Top Rated Attorney Near Me
Family Law Legal Advice in San Luis Obispo

Home | Main Page | Advertise With Us | Sitemap


Family Law Legal Advice in
93401, 93402, 93403, 93405, 93406, 93407, 93408, 93409, 93410, 93412
4 Approaches To Help Your Lawyer Allow You To When you need a lawyer for any reason, you should work closely along with them as a way to win your case. Regardless of how competent they are, they're gonna need your help. Allow me to share four important methods to help your legal team enable you to win: 1. Be Totally Honest Or Higher Your lawyers need and expect your complete cooperation - regardless of what information you're going to reveal directly to them. Privilege means everything you say is stored in confidence, so don't hold anything back. Your legal team must know everything in advance - especially information another side could discover and surprise you with later. 2. Provide Meticulous Records Keep a continuing and factual account of information pertaining to your case. Whether it's witnesses or payments being made, provide your attorneys because of the data they have to assist them to win. 3. Turn Up Early For All Engagements Not be late when you're appearing before a court and avoid wasting the attorney's time, too, when you are promptly, whenever. Actually, because you may have to discuss last minute details or even be extra ready for the truth you're facing, it's smart to arrive early. 4. Demonstrate Which You Have Your Act Together If you've been arrested for any type of crime, it's important so as to convince the legal court which you both regret the actions and so are making strides toward boosting your life. For example, if you're facing driving under the influence, volunteer for the rehab program. Be sincere and linked to the cities the judge is presiding over. Working more closely along with your legal team increases your likelihood of absolute success. Try these tips, listen closely to how you're advised and ultimately, you ought to win your case.

ACTIONPages is your local directory publisher. Serving markets in Arizona, California, Washington, and Canada. ACTIONPages the best local choice for cost-effective advertising.
Some of the cites we server are, California Grover Beach | Pismo Beach | Nipomo | Arroyo Grande | San Luis Obispo | SLO | Morro Bay | Los Osos Orcutt Ojai Arizona | Lake Havasu | Kingman | Bullhead | Prescott | Payson | Show Low | Snowflake | Taylor | Flagstaff Sedona | Cottonwood | Camp Verde | Williams | Washington | Skagit | Whatcom | Bellingham | Ferndale Lynden Mount Vernon | Sedro Woolley | Burlington | Oak Harbor | Anacortes | Camano Island | Stanwood | Arlington Langley Clinton | San Juan Islands | BC | Duncan | Port Alberni | Comox | Courtney | Campbell River | Parksville | Langley Maple ridge | Chilliwack | Abbotsford | Mission | Whistler | Squamish | Sunshine Coast | Terrace | Kitimat | Smithers Prince Rupert | Prince George | Williams Lake | Quesnel | Sidney | Victoria | Alberta | Red Deer | Lloydminster | Ontario | Sudbury | Sault Ste Marie | North Bay | Timmins | Muskoka | Gravenhurst | Parry Sound | Huntsville | Kingston | Belleville | Cornwall | Brockville | Dundas | Pembroke | Renfrew | Smith Falls | Cobourg

I Need Some Legal Advice.?
I Haven'T Seen My Bio-Mom In Like 4 Years. She Hasn'T Sent A Birthday Card, Bought Me A Christmas Present , Hasn'T Spent A Dime On Me Over The Past 4 Years. She'S Trying To Get Her Ssi But She Works. We Have Filed For Child Support But She Says She'S Trying To Get Her Ssi But She Works. She Just Lies About It. I Live With My Dad And My 2 Other Siblings. My Dad Is Retired And Gets A Disability Check. Barely Making Enough To Get By. Tax Time Comes And We Hear She Filed Me On Her Taxes. I'M So Tired Of Her Crap. I Was Wondering If I Could Take Her To Court About It And Weather It Would Be Civil Or Criminal. And If It Was Criminal What Could She Be Charged For.

It is not good to seek legal advice over the Internet.

Your situation is complicated. There are two ways you can handle it.

#1 Call your local (usually county) Child Support Enforcement Agency. Talk to a caseworker about your concerns.

