Best Rated Attorney
Criminal Law Firm in San Luis Obispo

Home | Main Page | Advertise With Us | Sitemap


Criminal Law Firm in
93401, 93402, 93403, 93405, 93406, 93407, 93408, 93409, 93410, 93412
3 Ways To Know You've Picked The Best Lawyer It's pretty intimidating to go through the legal court system, particularly if lack confidence in your legal team. Listed below are three important ways to know that you've hired the proper lawyer: 1. They Concentrate On Your Type Of Case What the law states is normally tricky and this requires specialists to tackle the tough cases. When you really need an attorney, search for person who relates to the challenge you're facing. Even when a family member or friend recommends you employ a strong they understand, when they don't possess a focus that's comparable to your case, keep looking. Whenever your attorney is surely an expert, especially in the difficulty you're facing, you already know you've hired the right one. 2. The Lawyer Carries A Winning Record Based on the circumstances, it can be difficult to win an instance, specifically if the team helping you has minimal to no experience. Try to find practices which may have won numerous cases that affect yours. While this is no guarantee that you just case is going to be won, it will give you a much better shot. 3. They Listen And Respond When the attorney you've chosen takes some time to listen to your concerns and respond to your inquiries, you've probably hired the best one. Regardless how busy they are or how small your concerns seem from the perspective, it's crucial that they react to you in the caring and timely manner. From the aim of view of a regular citizen who isn't familiar with the judicial system, court cases could be pretty scary you want updates as well as feel as if you're area of the solution. Some attorneys are just a lot better to both you and your case as opposed to others. Ensure you've hired the most suitable team for the circumstances, to actually can placed the matter behind you immediately. Faith in your legal representative is the first task to winning any case.

ACTIONPages is your local directory publisher. Serving markets in Arizona, California, Washington, and Canada. ACTIONPages the best local choice for cost-effective advertising.
Some of the cites we server are, California Grover Beach | Pismo Beach | Nipomo | Arroyo Grande | San Luis Obispo | SLO | Morro Bay | Los Osos Orcutt Ojai Arizona | Lake Havasu | Kingman | Bullhead | Prescott | Payson | Show Low | Snowflake | Taylor | Flagstaff Sedona | Cottonwood | Camp Verde | Williams | Washington | Skagit | Whatcom | Bellingham | Ferndale Lynden Mount Vernon | Sedro Woolley | Burlington | Oak Harbor | Anacortes | Camano Island | Stanwood | Arlington Langley Clinton | San Juan Islands | BC | Duncan | Port Alberni | Comox | Courtney | Campbell River | Parksville | Langley Maple ridge | Chilliwack | Abbotsford | Mission | Whistler | Squamish | Sunshine Coast | Terrace | Kitimat | Smithers Prince Rupert | Prince George | Williams Lake | Quesnel | Sidney | Victoria | Alberta | Red Deer | Lloydminster | Ontario | Sudbury | Sault Ste Marie | North Bay | Timmins | Muskoka | Gravenhurst | Parry Sound | Huntsville | Kingston | Belleville | Cornwall | Brockville | Dundas | Pembroke | Renfrew | Smith Falls | Cobourg

Real Estate License Or Law School?
I'M Debating These Two Avenues. Law School Is 3 Years And Will Entail Student Loans, Delayed Income, Etc., But I Realize It Takes Time To Make Money In Real Estate, As Well. I Am A Mature Adult And Have A Bachelor'S Degree In Psychology...I'Ve Been An Insurance Agent For 15 Years And Think It'S Time To Get Out. Any Feedback?

Neither is a good vocational avenue if employment is your goal.

There are more attorneys than there are legal employment positions. We simply already have way too many Legal Professionals. AND the legal profession is dramatically changing: it is in absolute CRISIS! Job searching in this vocational field has changed >>DRAMATICALLY<< in the last five years. And, every year, more and more people graduate from law school, but there are fewer and fewer jobs. Even the largest and most reputable law firms are experiencing unprecedented cutbacks. I don't expect the situation to improve in the coming years.....

Be aware of what you are proposing on getting yourself into. Please do more research first. Reminder: We are STILL in a World-wide Recession. Obviously, economic conditions affect the number of jobs available. Consider career paths that have available JOBS.<< Even in a Recovery, there are some jobs that just won't return - the field of Law won't make a comeback. Too many things have changed in this vocational field.

