The Best Ten
Family Law Attorney in San Luis Obispo

Home | Main Page | Advertise With Us | Sitemap


Family Law Attorney in
93401, 93402, 93403, 93405, 93406, 93407, 93408, 93409, 93410, 93412
Most people today do not think about acquiring a law firm till they are in desperate need. The lawful issue might possibly be personal, like family law, for a divorce or if you are searching for a bankrupcy or trust attorney. It may be a criminal condition you will need to be defended on. Firms need attorneys as well, whether or not they are being sued for discrimination, sexual harassment, or possibly unfair business tactics. Tax legal professionals are also very helpful anytime dealing with government challenges. Just like doctors, lawyers have expertise. A huge, full service law firm has numerous legal professionals with diverse areas of skills, so based on your own legal issue, you can immediately hold on to the top lawyer to fulfill your existing need without having to start your search each time you need legal assistance.It is ideal to find a legal representative you can trust. You really want one with a good record, who isstraightforward, effective, and wins cases. You need to have confidence that they will defend you thoroughly and invoice you reasonably for their services. Quite often a referral from a friend or business affiliate can be useful, nevertheless you should keep your options open and evaluate all the firms accessible, simply because when you require legal support, you need it rapidly and you desire the very best you can pay for. Thank you for hunting for a law firm with us. Your time is important, and Action Pages, at, is glad to provide specific search variables to fulfill your needs. We constantly strive to concentrate on the most popular phrases so you can right away find anything at all you are searching for.

ACTIONPages is your local directory publisher. Serving markets in Arizona, California, Washington, and Canada. ACTIONPages the best local choice for cost-effective advertising.
Some of the cites we server are, California Grover Beach | Pismo Beach | Nipomo | Arroyo Grande | San Luis Obispo | SLO | Morro Bay | Los Osos Orcutt Ojai Arizona | Lake Havasu | Kingman | Bullhead | Prescott | Payson | Show Low | Snowflake | Taylor | Flagstaff Sedona | Cottonwood | Camp Verde | Williams | Washington | Skagit | Whatcom | Bellingham | Ferndale Lynden Mount Vernon | Sedro Woolley | Burlington | Oak Harbor | Anacortes | Camano Island | Stanwood | Arlington Langley Clinton | San Juan Islands | BC | Duncan | Port Alberni | Comox | Courtney | Campbell River | Parksville | Langley Maple ridge | Chilliwack | Abbotsford | Mission | Whistler | Squamish | Sunshine Coast | Terrace | Kitimat | Smithers Prince Rupert | Prince George | Williams Lake | Quesnel | Sidney | Victoria | Alberta | Red Deer | Lloydminster | Ontario | Sudbury | Sault Ste Marie | North Bay | Timmins | Muskoka | Gravenhurst | Parry Sound | Huntsville | Kingston | Belleville | Cornwall | Brockville | Dundas | Pembroke | Renfrew | Smith Falls | Cobourg

Anyone Use Findlaw? Do You Like It?

Yes. It's an excellent source to find attorneys in an area, process servers, etc., and has a comprehensive listing of court websites.

Its research resources, however, are not as comprehensive as lexis/nexis or westlaw.

Suggestions For A Good Employment Law Attorney In Phoenix?
Hi - I Am Currently Out Of Work Due To A Mental Illness Which Has Been Magnified By How My Manager Treats Me. She Is A Trigger To My Episodes And Often Accuses Me Of Things I Have Not Done (Which Can Be Proven). She Called Me The Other Day, While I Am On Disability, To Tell Me That There Is A Rumor I Posted Something On Facebook About My Employer. (Which Is Also Not True And I Can Prove). 1. Can I File Any Charges For Harrassment Or Negligent Infliction Of Emotional Distress? 2. Is She Supposed To Be Calling Me While I Am Out? I Never Asked Her To Call (As She Is A Huge Reason I Am Not Able To Work In Those Conditions.) Thanks. I Have Been Told To Consult With An Atty, So I Was Wondering If There Were Any Suggestions? Thanks Very Much.

Forget about going to HR - HR works for the COMPANY, not the employees. Don't even waste your time - forget about HR.

Do you have money to pay for a retainer?!?

THE best way to find a lawyer is by word of mouth. Ask your: family, friends, coworkers, anyone you might know in the same situation, etc.


Call your local (usually county) bar association. Ask for names of attorneys that handle Employment Law for employEES. (If money is a BIG problem, you could also ask for the phone number of your local LegalAid office. - the attorneys at LegalAid are "real" attorneys, but sometimes in the field of Law, how much you are willing to pay does affect the quality you get.)


Go to your local Public Library. Ask the Reference Librarian for their "MARTINDALE-HUBBELL" - and/or on the computer - to find an attorney based on practice, geography, etc.


Go to the Court that is associated with your type of matter. For example, if your matter is regarding traffic law, go hang out by Traffic Court (also DUI Court). Ask attorneys that you might see there for their business cards - ask the clerks/secretaries there for names of lawyers. (DON'T make a nuisance of yourself there!)