#2 Get an attorney.

THE best way to find a lawyer is by word of mouth. Ask your: family, friends, coworkers, anyone you might know that might have been in the same situation, etc.


Call your local (usually county) bar association. Ask for names of attorneys that handle child support matters. (If money is a BIG problem, you could also ask for the phone number of your local LegalAid office<<< - the attorneys at LegalAid are "real" attorneys, but sometimes in the field of Law, how much you are willing to pay does affect the quality you get.)

When you call the law office(s), insist on speaking with the Lawyer. Just tell the Secretary the main idea of your matter - do not tell all the little details of your matter to the Secretary - save the details for the Attorney. When you get the Lawyer on the phone line, ask him/her:

- Do they give >>>FREE, initial consultations for the FIRST meeting? (most do, but not all - you have to ask, don't assume)
- How much do they charge (per hour)?
- Could you make payments on your account?
- Can they help you? OR Refer you to someone who can help you?

You could call your local SSA about your concerns about your mother working AND trying to collect SSI. Don't worry about this being criminal or civil. If your mother hasn't done anything wrong, then she has nothing to worry about. But if she has done something wrong, let her deal with the consequences.

Regarding your mother claiming you as an exemption on her taxes: That really is between your mother and your dad. (What do your dad's divorce papers say?) Who gets to claim the tax exemption for the child is something that is usually decided at the divorce hearing. >>BUT this can be changed!! And, considering the limited amount of what you describe here, I would encourage your dad to try to get this changed ASAP. USUALLY the Courts let the person who is paying child support claim the child as an exemption IF the child support is paid up. But every situation is different - every state is different - every county is different - every judge is different. Regarding the tax exemption, your dad may be able to have the Child Support Enforcement Agency change that for him, so start there first.

Regarding your bio-mom having little involvement in your life: I am so sorry to hear this. SHE is losing so much. You need to try to find a "substitute" mom/advisor/friend. Go to church; join the Youth Group. Go to Girl Scouts. Join some extracurricular activities at school. Don't let your bio-mom's poor decisions drag you down.

Good luck to you.

(This is based on my knowledge, information, belief, and life experiences. This was intended as personal opinion, and not intended to be used as legal advice. Seeking advice over the Internet is not a good idea - the field of Law is too complex for that. Please be careful and do your research.)

Are There Any Attorneys That Handle Divorce Crisis Through Legal Aid In Which The State Pays The Attorney Fee?
I Have An Aunt Who Is Very Sick With Diabetes. She Is Constantly Having Low Level Sugar 'Drop' And At This Time No One Is There To Really See About Her. Her Husband Used To Take Care Of Her. The Problem Now Is That He Has Found Another Woman To Be With. He Is Cheating And Wants My Aunt To Be The One To Leave. He Won'T Pay The Bills Anymore And He Won'T Come To The House When She Is There. He Took The Air Conditioner Out Of The House Which Causes Her To Have More Sick Spells Cause Of The Heat. This Man Does Not Care About Her Health Issues At All. Disability Has Been Fighting For Her Not To Receive So She Is Still In That Battle. Attorneys In Our Area Won'T Start A Case For Her Unless She Has 1500-2000 Dollars To Put Down. She Can'T Afford This And He Has Abandoned Her. What Can She Do? Her Health Is The Biggest Issue And He Is Not Helping Her At All. Please Inform Me On Who Can Help With Her Attorney Fees Until She Can Afford To Pay A Little Herself. This Man Needs To Be In Court So That He Can Be Made To Pay Those Bills And Pay Her Alimony.

Have her file a complaint with the Adult Protection unit of your state's department of Health and Welfare. He is legally obligated to support her until they divorce or one of them dies.

With Military Legal Aid?
Does It Cost Anything To Go Thru Military Legal Aid For My Husband To Adopt My Daughter From Another Marriage? I Already Know The Process And All, Just Wandering Around How Much It Would Be.

JAG doesn't cost anything, but I am unsure if they would take a family law case like that in the first place. Contact your legal office on base.

