How To Find A Top Rated Attorney
Free Lawyer Consultation in San Luis Obispo

Home | Main Page | Advertise With Us | Sitemap


Free Lawyer Consultation in
93401, 93402, 93403, 93405, 93406, 93407, 93408, 93409, 93410, 93412
3 Ways To Know You've Picked The Best Lawyer It's pretty intimidating to pass through a legal court system, especially if you lack confidence in your legal team. Listed below are three important ways to understand that you've hired the right lawyer: 1. They Focus On Your Form Of Case Legislation is frequently tricky and that requires specialists to tackle the tough cases. When you need an attorney, look for person who relates to the matter you're facing. Even when a family member or friend recommends you utilize a good they are aware, should they don't possess a focus that's similar to your case, keep looking. As soon as your attorney is undoubtedly an expert, especially in the difficulty you're facing, you understand you've hired the correct one. 2. The Lawyer Carries A Winning Record According to the circumstances, it can be hard to win an instance, especially if the team working for you has virtually no experience. Try to find practices that have won numerous cases that pertain to yours. While this is no guarantee that you case will be won, it gives you a significantly better shot. 3. They Listen And Respond In the event the attorney you've chosen takes some time to listen for your concerns and answer your inquiries, you've probably hired the correct one. Irrespective of how busy they are or how small your concerns seem from the perspective, it's essential that they reply to you in the caring and timely manner. From the aim of look at a regular citizen who isn't knowledgeable about the judicial system, court cases may be pretty scary you need updates and to feel like you're area of the solution. Some attorneys are merely a lot better to your case than the others. Be sure you've hired the most appropriate team for the circumstances, to actually can place the matter behind you immediately. Faith inside your legal representative is the initial step to winning any case.

ACTIONPages is your local directory publisher. Serving markets in Arizona, California, Washington, and Canada. ACTIONPages the best local choice for cost-effective advertising.
Some of the cites we server are, California Grover Beach | Pismo Beach | Nipomo | Arroyo Grande | San Luis Obispo | SLO | Morro Bay | Los Osos Orcutt Ojai Arizona | Lake Havasu | Kingman | Bullhead | Prescott | Payson | Show Low | Snowflake | Taylor | Flagstaff Sedona | Cottonwood | Camp Verde | Williams | Washington | Skagit | Whatcom | Bellingham | Ferndale Lynden Mount Vernon | Sedro Woolley | Burlington | Oak Harbor | Anacortes | Camano Island | Stanwood | Arlington Langley Clinton | San Juan Islands | BC | Duncan | Port Alberni | Comox | Courtney | Campbell River | Parksville | Langley Maple ridge | Chilliwack | Abbotsford | Mission | Whistler | Squamish | Sunshine Coast | Terrace | Kitimat | Smithers Prince Rupert | Prince George | Williams Lake | Quesnel | Sidney | Victoria | Alberta | Red Deer | Lloydminster | Ontario | Sudbury | Sault Ste Marie | North Bay | Timmins | Muskoka | Gravenhurst | Parry Sound | Huntsville | Kingston | Belleville | Cornwall | Brockville | Dundas | Pembroke | Renfrew | Smith Falls | Cobourg

Florida Family Law Attorneys!! Help!?
I Have A Court Order With My Ex To Share Custody 50/50 Of Our One Year Old. He Is Constantly Dictating Every Move, And Unless I Do Exactly What He Says, Including Have Sex With Him, He Threatens Me, Calls Me Names, And Tells Me That He Will Have Her Taken Away. I Have Held A Job And Keep A Roof Over Her Head, I Don'T Do Drugs, I Keep Her Clothed. Im A Good Mother, And He Just Wont Leave Me Alone. He Told Me The Other Day That He Knows When I'M Not Home Because He Drives By At Night. He Told Me That He Was Going To Take Me Back To Court. I Called The Cops And Told Them What Was Going On, But I'M Still Scared. Seriously, What Could He Possibly Have On Me? He Is Supposed To Have Her 3 Nights A Week And Only Keeps Her One Of Those Nights, He Has Had 3 Separate Jobs Since She Was Born And Went 2 Months Without A Job At All. His Vehicle Is About To Be Reposessed, And He Keeps Two Dogs In His Garage All Day, His House Smells Horrible From Those Dogs. I'M Tired Of The Abuse! Help!

I am not a Florida attorney but being forced to have intercourse against your will is rape. Please find a licensed attorney in your area and take steps to change this entire situation.

Is your child in danger from the way the house is kept? You may be able to limit visitation or at least the overnights. Is there something going on with him that places the child at risk? For example, drugs or drinking?? An attorney can advise you on how to further proceed.