When you call the law office(s), insist on speaking with the Lawyer. Just tell the Secretary the main idea of your matter - do not tell all the little details of your matter to the Secretary - save the details for the Attorney. When you get the Lawyer on the phone line, ask him/her:

- Do they give >>>FREE, initial consultations for the FIRST meeting? (most do, but not all - you have to ask, don't assume)
- How much do they charge (per hour)?
- Could you make payments on your account?
- Can they help you? OR Refer you to someone who can help you?

Look for another job - ASAP.

Good luck.

(This is based on my knowledge, information, belief, and life experiences. This was intended as personal opinion, and not intended to be used as legal advice. Seeking advice over the Internet is not a good idea - the field of Law is too complex for that. Please be careful and do your research.)

Forced To Drive Under The Influence?
I Live In Tennessee And Recently Had Surgery. My Surgeon Says I Am Not To Go Back To Work Until A Few More Weeks. However, The Std Insurance Says I Need To Go Back To Work Now. They Know I Take Heavy Amounts Of Pain Medication (Loritabs) While Still Recovering. Can They Say I Have To Go To Work And Drive 45 Minutes Each Way During Rush Hour Traffic Knowing That I Am Going To Be Under The Influence Of A Narcotic.

No one is forcing you to drive under the influence. They are telling you to go back to work. How you get there is up to you. If you decide to break the law in order to go back to work, then you must pay the consequences if you are caught.

There are alternatives. If you have public transportation, take that. Get a ride from someone else. Or. if the doctor still thinks you should not go back to work, look into LTD (if you have the benefit).

Do Malpractice Attorneys Disfavor A National Health System?
Seems Like It Would Mean Less Malpractice To Work Off Of. (America, Of Course)

No, but this is because they are idiots. And WOW is your premise way, way off base if you think a nationalized health care system would mean LESS malpractice.

There is far more medical malpractice in a nationalized-type health care system. (You can Google for the specific data, but, for example, take a look at how long it takes for a patient in a nationalized health care system to get an appointment for a CT-scan or an MRI or to have bypass surgery, etc.) In this country, patients would be suing for wrongful death over these kinds of delays. But in a nationalized health care system, there is no real choice. It comes down to supply and demand - and there are far and away more patients than there are doctors and medical equipment. And unless you are extremely wealthy (and can afford to pay for your doctor out of your own pocket), you are going to wait.

But the attorneys who focus on the initial flush of malpractice are very short sighted. There would INITIALLY be a big bump in malpractice causes of action, but then the doctors would have to be absorbed into the federal system. Once the doctors are federal employees (called "national doctors" in other countries), they can no longer be sued like a private citizen. Qualified immunity protects them - and patients who are treated negligently don't have any real recourse.

[I am continuing to shake my head over so many Americans steadfast belief a nationalized health care system would mean everyone would get a better/higher standard of care. It does not work that way. It cannot work that way. Look at our current federal economic crisis. Where would the money come to pay for health care? Nowhere, is exactly right. The national quality of health care would decline and there would be a six to eighteen month waiting list to have heart bypass surgery the way it is in Canada - rather than a zero to six DAY waiting period in this country. (There is a reason people from Canada come to America every day for bypass surgery - and it isn't because they WANT to pay for the surgery out of their own pockets.)]

How To Become A Corporate Lawyer In The Uk?
I Hav A Great Interest In Becoming A Corporate Lawyer After I Have Finished My Studies. But Im Not Quite Sure How I Should Go About Doing This? And Also What Is The Minimum And Maximum Wage Of A Corporate Lawyer?

Are you studying law or a non-law degree? By corporate lawyer I'm going to assume you mean a solicitor in one of the major London law firms

If you are studying law you should apply for vacations schemes in your penultimate year and then apply for a training contract at the end of that year, i.e. before your final year. If you are not studying law then you effectively do all this in your final year. Many of the firms run special vacation schemes in the Christmas holidays for non law finalists although they will probably take you on in Easter and the Summer as well, check on their websites. If you are a non-law student you'll have to apply for and complete a GDL (graduate diploma in law, alternatively titled a CPE course) which lasts a year and is an intensive law course to bring you up to speed with the law grads.

After you complete the academic phase of qualification either by a law degree or non-law + GDL you'll have to take the year long Legal Practice Course, LPC. It teaches you some of the more practical stuff. After that year you'll start your two year training contract with a law firm. During this period you'll be rotated round departments so that you get some experience and get a feel for the different practices within the firm. After your two year trainee phase you'll qualify as a solicitor into a department.

From there on your career path is less certain. If your very good, and I mean very good, you might make partner after 6-10 years. This means that you'll be one of the senior lawyers that manage and own the law firm. If you don't make partner you could carry on as an associate solicitor, move to a different firm where you might progress further or take on a role such as senior counsel or senior associate which are roles that are becoming increasingly common as a filler between the assistant/associate solicitors and the partners.

The corporate law firms are likely to be involved in these areas of law:

Corporate Law, including Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity, general advisory.

