Finding A Seasoned Lawyer Whatever your legal needs are you will notice that there are many lawyers in your area that advertise which they concentrate on your kind of case. This could make the procedure of finding one with a lot of experience a bit of a challenge. However, should you follow the tips below it will be easy to restrict your search on the right one out of almost no time. The first step is to make a set of the lawyers that are listed in your town specializing in your position. While you are which makes this list you ought to only include those you have a good vibe about based on their advertisement. You can then narrow this list down through taking a while evaluating their site. There you will be able to find the amount of years they are practicing and several general information about their success rates. At this moment your list needs to have shrunken further to those which you felt had professional websites as well as an appropriate amount of experience. You need to then take time to check out independent reviews of each and every attorney. Be sure you read the reviews rather than just relying on their overall rating. The information from the reviews will provide you with a concept of the way they interact with the clientele and the time they invest into each case that they are focusing on. Finally, it is advisable to meet up with a minimum of the last three lawyers who have the credentials you would like. This provides you with time to genuinely evaluate how interested they can be in representing you and the case. It can be vital that you follow every one of these steps to actually find someone containing the proper amount of experience to help you the very best outcome.
ACTIONPages is your local directory publisher. Serving markets in Arizona, California, Washington, and Canada. ACTIONPages the best local choice for cost-effective advertising.
Some of the cites we server are,
How Can I Get A Felony Expunged In San Francisco?
I Have A Friend That Has Felony Charges In San Francisco. I Would Like To Get Some Advice On How To Help Her Out Of This Situation.
Some felonies are not eligible to be expunged from the record. Most of these are sexual crimes and cannot be expunged from a criminal record.
The specific ones are:
Engagement in Three or More Sexual Acts with a Minor Under 14 - Penal Code 288.5
Other felonies that cannot be expunged are
Driving in excess of 100 miles per hour
Sexual Penetration of a Minor Under 14 by a Foreign Object
Lewd Act on a Child - Oral Copulation on a minor under 14 years of age Sodomy
In order to apply for an expungement hearing a person convicted of a qualifying felony must file a civil request. A criminal defense attorney would file form a PC1203.4 petition in Calfornia.
If the crime committed is eligible for expungement, there are also other criteria to be met to have a record expunged.
This criteria includes:
Probation must be complete
All restitution/fines (if applicable) must be paid
No current offense outstanding
No state prison time served
Must be one (1) year from the time of the original crime
Hope this helps
Ohio Pro Se Family Law Forms?
Anybody Have A Link To Download Forms?
Or Any Other Information On What The State Of Ohio Requires?
Not sure if this is what you are looking for...my adobe reader is not working right
You could also call the clerks office at the court and ask them :)
Momma to 5
Information About Being A Lawyer?
I'M In Year 10 At The Moment And I'M In Northern Ireland. I'Ve Been Wanting To Know About Being A Lawyer And Studying Law And All That. I Was Thinking Of Doing History, Business Studies, And Geography For Gcse. I Wanted To Do Spanish Too But I Can'T Pick A 4Th Gcse, Right?? I Don'T Really Know How It Works In A-Levels Yet Tho.
I Also Wanted To Know What Type Of Lawyer Is Best To Do? I Don'T Want To Deal With Money And Financial Things And All That, Noooo. I Find Them Abit Boring. Are There Any Types Of Lawyers Out There That Are At Least A Bit Fun To Do? I'M Not Sure On What Kind Lawyer I'D Want To Be Yet, So Don'T Say &Quot;Choose What You Like To Do&Quot; Cos I Dunno Yet Hahaha.
Also, I Wondered If You Could Study Law Here For 3 Years, Right? And Then Work In America?? Can You Do That? Because I Sort Of Find Northern Ireland A Bit Boring. There'S More To Do In America, I Think. And There Is No Way In Hell My Parents Will Let Me Go Study Law In America.
Thank You For Answering This If You Do :) Xo
Hi. I don't have the answers to all your concerns, but I would like to share for some of them.
A. About what type of lawyer is the best to do, here are some insights. Depending on specialization, there can be a lot of different types of lawyers. And because in almost everything we do, there is a law, rule or regulation involved and being observed, there can be a lot of specializations. But some of the major categories are as follows.
1) Labor lawyer - If you like to champion the interests of the workers or defend the wealth of the employers, then this is suited for you. You can also be involved in social legislation.
2) Civil lawyer - Here, you get to be involved with a lot of things: civil rights and liberties, ownership & possession rights over personal and immovable (land & buildings) properties, family and guardianship issues, obligations & contracts, succession rights, cadastral and land registration, sale and lease of properties, credit transactions, torts and damages, etc. (Civil law is very broad). If you like Civil law, then this is the one for you.
3) Criminal Lawyer - Here, you can get to visit a lot of prison cells. Most of your clients are those behind bars. This is not very profitable, but you can get a lot of media attention, especially if you client is very controversial. Some of those who ran for public office were previously well celebrated criminal lawyers if not state prosecutors. As a criminal lawyer, you are supposed to be knowledgeable with all the different crimes and penalties.
