How To Find A Top Rated Attorney
Contract Law in San Luis Obispo

Home | Main Page | Advertise With Us | Sitemap


Contract Law in
93401, 93402, 93403, 93405, 93406, 93407, 93408, 93409, 93410, 93412
Finding A Highly Skilled Lawyer Regardless of what your legal needs are you will notice that there are loads of lawyers in your town that advertise that they can focus on your form of case. This will make the process of finding one with a great deal of experience somewhat of a challenge. However, should you follow the following it is possible to restrict your quest on the right one in very little time. The first step is to generate a listing of the lawyers that are listed in the area specializing in your position. When you are which makes this list you ought to only include those that you may have a great vibe about based on their advertisement. You can then narrow this list down by using a while evaluating their internet site. There you must be able to find the number of years they have been practicing and some general specifics of their success rates. At this moment your list ought to have shrunken further to the people which you felt had professional websites along with an appropriate level of experience. You need to then make time to search for independent reviews of each attorney. Make sure to look at the reviews instead of just counting on their overall rating. The details inside the reviews gives you a solid idea of the way they connect with their customers and the time they invest into each case that they are taking care of. Finally, it is advisable to talk to no less than the past three lawyers which may have the credentials you are interested in. This provides you with the time to really evaluate how interested they are in representing you and the case. It can be vital that you follow many of these steps to actually find someone which includes the correct level of experience to help you the perfect outcome.

ACTIONPages is your local directory publisher. Serving markets in Arizona, California, Washington, and Canada. ACTIONPages the best local choice for cost-effective advertising.
Some of the cites we server are, California Grover Beach | Pismo Beach | Nipomo | Arroyo Grande | San Luis Obispo | SLO | Morro Bay | Los Osos Orcutt Ojai Arizona | Lake Havasu | Kingman | Bullhead | Prescott | Payson | Show Low | Snowflake | Taylor | Flagstaff Sedona | Cottonwood | Camp Verde | Williams | Washington | Skagit | Whatcom | Bellingham | Ferndale Lynden Mount Vernon | Sedro Woolley | Burlington | Oak Harbor | Anacortes | Camano Island | Stanwood | Arlington Langley Clinton | San Juan Islands | BC | Duncan | Port Alberni | Comox | Courtney | Campbell River | Parksville | Langley Maple ridge | Chilliwack | Abbotsford | Mission | Whistler | Squamish | Sunshine Coast | Terrace | Kitimat | Smithers Prince Rupert | Prince George | Williams Lake | Quesnel | Sidney | Victoria | Alberta | Red Deer | Lloydminster | Ontario | Sudbury | Sault Ste Marie | North Bay | Timmins | Muskoka | Gravenhurst | Parry Sound | Huntsville | Kingston | Belleville | Cornwall | Brockville | Dundas | Pembroke | Renfrew | Smith Falls | Cobourg

Who Governs Or Oversee'S Claim Insurance Attorney'S?
I Have A Car Insurance Claim That Has Been Is Process Since 2001 My Attorney Has Not Really Been Good With Keeping Me Intone With What Is Going On. We Did Settle One Part But I Believe That He Got The Most Out Of That Settlement, But Now We Are Getting Around To The Second Half Of The Claim And My Attorney Is Trying To Interrogate Me About The Accident When I Call Him. He Never Calls Me, There Was Supposed To Be A Court Date Last Week But His Office Advise That They Canceled The Court Date. I Just Would Like To Know What Steps To Take To Get All My Information From This Attorney And Bring It To Another Or What Steps To Take To Sue Him For Bad Business Practices

First thing I would do is to write your state's Commissioner of Insurance. Tell him/her everything you know about this, and your insurance and the other insurance company.

There is absolutely nothing that will get you a quicker response from an insurance company than a letter from the insurance commissioner.

The insurance commissioner has the authority to shut down any insurance company that does business within the state. And if you car insurance is with a company that also writes life and medical and property, etc. they must cease signing up new business until the commissioner is satisfied they have treated you according to their contract with you. Insurance companies do not like getting letters from the commissioner; it puts their business in jeopardy, and is a great impetus to make them treat you right.

I am wondering where your agent is in all this? Agents are not all created equal; there are good ones and lazy ones. But with a good agent, you should not even need a lawyer.

And I think you have got a shyster for a lawyer. He probably decided that the part you settled made him the most money, and he's not willing to put in the time to work for the little that's left.

And another thing. Lawyers really like to take a case where you do not pay their fee up front, and let them take a third of the settlement. Unless a claim is less than ten thousand, never let a lawyer take your case on contingency. If he wins, he takes his expenses and court costs out first, then takes a third of what's left for his fee, and you wind up with about 40% of the total award. It's better to bite the bullet and pay up front.

