to take the original for the court's file. You should make several copies and remember at least one copy is the copy you will serve on the other side.

After you serve the completed forms (check out "proof of personal service form [I can't remember the form number]) you must return to the clerk and file the proof of service form with the court (You have to go to the clerk at least twice). Make sure you serve the other side at least 16 days before the court hearing date. Hint: Be super nice to clerks and your life gets a lot easier when you have simple questions to ask about how to correct any mistakes on the forms.

If you don't have a lot of cash then fill out the fee waiver forms (Also at Judicial Council Forms of Cal). Fill out FW1, FW2, & FW3.(you won't need all of them depending on your circumstance, such as if you have an attorney or expect to get one, but it's better to have them all then to get to the clerk's office and be turned down for not having one).

Some courts also have local forms that must be completed such as a CII form (A criminal background form to make sure that the courts are not about to give a child to a child molester or some other horrible thing).

Check your local courthouse online and browse the family law section. There is usually at least some information.

If you have an attorney he or she will do all of this for you but they are expensive. Many attorneys in California give fee consultations and I would suggest you get a couple of consultations from different attorneys. If the attorney is a "certified specialist" then they are going to be very expensive but they are also very good. I do highly recommend speaking with an attorney before you make any decision. Sometimes people put on a case only to hurt their own position and an attorney would have seen it coming from a mile away.

Finally, there are a lot of "do it yourself" books at any Barnes&Noble or Amazon books. Anything by Nolo Press is great. Make sure your book is California specific and only resort to this if you cannot afford to hire an attorney.

Good Luck! If you like this answer I would appreciate a vote for it.

Best Law School Options?
I Am Currently On Track To Graduate With A Ba In Accounting(Honors). From There I Plan To Attend Law School. I Was Thinking Of Trying To Get Into Schools Like Harvard, But Worry About Cost. Does The Law School I Choose Make A Huge Difference In Terms Of Career? With Cost In Mind Would There Be A Huge Difference Between A State University School Of Law As Opposed To An Ivy League School Like Harvard.

I graduated from Harvard Law School. When I was coming through, everyone who wanted to work in a large law firm paying top wages (which now would be $160,000/year) had multiple job offers from them. I was in the lower 40% of the class but I had job offers from those types of firms all around the country. It's still the same today, despite a much worse job market. So an HLS degree is a ticket to high-paying jobs, and even if you are terrible as a lawyer, you can bounce around from one high-paying job to others for at least around 10 years, and easily repay any law school debt. (Some people didn't want this, and they just found jobs in public interest organizations or the like, and others ended up clerking for the Supreme Court or other prestigious courts.)

Columbia U. has the best job record of any law school in the country since it's in a legal gold mine, NYC, and it's just easier for more firms to come to campus to offer jobs.

No state school even comes close to that employment track record. UVA, Berkeley and Michigan are the only state schools that have top law schools, and even significant portions of their classes don't get jobs.

Look at for the full numbers on jobs, costs, etc.

Finally, while where you go to law school matters less as the time out of law school grows (and your client base and skills matter more), going to Harvard or the like gives you a significant starting advantage in your career (and thus a significant starting advantage in growing your bank account).
But, please--comparing a typical state school to Harvard?

I Need Legal Representation, Free Or Arrangements Made?
Recently My Ex And I Agreed To Go Through The Tx Attorney General For Child Support That I Send For Our Two Older Children. I Figured In The 25% That It Would Amount To And Budgeted, Etc. The Oag Lady That Took The Case Decided To Take 65% Of My Income-Which Is Against The Law-Under A Clause. The Clause States That &Quot;If Obligor Intentionally Underworks Or Doesn'T Work At All, The Amount Can Be Based Upon A 40 Hr Wk. They Didn'T Interview Me Or Anything So They'Ve No Idea What My Intentions Are! I Need To Fight This For Two Reasons: 1) I Can'T Lose More Than Half Of My Income, And 2) For Anyone Else Who Has Had Trouble With Them. &Quot;They&Quot; Serve A Great Purpose But They Are Not Above The Law Nor Have The Right To Assume Anything And Wrongfully Take From Good Parents Who Are Truly Trying. Someone Pls Help Me

Well you have the right to disagree with the AG 's office. It is the judge who ultimately decides the proper and legal amount of support owed. I have never heard of an AG doing something this overboard. Do not sign the agreement! Insist upon taking the issue before a judge. If you have already signed it then that is a different story because then you need to get an attorney and try to modify the terms of the court order. You might also try to talk to the caseworker's supervisor.