Warning> Jobs in the field of Law are drying up fast!! This no longer is a good field to invest time and/or money into. This is a SHRINKING, crumbling, and dying vocational field. Many, many reasons: We now have computers. So, many people today (mistakenly) think they can do their own legal work, thanks to the Internet and legal books. Also, there are a lot of companies out there making very efficient legal software for the field of Law. Today's graduating lawyers tend to be very computer savvy, so they just do the work themselves to save themselves the cost of overhead - they aren't hiring legal staff. Also, the "Public" buys this legal software/law books in order to get legal work done without the expense of an Attorney. Also, we simply already have way too many Legal Professionals - we just have an absolute glut!! ("Legal Professionals" includes, but is not limited to: Attorneys/Lawyers, Paralegals, Legal Assistants, Legal Secretaries, Bailiffs, Court Reporters, etc, etc) For example: Sites like have taken away work that many small-time attorneys/lawyers would do/used to do.

The field of Law has a mystique that actually exceeds reality. The field of Law is a vastly overrated career - especially by television.<< There are many myths regarding the field of Law.

Law is a more demanding profession than most people realize. It is not like what you see on TV.

Cost of law school to be lawyer, approx $150,000+. Be prepared to take on a LOT of debt, if becoming an attorney is your "true", ultimate goal!!<<< Even after paying the expensive tuition, you still need to pay for books, room and board, and miscellaneous fees.

The legal profession leaves little room for outside interests. Commitment to the law profession tends to produce an unbalanced lifestyle.

Employers (usually law firms) in the field of Law today want employees with degrees from traditional colleges/universities. Those "certificates" you see advertised aren't worth the paper they are printed on - they are generally scams. (>>I found this out the hard way.) Also, the law school's program needs to be accredited by the American Bar Association - if it isn't, you are just wasting your time/money.

Even if you finish law school, you won't be able to find a job when you are done. Since this vocational field is shrinking (at an alarming rate), many new attorneys/lawyers are, themselves, having to work "down" as Paralegals, Legal Assistants, Legal Secretaries, Bailiffs, Court Reporters, etc, etc, to simply try to keep some of their bills paid. And the competition is fierce in TODAY's job market!!

Now... the law schools know this, but they won't tell you the truth >that the job market/economy is just SATURATED with way too many Legal Professionals. Instead the schools will feed you a fairytale and will LIE to you. The root of the problem is we already have too many law schools. We are STILL in a Recession, and the schools are fighting for their own survival - they will tell students anything to get to the students' money. (Which is why they won't tell you the truth about the job market for the field of Law.) And these schools continue to recruit and churn out even more graduates.............Remember>>> law schools are BUSINESSES - their TOP concern is making money for themselves.

>>>>>THE #1 MOST IMPORTANT THING (and I can't stress this enough>>>): You ESPECIALLY have to beware of the BOGUS, INFLATED law school salary/job stats given out by >law schools< (AND by the U.S. Bureau of Labor)!!***<<<<<

If you don't believe me, then:
**do a SEARCH here on Yahoo Answers to see what other posters are saying about the current status of the field of Law. Call some local law firms - ask to speak to the Manager of Human Resources - ask them if they are hiring; ask them what they think about future job availability in the field of Law..................
**Do "informational interviews" with several attorneys from at least two or three different firms. (You can find how to do "informational interviews" from your local Public Library - ask the Librarian.) Interviewing attorneys is a time-efficient and extremely beneficial way of discovering if law is the right vocational field for you. Talk to a few Human Resource Managers who work at employers in the field of Law. Ask them what their opinion is on future job availability for the field of Law. Ask them if they have any current open positions. Ask them how many resumes they receive when they advertise ONE open position. (It is ususally approximately 300 resumes are received for each open position advertised.) If you personally know a practicing lawyer, set up a time with them to do an "informational interview" to ask them about their career. Talk to many attorneys. Better yet, spend an entire day with one of them.
**Talk to recent law graduates. Ask them what success they are having finding employment opportunities. <<<

In the book "So You Want to be a Lawyer?" by Marianne Calabrese and Susanne Calabrese (ISBN 0-88391-136-1): "The United States has more lawyers than any other country in the world. About 38,000 students graduate >each year< from the 200+ law schools in the United States. The competition is very keen for jobs and clients." - Even Associate Justice Antonin Scalia (who served on the U.S. Supreme Court for more than 20 years) says there are too many lawyers. (9/14/2008)

Check out these websites: http://informeddecisionmaking.blogspot.c...
(A link to a website does not constitute endorsement.)

If you want a job when you are done with your studies, consider and look into the fields of: >>>Healthcare, Information Technology, Law ENFORCEMENT, environmentalism, emergency planning, accounting, education, entertainment, utilities, home-car-commercial-industrial repairs, vice industries, clergy, and/or debt collection. I spoke to a career counselor from Jobs and Family Services, and HE told me that these areas are where the jobs are, and future job opportunities/availability....and scholarships.