Employment Law - Forced Holiday?
Hiya During The Winter We Get 2 Weeks Holiday, But Due To The Bad Snow / Weather, My Boss Called 3 Days Before We Were Due To Go Back To Work And Told Us To Take Another Week Off Work. He Paid Us For This Extra Week Holiday. Now It Is Time For Our Trade Fort Night Holidays And He Is Saying We Are Only Entitled To 1 Week As We Had An Extra Week In January. To Me, This Is Unfair, We Didn'T Ask For The Holiday And We Didnt Ask To Be Paid For It. There Is Only 3 Of Us At Work, And No-One Was Out, That Was My Bosses Decision, Can He Make Us Abide By His Rule On This? We Only Allowed 1 Week? Contract Says - 2 Weeks Xmas, 1 Week Easter, 2 Weeks Summer And 3 Days September.. No Mention Of Bad Weather Etc Etc We Are A Roofing Company, If That Helps Any?

This really isn't an employment issue. This would be a contractual issue. You would have a very hard time fighting this and in the end, I can guarantee it would be more pain than what it is worth. Since he is offering you the same amount of paid time, I don't see a judge ruling in your favor despite what the contract says. You are still receiving the same paid time off. You didn't mention whether or not you disputed the bad weather paid vacation. If you have a documented dispute with your employer that states you disagreed with the extra paid week off, then you might have something. The fact that you accepted that extra week off will be construed as you agreeing to the new terms whether or not you verbally accepted it. Your act of not disputing the extra paid week off at the time will constitute acceptance of your summer week early. A contract isn't needed for that. Your boss would just need to prove that you willingly accepted the paid week with no dispute. Your lack of getting "the facts" and asking your boss how that week was going to be paid is your fault. Not your boss'. Consider it a change order, or amendment to your employment contract.

If you refuse to accept his interpretation, you can sue him, but what do you hope to gain? You technically are NOT losing anything. You are still receiving the same amount of paid days off. There is nothing to gain here. Take your one week and consider it a lesson for next winter.

Which Profession Has The Better Future A Lawyer Or An Engineer?
I Really Want To Be A Lawyer But All I Hear Is That Its Almost Impossible To Find A Job After Graduating. Money Is Really Not An Issue For Me I Could Really Care A Less. I Just Want To Know If It Will Be Ok To Go To College To Be A Lawyer Or Will It Give Me Problems In The Future As Far As Finding A Job. Or Is Engineering A Safer Thing To Do As Far As Finding A Job?


Lawyer or an engineer; Let me see, the last time I needed an engineer was… Well the last time I needed a lawyer was…

If I am an engineer, can I set my own hours of work or answer to a boss also if I don’t do a good job what can happen to me…

If I am a lawyer, I can work for a firm or by myself… One half of the people getting married today will need a lawyer tomorrow, The jailbirds need a lawyer, the people that own all those little stores and shops need them… Heck everyone needs a lawyer at one time or another; All I have to do is pass the “Bar” and I am a lawyer, I don’t even have to finish school and the engineer will need a lawyer. I get my money up-front and if I loose the case I still get to keep the money. Millions of people paid their lawyers good money and they still went to jail.

Where Do Comparative/International Lawyers Work At And What Are The Common Job Responsabilities?
I Am Interested In Knowing About The Common Job Responsibilities Of A Comparative/International Law Grad.

Jobs in the field of Law are drying up fast!! This is just not a good field to invest time and/or money into. This is a SHRINKING vocational field. Many reasons. Many people today (mistakenly) think they can do their own legal work, thanks to the Internet. Also, we simply already have way too many Legal Professionals - we have an absolute glut!! ("Legal Professionals" includes, but is not limited to: Attorneys/Lawyers, Paralegals, Legal Assistants, Legal Secretaries, Bailiffs, Court Reporters, etc, etc)

Be prepared for a lot of debt. Law school is very expensive.
Lawyer approx $150,000+.

Even if you finish law school, you won't be able to find a job when you are done. Since this vocational field is shrinking, many new attorneys/lawyers are, themselves, having to work "down" as Paralegals, Legal Assistants, Legal Secretaries, Bailiffs, Court Reporters, etc, etc, to simply try to keep some of their bills paid <<this would be your competition. And the competition is fierce!!

Now... the law schools know this, but they won't tell you the truth >that the job market/economy is just saturated with way too many Legal Professionals. Instead the schools will feed you a fairytale and will lie to you. The root of the problem is we have too many law schools. We are in a recession, and the schools are fighting for their own survival - they will tell students anything to get to the students' money. (Which is why they won't tell you the truth about the job market for the field of Law.) And these schools continue to recruit and churn out even more graduates.............

If you don't believe me, then just do a search here on Yahoo Answers to see what other posters are saying about the current status of the field of Law. Call some local law firms - ask to speak to the Manager of Human Resources - ask them if they are hiring; ask them what they think about job availability in the field of Law..................