In the meantime, when you need to transfer the child, do it in a public place or a police station. Do not let him continue to take advantage of you. He does not have to come to your house and you do not have to have any discussions with him outside of things regarding the child.

Do not be intimidated by those threats. Document everything. You do not have to live in fear. You can take control of this situation by putting the needs and welfare of your child first. If you need to go back to court, do so. You don't have to wait on this bozo (oh, sorry), this gentleman to carry out these threats.

Best of luck to you.

Working Law?
Does Anyone Know The Working Law, Because Im Only 17 I Shouldnt Have To Work Until 11 I Think Its 9Pm, And I Need A Certain Amount Of Hours Between Each Shift.?

I am much older than you and have subsequently retired.
Here are some basic laws about working that helped me over the years.

1. If someone thinks enough of you to give you a job, do the best you can and don't complain. If there is sufficient work to keep you there until 11:00 and you are unwilling to do so than your employer doesn't need someone like you and should find someone else. You, in turn, should find other employment somewhere else that requires different hours.

2. If you are being paid by the hour than the more hours you work equates to more money you will be paid.

3. And finally, If and when you spend it you won't have it anymore. So choose wisely.

I hope this helps.

Difference Between Working In A Law Firm And Working As An In-House Lawyer?
How Do The Hours, Salaries, And Stress Levels Compare If You'Re Working In A Big City Like Nyc? I'M Just Interested In Corporate Law.

While working in a law firm, you MAY handle different matters - it depends on the law firm.

While working in-house, you'll probably be handling the same routine after day after day.

The field of Law has a mystique that actually exceeds reality. The field of Law is a vastly overrated career - especially by television.<< There are many myths regarding the field of Law:
**myth: guaranteed financial success (actually when salaries are compared, you also need to account for cost-of living expenses [most large law firms are in large cities - the bigger the city, the more cost-of-living expenses will be], payment of debts accrued while attending law school, and time needed to build a client base. Many large law firms require lawyers to work 60-80 hours per week. There are a FEW attorneys that earn a lot of money - but MOST attorneys just about make a living. Most attorneys do not make as much money as most people think. Also, remember: there are more attorneys than there are available jobs.).

Law is a more demanding profession than most people realize. It is not like what you see on TV.

How Much Training Is Needed To Become A Lawyer?
A Life Skills Project About What We Want To Pursue After High School. The Question Is &Quot;How Much Training Is Needed For This Occupation?&Quot; I Would Like To Be A Lawyer. I'Ve Looked Everywhere For An Answer, What Kind Of Layer Dosent Matter Thanks.

Lawyers are a dime a dozen, go medical. Heck, there is a shortage of pharmacists and their median wage is $98,000K well above lawyers. Dentists 180,000K median and there is a shortage, and of course a shortage of MDs.

From US News, Poor careers for 2006
Attorney. If starting over, 75 percent of lawyers would choose to do something else. A similar percentage would advise their children not to become lawyers. The work is often contentious, and there's pressure to be unethical. And despite the drama portrayed on TV, real lawyers spend much of their time on painstakingly detailed research. In addition, those fat-salaried law jobs go to only the top few percent of an already high-powered lot.

Many people go to law school hoping to do so-called public-interest law. (In fact, much work not officially labeled as such does serve the public interest.) What they don't teach in law school is that the competition for those jobs is intense. I know one graduate of a Top Three law school, for instance, who also edited a law journal. She applied for a low-paying job at the National Abortion Rights Action League and, despite interviewing very well, didn't get the job.

From the Associated Press, MADISON, Wis. (AP) - A lawmaker who persuaded the Assembly to eliminate all state funding for the University of Wisconsin law school says his reasoning is simple: There's too many lawyers in Wisconsin.

From an ABA study about malpractice claims, More Sole Practicioners: There appears to be an increasing trend toward sole practicioners, due partly to a lack of jobs for new lawyers, but also due to increasing dissatisfaction among experienced lawyers with traditional firms; leading to some claims which could have been avoided with better mentoring.

New Lawyers: Most insurers have noticed that many young lawyers cannot find jobs with established firms, and so are starting their own practices without supervision or mentoring. This is likely to cause an increase in malpractice claims, although the claims may be relatively small in size due to the limited nature of a new lawyers

“In a survey conducted back in 1972 by the American Bar Association, seventy percent of Americans not only didn’t have a lawyer, they didn’t know how to find one. That’s right, thirty years ago the vast majority of people didn’t have a clue on how to find a lawyer. Now it’s almost impossible not to see lawyers everywhere you turn."