There are MANY issues of working in the vocational field of Law. My answer is an attempt to give you a realistic way of looking at this career, and I have told you things that most will not tell you about the profession - at first. Be careful, do your research, and have your eyes open wide.

Good luck.

(This is based on my current knowledge, information, belief, and life experiences. This was intended as personal opinion, and not intended to be used as legal advice. Please be careful and do your research.<<< You DID ask the question here on Y/A. I am just trying to help you.)

Should I Contact A Lawyer. . . In Regards To Medical Malpractice?
I Was 36 Weeks And 3 Days Pregnant With Hypertension Issues For Weeks Before- My Blood Pressure Was Really High At My Check Up That Day My Ob Sent Me Over To The Hospital To Be Induced. I Was Started On Cytotech And Then Pitocin And Then Back To Cytotech Then Back To Pitocin. This Started At 7 Pm On A Tuesday Night- I Finally Started To Really Show Signs Of Dialation On Thursday Morning ( I Did Not Want A C-Section And My Dr Knew That) I Eventually Had My Daughter On Friday Morning At 1:46 Am Roughly 56 Hours Of Labor. When Her Head Came Out The Cord Was Wrapped Around Her Shoulder And Neck And When The Dr. Tried To Pull It Around Her Head It Snapped- Blood Went Everywhere, He Pulled Her Shoulders Out Quickly Then Got It Clamped But She Was Purple And Not Breathing 1 Min Apgar Score Was A 2 Then By 10 Mins It Was Up To A 7 She Rebounded But Spent Some Tine In The Nicu 4 Days ( I Think It Was Alot To Do With The Hospital Covering Their Own A$$) Although She Was Jaundiced And Needed Some Time Under The Billi Lights- She Seems To Be A Healthy New Born Now But The Neonatologist Told Us That There Is No Way To Tell If There Is Any Long Term Effects Until We Reach Some Developmental Milestones To See How She Develops She Is Only 12 Days Old Now And We Are At Home- This Is My First Child And It Was A Traumatic Experience For My Husband And I. I Was Told That I Should Not Have Been Left To Labor That Long Because The Stress That It Puts On Mother Baby And The Cord- Had I Been Told That I Was Risking My Baby'S Health Or That Something Like That Could Have Happened I Would Have Had No Problems Doing What Was Best And Having The C-Section That Would Have Been Alot Easier To Have A Healthy Baby From The Very Start! I Was Only Trying To Do What I Thought Was Best And The Dr. Never Told Me That I Should Do Anything Other Than What I Was Already Doing- In My Opinion He Needed To Have Drawn A Line Somewhere And Told Me That Things Might Not Happen The Way I Wanted And For The Safety Of Myself And The Baby We Needed To Have The C-Section- I Also Had Some Problems With Delivering My Placenta And Lost Alot Of Blood Almost Enough To Need A Transfusion. Sorry So Long But Hopefully Someone Has Some Insight On This Subject

I am not a parent and do not have children. And aside from my grousing about the ineptitude of many physicians today and the medical schools in which they train, I believe that so much falls to the the institutes in which these doctors and executive administrators work.

However, what catches my attention most is the following: " Had I been told that I was risking my baby's health or that something like that could have happened I would have had no problems doing what was best and having the c-section that would have been alot easier to have a healthy baby from the very start! " There appears a communication failure first of all. I mean, was there naive deception at play here -- wherein they knew full well that they knew the apt and proper ways all the while but chose not to come forward with the truth, preferring to abide their own conveniences, -- for whatever reason?

You cannot know if this were the case, however. I suppose that 'maybe' a woman physician would have better discerned how to work with you and your husband under such emergent conditions, and who would, I think, bear greater insight on what to do. Yet, we can only speculate on that, too.

But this does appear to have been a communication lapse, in which on one hand, you did not know the questions needing asked. And the delivery teams did not share that there might be a more apt method to employ at the outset. After all, you were in labor 56 hours: that is over 2 days, in which some staff person could well have deliberated on what is best given the apparent difficulty of the labor.

We have to wonder what would be the indication if more perceptive physicians and nurses were in the field of obstetrics and neonatology; that is, should 56 hours of pain and stress be thought proper for 'anyone' to endure? When a mother and in this case a father as well do not know what path is best to take, the responsibility ultimately falls to the medical team itself to determine the best protocol -- in fact, even more.

I believe that you would do well to talk with people generally -- if your nervous systems can bear with re-living this over and over again, and you both can keep anxieties at bay. Therefore, go and talk to other mothers, talk to medical social workers and people generally; not so much as regards the legal aspects, but rather just to get more grounding and consolation, and to make better sense of this and be afforded some form of validation. Then talk to the delivery doctor himself and the delivery staff so that you can get a real human feel and insight as to just what went awry and what shall be done about this aside from the usual neonatal care.