Litigation: dispute resolution, employment, arbitration, contracts.

Finance: banking law, capital markets, securitisations, debt and equity issues, fund regulations including hedge fund law.

If you get a training contract before you leave university the firm will usually pay your GDL and LPC fees and give you a maintenance grant for those years, typically £5000 - 7000 per year. If you don't get a training contract then you'll probably have to finance yourself and apply again during your LPC or GDL year. They may still give you some support if you are successful then.

As for salary, the average for the first year of a training contract is probably around £35 000. Once you're qualified this increases to £60 000-£70 000 if you're kept on. This increases each year as you gain experience. If you make partner, and as I said before this is very hard and only a handful at each firm a year get partnership, you may be a salaried partner or become an equity partner. this means you own a part of the firm and so claim a share of the profits. At the magic circle firms like Linklaters and Slaughter and May as well as a few of the other firms this can mean over a million a year. Check out www.thelawyer for profit per equity partner figures, for example Slaughter and May has a PEP of £1.12million. This is an average some of the more senior partners will make more than this some will make less. A more middle ranking firm like Eversheds will have a lower PEP, £420 000 for 2006, which though less than half of the magic circle isn't to be sniffed at.

Big American firms like Skadden Arps, Jones Day, Sidley Austin, Shearman & Sterling and Weil, Gotshal & Manges often pay more at the junior levels, particularly for newly qualified solicitors (i.e those who have just completed a two year training contract). However, you likely to have to very long hours. working weekends and leaving work near midnight may not be that rare when there is a big deal going on. It's up to you whether you think you'll cope with that and are happy with your work life balance and pay per hour.

For an overview of firms and their pay check out the inside info on city firms at Also read for more information on individual firms and also for more about the whole process. Other useful sites are and

This is not an easy career to get into. It's stressful, extremely demanding and it is very very competitive and you'll be up against very capable graduates so prepare yourself well. if you're not at university yet work hard at school to get the best grades you can. Apply to the best university you can get into as well. That means preferably Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Bristol, Durham, KCL and similar universities.

Possible Fraud With Power Of Attorney, Please Help?
My Dad Married This Woman Four Years Ago Or So. He Got A Power Of Attorney. He Said They Got One Because She Could Use His Money In Emergency Situations. Instead, This Woman Went Behind His Back Got Herself Her Own Apartment And Opened Credit Cards Up In His Name And Had Those Bills Sent To Her Apartment, So My Dad Wouldn't Find Out. Once My Dad Found Out About It, I Don't Know How, They Divorced. She Stole All This Money From Him Behind His Back And Now My Dad Has Been In Financial Trouble But Is Still Making It. My Dad Is A Banker And Says That He Decided Not To Go To Court With Her Because Of The Court Fees And The Months It Would Take To Solve The Case. Is There Anyway Around This, So My Dad Doesn't Have To Pay For A Lawyer Or Court Fees Since She Stole Most Of The Money, Even Though It Is A Power Of Attorney. He Says The Power Of Attorney Was Supposed To Be Used For Emergency Situations And He Trusted Her With It, But She Went Behind His Back. Please Explain What The Power Of Attorney Is Used For In Marriage A Little Bit Better And What Can My Dad Do About This? They Have Been Divorced For Three Years Now, But Is It Even Worth It To Try To Go To Court After All These Years?

First, as a practical matter your dad isn't going to be able to recover the money. It's been spent, and his ex-wife probably either doesn't have the money any more, or it's hidden away somewhere.

Second, you ask "I don't know why he doesn't want me to tell anyone about this situation." The reason: Because your dad knows he was suckered. He's embarrased, especially because, as a banker, he should have known better. And he probably realizes there's no way to get the money back, so he just wants to put this behind him. He was also hurt emotionally. He trusted this woman; he though he loved her. And now he realizes she was just using him. So, it's a painful lesson, but he's trying to move beyond that.

Third, you ask about a power of attorney. A power of attorney is a document that gives one person (in this case his wife) the power to act on the behalf of another person (in this case your dad). There are different versions of power of attorney. Some are "limited powers of attorney." Those are often granted for one specific function. Let's say you want to buy a house, but you're going to be out of town on the day of closing. You can grant someone you trust a "limited power of attorney" to act for you. That means they can sign the papers for you legally. It's limited because it applies only to the house purchase. It doesn't apply to, say, buying a car.

There are also general powers of attorney. And there are different ones for different needs. Someone with a parent in a nursing home might have a limited (or general) power of attorney to sign documents on behalf of the parent. The point, though, is that the power of attorney gives the holder the legal right and ability to act in place of the first person. And that's why--depending on the nature of the power of attorney--you dad may not even have a legal case against the woman.

As difficult as it may be, you really should move on. Your dad's trying to. And--as a banker--he really has a good handle on the situation. But even if he were in some other line of work--teacher, plumber, cab driver, writer, whatever--he's made a decision that he wants to move on with his life and to put this behind him. Try to be supportive. He'll really appreciate it.

Hope that helps.