Growth of Legal Sector
Lags Broader Economy; Law Schools Proliferate
For graduates of elite law schools, prospects have never been better. Big law firms this year boosted their starting salaries to as high as $160,000. But the majority of law-school graduates are suffering from a supply-and-demand imbalance that's suppressing pay and job growth. The result: Graduates who don't score at the top of their class are struggling to find well-paying jobs to make payments on law-school debts that can exceed $100,000. Some are taking temporary contract work, reviewing documents for as little as $20 an hour, without benefits. And many are blaming their law schools for failing to warn them about the dark side of the job market.

The law degree that Scott Bullock gained in 2005 from Seton Hall University -- where he says he ranked in the top third of his class -- is a "waste," he says. Some former high-school friends are earning considerably more as plumbers and electricians than the $50,000-a-year Mr. Bullock is making as a personal-injury attorney in Manhattan. To boot, he is paying off $118,000 in law-school debt.

A slack in demand appears to be part of the problem. The legal sector, after more than tripling in inflation-adjusted growth between 1970 and 1987, has grown at an average annual inflation-adjusted rate of 1.2% since 1988, or less than half as fast as the broader economy, according to Commerce Department data.

On the supply end, more lawyers are entering the work force, thanks in part to the accreditation of new law schools and an influx of applicants after the dot-com implosion earlier this decade. In the 2005-06 academic year, 43,883 Juris Doctor degrees were awarded, up from 37,909 for 2001-02, according to the American Bar Association. Universities are starting up more law schools in part for prestige but also because they are money makers. Costs are low compared with other graduate schools and classrooms can be large. Since 1995, the number of ABA-accredited schools increased by 11%, to 196.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the inflation-adjusted average income of sole practitioners has been flat since the mid-1980s. A recent survey showed that out of nearly 600 lawyers at firms of 10 lawyers or fewer in Indiana, wages for the majority only kept pace with inflation or dropped in real terms over the past five years.

Many students "simply cannot earn enough income after graduation to support the debt they incur," wrote Richard Matasar, dean of New York Law School, in 2005, concluding that, "We may be reaching the end of a golden era for law schools."

Now, debate is intensifying among law-school academics over the integrity of law schools' marketing campaigns.
David Burcham, dean of Loyola Law School in Los Angeles, considered second-tier, says the school makes no guarantees to students that they will obtain jobs.

OK, I have to interject right here. Did a dean of a law school basically say you could go through all the nonsense of getting into law school, law school, ethics exam, bar exam and you should not expect some sort of gainful employment after you are through? You might as well go to Las Vegas and put your tuition money on the rouelette table and let it ride, you may have better odds of making money than going to his school and getting a decent paying law job. This guy is a jerk.

Yet economic data suggest that prospects have grown bleaker for all but the top students, and now a number of law-school professors are calling for the distribution of more-accurate employment information. Incoming students are "mesmerized by what's happening in big firms, but clueless about what's going on in the bottom half of the profession," says Richard Sander, a law professor at the University of California-Los Angeles who has studied the legal job market.

But in law schools' self-published employment data, "private practice" doesn't necessarily mean jobs that improve long-term career prospects, for that category can include lawyers working under contract without benefits, such as Israel Meth. A 2005 graduate of Brooklyn Law School, he earns about $30 an hour as a contract attorney reviewing legal documents for big firms. He says he uses 60% of his paycheck to pay off student loans -- $100,000 for law school on top of $100,000 for the bachelor's degree he received from Columbia University. "Most people graduating from law school," he says, "are not going to be earning big salaries."

Adding to the burden for young lawyers: Tuition growth at law schools has almost tripled the rate of inflation over the past 20 years, leading to higher debt for students and making starting salaries for most graduates less manageable, especially in expensive cities. Graduates in 2006 of public and private law schools had borrowed an average of $54,509 and $83,181, up 17% and 18.6%, respectively, from the amount borrowed by 2002 graduates, according to the American Bar Association.

But just as common -- and much less publicized -- are experiences such as that of Sue Clark, who this year received her degree from second-tier Chicago-Kent College of Law, one of six law schools in the Chicago area. Despite graduating near the top half of her class, she has been unable to find a job and is doing temp work "essentially as a paralegal," she says. "A lot of people, including myself, feel frustrated about the lack of jobs," she says.

The market is particularly tough in big cities that boast numerous law schools. Mike Altmann, 29, a graduate of New York University who went to Brooklyn Law School, says he accumulated $130,000 in student-loan debt and graduated in 2002 with no meaningful employment opportunities -- one offer was a $33,000 job with no benefits. So Mr. Altmann became a contract attorney, reviewing electronic documents for big firms for around $20 to $30 an hour, and hasn't been able to find higher-paying work since.