With that you can digest what just occurred, then better discern if you and your husband should wish to proceed with litigation -- which may not entail financial compensation but rather this time round good communication in addition to comprehensive follow-throughs beyond what is the usual regarding your infant's progress, which at this point must be of paramount importance to you and your husband. Seeking financial reparation alone may well be a little too hasty at this juncture for you own sanity's sake. However, you both would be wise to have begun establishing a solid basis for all your sakes beforehand should unforeseeable complications develop.

Will Daycare Provider Give Copy Of Approved Pick Up List To Mother?
My Sister'S Going Through A Divorce, And Her Husband Placed The Kids In Daycare. She Is Not On The Approved List And He Said There Was An Open Cps Case Against Her (Not True). A G.A.L. Will Probably Be Appointed Within The Month, And We'D Like To Get The Info Ourselves Rather Than Pay The Attn To Do So. ($$) Is A Daycare Provider Likely To Comply? The Woman Running The Place Is A Former Social Worker. Yes, Asking Our Attn Is The Right Answer, But If You'Ve Gone Through A Divorce, You'Ll Know That Getting A Call Back Takes Forever And Costs $. My Sister Will Be Seeing Her On The 15Th, But The Sooner We Know, The Better.

Your sister needs to contact her attorney ASAP. If I am reading your question correctly the father is essentially denying her access to her children and if no other reason that their own safety, that needs to be fixed immediately. Waiting a month just isn't reasonable. What happens if they are sick or injured and Dad cannot be reached?

The daycare provider isn't likely to just hand over the kids' paperwork, but if you explain the situation (pending divorce, false information provided etc.) she may be able to let you know what you can provide to make sure your sister has equal access. (i.e a printout from CPS, copy of custody agreement etc.)

Unless your sister has a specific concern about an individual who may be on the pickup list (i.e Aunt Fran with a history of child abuse) there is no reason to need to see the rest of the list.

If money is a huge factor your sister may want to contact legal aid to see if there are options to help her. Divorces can be ugly, and it seems like this is one that could very well turn that way. I'd hate to see her or the children's best interests not met because she doesn't have good representation.

Good luck!

Petty Theft. What Can I Do And How Much Does A Lawyer Cost?
Hi. I Was Recently Caught Shoplifting At Kohls. The Police Came And Everything. The Price Might Have Been A Little Over $200. I Live In California And I'M 18. This Is My First Time Committing A Crime. I Have To Make A Court Date. What Can I Expect? Will I Go To Jail? How Much Will The Fine Be? I'M A First Year College Student And Dont Have Money To Pay A Fine, What Can I Do Instead?

Petty theft is a misdemeanor in California.

The maximum penalties for most first-time petty theft convictions are a fine of up to one thousand dollars ($1,000), up to six (6) months in county jail, or both.4

That said, most first-time petty theft cases in California get resolved for little or no jail time.

Legal Defense:
There are certain legal defenses that can be very helpful in fighting a California petty theft charge. A good California criminal defense attorney knows how to help you use these defenses to get your charges reduced or dismissed.

Potential legal defenses for petty theft include:

You did not intend to steal or shoplift the item,

The item actually belonged to you,

The person who owned the item consented to you taking it, and/or

You were falsely accused.

In order to help you understand the California theft crime of petty theft under Penal Code 484 & 488 PC, our California criminal defense attorneys will address the following:

The legal definition of theft by larceny is as follows:

1.You took possession of property owned by someone else;

2.You took the property without the owner's permission;

3.When you took the property, you intended either

a. to deprive the owner of it permanently, or

b. to deprive the owner of it for a period of time long enough that the owner would miss a major portion of the value or enjoyment of property; AND

4.You moved the property...even a small distance...and kept it for a period of time...even a brief one.5

How Much Does It Cost To File For Bankruptcy?
Do You Know A Good Lawyer Located In Sacramento, California?

Try to get credit counseling in your area, so you can get your life back together again. I am in debt myself and looking for options to help keep my good credit, but all the ways that reduces my debts are bad ways. The only way to keep my good credit is to PAY OF YOUR DEBT. But if you can't, you would have to hurt your credit and use bankruptcy and settlement.

Here is a site if you want more information and help to put a plan of how to pay off debt.

What Is The Importance Of Specifications In Terms Of Contractual Conditions(Legal Background)?

If you do not spec the product , the production time-line , the financial compensation and consequences of non-compliance ,
Then your contract is basically worthless and you may as well get a job bagging groceries .