In the book "So You Want to be a Lawyer?" by Marianne Calabrese and Susanne Calabrese (ISBN 0-88391-136-1): "The United States has more lawyers than any other country in the world. About 38,000 students graduate >each year< from the 200+ law schools in the United States. The competition is very keen for jobs and clients." - Even Associate Justice Antonin Scalia (who served on the U.s. Supreme Court for more than 20 years) says there are too many lawyers. (9/14/2008)

If you want a job when you are done with your studies, consider and look into the field of healthcare! I spoke to a career counselor from Jobs and Family Services, and HE told me that this is where the jobs are, and future job availability! and scholarships!

Good luck.

(This was intended as personal opinion, and not intended to be used as legal advice.)

What'S The Divorce/Custody Process In Pa?
I Was Married In Nj 1 Yr An 7Mo. Ago And We Now Currently Live In Pa. Things Are Really Rocky And I Know It Won'T Change. He Agree'S On The Divorce And We Really Dont Own Anything (We Rent, Separate Bank Accts., We Have No Debt Together) We Cant Afford Fancy Lawyers. And I Think The Only Bump In The Road Of This Process Would Be The Custody Of Our Son. I'M In Agreement Of Visitations Because My Son Has Right To Know His Father, But I Want Full Custody. Maybe This Is Wishful Thinking But I Think This Is A Mutual Agreement That Will Go Smoothly. Any Thoughts On How I Can Get Started? Will I Need A Lawyer Or Can I Do This Process On My Own?

State Divorce Laws: Pennsylvania

Residency and Filing Requirements: In order to file for a divorce in Pennsylvania, residency requirements must be met for the court to accept the case. If the court discovers it does not have jurisdictional rights to hear the case it will not be accepted or it will eventually be dismissed. The requirements are as follows:

Either spouse must be a resident of the state of Pennsylvania for at least six months prior to filing. A proceeding for divorce or annulment may be brought in the county: 1.where the defendant resides; 2.if the defendant resides outside of this Commonwealth, where the plaintiff resides; 3.of matrimonial domicile, if the plaintiff has continuously resided in the county; 4.prior to six months after the date of final separation and with agreement of the defendant, where the plaintiff resides or, if neither party continues to reside in the county of matrimonial domicile, where either party resides; or 5.after six months after the date of final separation, where either party resides. (Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes - Title 23 - Sections: 3104)

Grounds for Filing: The Complaint for Divorce must declare the appropriate Pennsylvania grounds upon which the divorce is being sought. The appropriate lawful ground will be that which the parties agree upon and can substantiate, or that which the filing spouse desires to prove to the court. The divorce grounds are as follows:

No-Fault Grounds:
Mutual consent.--The court may grant a divorce where it is alleged that the marriage is irretrievably broken and 90 days have elapsed from the date of commencement of an action under this part and an affidavit has been filed by each of the parties evidencing that each of the parties consents to the divorce.

Irretrievable breakdown.-- The court may grant a divorce where a complaint has been filed alleging that the marriage is irretrievably broken and an affidavit has been filed alleging that the parties have lived separate and apart for a period of at least two years and that the marriage is irretrievably broken.

Fault Grounds:
1.Committed willful and malicious desertion, and absence from the habitation of the injured and innocent spouse, without a reasonable cause, for the period of one or more years. 2.Committed adultery. 3.By cruel and barbarous treatment, endangered the life or health of the injured and innocent spouse. 4.Knowingly entered into a bigamous marriage while a former marriage is still subsisting. 5.Been sentenced to imprisonment for a term of two or more years upon conviction of having committed a crime. 6.Offered such indignities to the innocent and injured spouse as to render that spouse's condition intolerable and life burdensome. (Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes - Title 23 - Sections: 3301)

Counseling or Mediation Requirements: The court may order the parties to attend an orientation session to explain the mediation process. Thereafter, should the parties consent to mediation, the court may order them to mediate such issues as it may specify.

The court shall adopt local rules for the administration of the mediation program to include rules regarding qualifications of mediators, confidentiality and any other matter deemed appropriate by the court.

The court shall not order an orientation session or mediation in a case where either party or child of either party is or has been a subject of domestic violence or child abuse at any time during the pendency of an action under this part or within 24 months preceding the filing of any action under this part.

The Supreme Court shall develop model guidelines for implementation of this section and shall consult with experts on mediation and domestic violence in this Commonwealth in the development thereof. (Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes - Title 23 - Sections: 3302 and 5303)

Filing Spouse Title: Plaintiff. The Plaintiff is the spouse who initiates the filing procedure with the family law or domestic relations court.

Non-Filing Spouse Title: Defendant. The Defendant is the spouse who does not file the initial divorce papers, but rather receives them by service.