Some new lawyers try to hang their own shingle. Matthew Fox Curl graduated in 2004 from second-tier University of Houston in the bottom quarter of his class. After months of job hunting, he took his first job working for a sole practitioner focused on personal injury in the Houston area and made $32,000 in his first year. He quickly found that tort-reform legislation has been "brutal" to Texas plaintiffs' lawyers and last year left the firm to open up his own criminal-defense private practice.

He's making less money than at his last job and has thought about moving back to his parents' house. "I didn't think three years out I'd be uninsured, thinking it's a great day when a crackhead brings me $500."

Here is an example ad in Massachusetts for an experienced attorney, that mentions salary, it was posted this week. Most jobs don't state salary in the ad cause the pay is pretty low.

Office of the District Attorney, criminal attorney, for the Bristol County District seeks staff attorney for the Appellate Division. Excellent writing skills and a passion for appellate advocacy are a must. Salary $37,500. Preference given to candidates who live in or will relocate to Bristol County.

LOL, secretaries with no college can make more. What is even more sad is there will probably be like 50-100 lawyers that send in their resume for this ad.

Here is another attorney ad. They pay 3

My Husband And I Need To Find A Really Good Yet Really Cheap Lawyer For Visitation With My Stepson. Colorado?
My Husband And His Son'S Mom Were Never Married. They Haven'T Been Together For Over 7 Years Now And He Has Been Paying Child Support Diligently. Even Giving Them Money When They Absolutely Needed It. She Has Started To Refuse Us Visitation With Him And Not Allowing My Husband To Even Talk To Him On The Phone. Nothing As Far As Visitation Has Been Set Down With The Courts. We Need Some Advice On How To Proceed From Here. Because Almost All Of Our Money Goes To His Child Support And Caring For Our Son, We Can'T Afford A Lot Either. Please Help!!

Call the bar association and see if who is next on their pro-bono list. Per the bar a lawyer has to do so many free cases. If there is a court order in place already then you can get her for contempt of court for not letting him see the child.
If there isnt one it is easy to download the papers and take her to court to get an order put into place.
Good luck..Also try DU law division. I had all this explained to me when my husband wanted to file for divorce and use lawyers which I can afford

Help.....Husband Is Violating Custody Agreement!?
What Do I Do? I'Ll Make A Log Story Short: Husband And I Have A Court Ordered Agreement Stating That If My Son Is Staying Somewhere Else Other Than His Home...That I Am To Know Beforehand. I Also Have A Right To Have Address And Name Of Person/People. Called Him Tonight, Asked Him Where Y Son Was...And He Told Me &Quot;Out Of Town&Quot; And Hung Up On Me. I Called Back, He Tells Me They Are Spending The Night. And That He Doesn'T Have To Tell Me &Quot;Shite&Quot;. I Call Back And Get Him To Repeat All Of It & Record It........! He Also Ever Brings Son Back On Time. What Can I Do? I Have No Lawyer...He Has One..Paid For By His Sorry Mama. I Think This Is A Violation Of An Order. Where Do I Go To Report? What Do I Do? Thanks A Lot. P.S. He Is Trying To Take Y Son From Me Half The Time...But He Has A Heroine And A Drinkning Problem..But.I Have No Attorney. Scared

First, get an attorney. Legal help is always the best! Yes they are expensive, but is there anyone in your family you can get to help you out? Some attorneys will take a down payment and then do payments. Your husband is in violation of the custody agreement as long as it says word for word that he has to notify you if the child shall reside somewhere else. Make sure you pay attention to the wording in the agreement.

Also, if he is doing drugs, refuses to comply with the agreement multiple times (make sure you have documentation of this, even if it's just in a journal!) then you have a case, even if you go without an attorney! And if you feel your son's life, health, or welfare is in danger at his father's house, then (if it were me, and I asked my attorney this as well for similar situations) do not give your son to him for visitation. Let your ex take you to court if he wants. Then, you can explain why you withheld visitation. ALSO contact the police to see if they can give you a case/report number. I had the fear of my ex never bringing my son back to me, so I called our local Crime Check and they said that if he hasn't returned my son to me within an hour or more, and has not contacted me and he cannot be contacted, to call them and they would give a report number that can be used in court. And then to call the police afterwards.

This is your child you are fighting for. Don't be afraid to be bold, but be smart about it. Make sure you have documentation, written or recorded. Also make sure you know the local laws of using a recording in the court room. In WA state, a recording CAN be thrown out for evidence if the other party was not notified that they are being recorded and there is no permission given But in your case it could help you as well. If you have a journal of each date/time that you have run into issues with your husband, that can be useful too. Hope this helps and my prayers and thoughts are with you.