Criminal Defense Attorneys, How Do You Sleep At Night Defending Someone You Know Is Guilty Of A Heinous Crime?
Such As Raping A Little Girl

As each person is different, there are many different reasons why any group of criminal defense attorney's can do their job and sleep well at night (be 'ok with themselves')

Some of them, but not all inclusive of course:

1) They don't have high morality or ethics. In some it is this simple. They don't care,.. yes, some people just do not care - and in some cases (no pun intended) makes them better at doing their job without a 'conscious' getting in the way.

2) The money justifies their actions -- for some this is enough.

3) They delude their thinking -- in other words they rationalize and twist their own beliefs in clients that they have an enormously strong suspicion are guilty -- Just as a drug addict will continue their behavior and actually tend to develop the addiction based on rationalizing their decision to use just one more day, one more week, one more month, (I will quit tomorrow, etc) -- These people will rationalize these clients in their own minds.

4) Related to the above -- How does one REALLY know a person is guilty regardless of the evidence of the state, or what the client tells them or cannot tell them? The whole responsibility of the prosecutor is to prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt. Not just give good evidence and argument it COULD or MOST likely occurred (that the person is guilty) but that there is ZERO doubt whatsoever this person committed the precise crime they are charged with.

This can be as hard as it sounds. As a jury is supposed to make a decision based on reasonable doubt. Reasonable doubt is VERY easy to have -- the system is setup so that we are very unlikely to convict an innocent person -- so much so that we have torqued and biased it to favor the accused - in other words it is designed (in theory) that we would let 1000 guilty people get off to prevent even ONE innocent person being convicted.

So you can see how a criminal defense attorney can easily take hold of a 'reasonable doubt' in their own minds -- they are trained in post graduate law school, and have experience over the years of exactly how to CREATE reasonable doubt (their jobs) -- so it is natural to be able to justify their actions for someone who doesn't easily appear innocent to them with this sliver of possibility.

5) Competitiveness -- Simply having the desire to compete and WIN at all costs. The cost here being letting a guilty person not be prosecuted.

6) Many defense attorney's have previously been prosecutors -- And as such many become jaded with the corrupt nature of our system in general, and how the prosecutor has an unfair bias towards the plaintiff (the state) -- Prosecutors in our system are designed to still be independent of the Police officer, judge, etc -- but they are in bed with them.. they are motivated and demanded to not only prove a case beyond reasonable doubt on obviously guilty people (strong evidence) - but ALSO to pursue with all their ability and conviction/passion and effort people who have weak evidence/circumstances against them and as such are very possibly innocent. So, they become criminal defense attorney's and can sleep at night because they are now fighting 'the man', 'the system' , and ultimately on a professional crusade to screw the system.

7) Associated with number 6 -- To EVEN the score. The judicial system HEAVILY favors the State, Judge, Prosecutor, Police, and all other agents of the the state (being paid by the state) -- One big team all with ALL the resources of huge bureaucracies (The government backing them) against Joe Schmoe the single man or Jane Doe the single woman (person) without these resources or knowledge of the system OR the undeniable bias in their favor. So a criminal defense attorney is just ONE person to advocate for the common man against this monster system. Think about it.

8) The rush! To go against these odds and win.

9) Ego -- Ever seen The Devil's Advocate?

Top 10 Law Firms In The Us ?

There is no "top" because there is no agreed measure. There is not even any agreed way to measure whether one has "won" a case. You could look for the ones with the most lawyers, or the most income, or the most income per partner, or the one with lawyers licensed in the most states, but unless you know what you mean by "top' there is no way to answer.

Should Stem Cell Research Be Legal?


The debate is over the question of Public Financing of stem cell research on Human Embryos.

There are other sources of stem cells - from adults, from umbilical cord blood (which does not harm the baby). But none of these are addressed in the current debate.

THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A BAN ON RESEARCH OF ANY TYPE OF STEM CELLS - only a ban on spending PUBLIC money to kill embryos to harvest their body parts.