4) Corporate Lawyer - Many are saying that this is very profitable. This is the opposite of criminal lawyer, because there is not much action and public attention here - you work behind the scenes. But the work here is very serious as not to be trifled with. As a corporate lawyer, your expertise is over laws concerning merchants, corporations and business ventures, investment and banking laws, business taxation, transportation laws, laws governing negotiable instruments, insurance laws, law on mortgages, laws on inventions and intellectual property, laws regulating securities and the stock market, law on common carriers, law on sales and lease, etc. If you like these things, then corporate practice is good for you.
5) Political Lawyer - Here, your work touches more on the functions of the government and its policies. This covers election law, the organic law of the land, the administrative codes of the government including its internet policies and regulations, legislative processes and procedures, laws regulating and empowering government agencies, laws pertaining to local governments, etc. Here, you can get hired by politicians seeking your advises for their programs of government. An election lawyer is very profitable too.
6) Taxation Lawyer - the most difficult practice. Very very serious work.
B. About whether you can study law in Northern Ireland and work the U.S., that is possible BUT.... You have to understand that in the U.S., admission to the practice of law varies from State to State. There is a different requirement in each State. Many of them have very stringent rules that even require you to undergo the formal process of law education within them and then take the State Bar examination before being certified and allowed to practice law in their jurisdiction. Conversely, some of them have very relaxed rules that only require from you any letter of reference or accreditation coming from your own country's regulating agency to verify or cross-check your status. So, this basically requires some research. Here's a tip: You can start with New York and do California last :-). To jump start it, you can check out these websites:
I hope my information helps.. Regards..
Child Support Alimony?
Quick Question I Live In Pa My Bf Wife Is Taking Him To Court For Child Support Which He Of Course Have He Has No Problem Now Today She Told Him She Was Taking For Alimony, How Does This Work And Being The Fact He Only Works 3 Daysx8hrs Is This Bases On His Income Etc Just Need Some Information And What Are His Rights To All This ,, She Kicked Him Out To Move Her Bf In
Actually, limited alimony is better to pay than child support. Child support separate from alimony only became common some 40 years ago. Alimony is tax deductible, while child support is not. Also, alimony is deducted from gross earned income before child support is calculated, so less child support is ordered, and the other parent takes on a greater obligation in the support of the children. Balancing the benefits of one over the other is something to discuss with a tax accountant because after paying the alimony, you can find yourself in a lower tax bracket, as well as owing less child support.
Now, in this case, I find it unlikely that alimony will be ordered, but her attorney would have instructed her to ask for it simply to increase how much he's making on the case. More motions, more money.
He needs to join Dads House in Yahoo Groups in order to learn all his rights and how to respond properly.
What Are The Legal Laws Against Underage Sex In The State Of Florida?
Ok So I Have Been Dating This Girl For A Year And A Half. We Are In Love And Her Parents Are Very Strict. So They Didn'T Know What So Ever That We Were Having Sex. My Girlfriend Is Way To Honest And She Pretty Much Told Them. Now I Just Turned 18 And She Is 16 Almost 17. What Are The Laws Against It.. Her Dad Says If It Happens Again That He Can Have Me Arrested. ?? Help! I Gotta Know What Can I Do?
Legal laws????? as opposed to what? Illegal laws!!!! What a grand notion!
He'll do nothing. 16 is legal. If he invites you over though, go in the back yard and make sure that there is no fresh hole in the ground....
Go ahead and have sex with your girl, and ignore what people say.
I have come to the conclusion that most people that are pro chastity, pro abstinence and against premarital sex etc etc, are either impotent or cannot get any....
No Iron Clad Custody (Verbal Agreements)?
My Husband Has Shared Responsibility For His 3 Year Old Daughter. Its More Like 70-30. He Does Most Of The Buying(Clothes, Food Etc) And She Pays Daycare Every Other Week And A Few Snacks For School. She Doesnt Buy Her Daughter Any Clothes And Always Complains About Money. She Seldom Spends Time With Her And Is Always Ready To Roam The Streets. She Distances Herself From Her Family So She'S The Only One In Her Daughters Life Other Than The Fathers Family. So Everytime She Needs To Go Somewhere She Has To Call Him To Pick Her Up Or Try To Find A Way That Will Make Him Come Get Her. He Doesnt Pay Her Child Support However, He Is Really Most Responsible To Be Custodial Parent. If And When She Decides To Start Being Responsible, Can She Get Child Support Even Though He'S Been Taking Care Of Most Of Her Needs.
If and when this happens there will have to be a custody agreement and then if she gets custody yes she can get child support. If he gets custody then she will pay child support. I would recommend if you have not already. keep recipets from this day foward for everything, Don't pay cash do things that can be tracked. Because if she does this one day she can get him for back child support and they tend to believe mothers even though he has been doing this. Keep everything even the day care expenses. This will help in any future cases if there are any