Court Name: Court of Common Pleas, __________ County, Pennsylvania. This is the Pennsylvania court where the divorce will be filed. The court will assign a case number and have jurisdictional rights to facilitate and grant the orders concerning, but not limited to: property and debt division, support, custody, and visitation. The name of the court is clearly represented at the top of all documents that are filed.

Primary Documents: Complaint for Divorce and Decree of Divorce. These are the essential documents needed to start and finalize a divorce according to Pennsylvania law. There are anywhere from ten to twenty other documents that may be required throughout the filing process. A few other documents that are typically filed during the process are: Affidavit of Verification, Domestic Relations Income and Expense Statement, Notice to File Social Security Numbers, Marital Settlement Agreement , Acknowledgement, and Praecipe to Transmit Record.

Court Clerk's Title: County Clerk's Office of the Court of Common Pleas. The clerk or the clerk's assistants will be the people managing your paperwork with the court. The clerk's office will keep the parties and the lawyers informed throughout the process in regards to additional paperwork that is needed, further requirements, and hearing dates and times.

Property Distribution: Since Pennsylvania is an "equitable distribution" state, the marital property shall be divided in an equitable fashion. Equitable does not mean equal, but rather what is fair. The court will encourage the parties to reach a settlement on property and debt issues otherwise the court will declare the property award.

In an action for divorce or annulment, the court shall, upon request of either party, equitably divide, distribute or assign, in kind or otherwise, the marital property between the parties without regard to marital misconduct in such proportions and in such manner as the court deems just after considering all relevant factors, including: 1.The length of the marriage. 2.Any prior marriage of either party 3.The age, health, station, amount and sources of income, vocational skills, employability, estate, liabilities and needs of each of the parties. 4.The contribution by one party to the education, training or increased earning power of the other party. 5.The opportunity of each party for future acquisitions of capital assets and income. 6.The sources of income of both parties, including, but not limited to, medical, retirement, insurance or other benefits. 7.The contribution or dissipation of each party in the acquisition, preservation, depreciation or appreciation of the marital property, including the contribution of a party as homemaker. 8.The value of the property set apart to each party. 9.The standard of living of the parties established during the marriage. 10.The economic circumstances of each party, including Federal, State and local tax ramifications, at the time the division of property is to become effective. 11.Whether the party will be serving as the custodian of any dependent minor children.

Lien.-The court may impose a lien or charge upon property of a party as security for the payment of alimony or any other award for the other party.

Family home.-The court may award, during the pendency of the action or otherwise, to one or both of the parties the right to reside in the marital residence.

Life insurance.-The court may direct the continued maintenance and beneficiary designations of existing policies insuring the life or health of either party which were originally purchased during the marriage and owned by or within the effective control of either party. Where it is necessary to protect the interests of a party, the court may also direct the purchase of, and beneficiary designations on, a policy insuring the life or health of either party. (Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes - Title 23 - Sections: 3501, 3502, 3505)

Spousal Support: Not all cases involve support from one spouse to the other. The obligation of one spouse to support the other financially for a temporary or permanent basis is decided on a case-by-case basis as agreed to by the parties or at the court's discretion.

Where a divorce decree has been entered, the court may allow alimony, as it deems reasonable, to either party only if it finds that alimony is necessary.

Factors relevant in determining whether alimony is necessary and in determining the nature, amount, duration and manner of payment of alimony, the court shall consider all relevant factors, including: 1.The relative earnings and earning capacities of the parties. 2.The ages and the 3.The sources of income of both parties, including, but not limited to, medical, retirement, insurance or other benefits. 4.The expectancies and inheritances of the parties. 5.The duration of the marriage. 6.The contribution by one party to the education, training or increased earning power of the other party. 7.The extent to which the earning power, expenses or financial obligations of a party will be affected by reason of serving as the custodian of a minor child. 8.The standard of living of the parties established during the marriage. 9.The relative education of the parties and the time necessary to acquire sufficient education or training to enable the party seeking alimony to find appropriate employment. 10.The relative assets and liabilities of the parties. 11.The property brought to the marriage by either party. 12.The contribution of a spouse as homemaker. 13.The relative needs of the parties. 14.The marital misconduct of either of the parties during the marriage. The marital misconduct of either of the parties from the date of final separation shall not be considered by the court in its determinations

Can Criminal Attorneys Become District Attorneys?
Or Is There A Clause That Says They Can't? Or, Is It Just A Pretty Stupid Thing To Do?

I'm assuming that you mean criminal defense attorneys becoming the politically elected district attorney.

Many assistant district attorneys (not politically elected, but hired by the DA's office) were once criminal defense attorneys, and many politically elected district attorneys were likewise defense attorneys, but the politically elected ones would do well to have prosecution experience, because otherwise it would be a good attack ad by the other side saying that you're only experience in criminal law was defending criminals and not trying to put them in jail.