Top Ten
Get Law in San Luis Obispo

Home | Main Page | Advertise With Us | Sitemap


Get Law in
93401, 93402, 93403, 93405, 93406, 93407, 93408, 93409, 93410, 93412
Finding A Skilled Lawyer Whatever your legal needs are you will recognize that there are numerous lawyers in your town that advertise which they specialize in your type of case. This will make the entire process of finding one with significant amounts of experience a bit of a challenge. However, when you follow the tips below it is possible to define your quest off to the right one out of very little time. The first step is to make a listing of the lawyers which are listed in the area specializing in your position. When you are making this list you ought to only include those you have an effective vibe about based on their advertisement. Then you can narrow this list down if you take a little while evaluating their internet site. There you will be able to find just how many years they have been practicing and some general specifics of their success rates. At this time your list needs to have shrunken further to those which you felt had professional websites as well as an appropriate volume of experience. You should then make time to check out independent reviews for each attorney. Make sure you look at the reviews instead of just counting on their overall rating. The information from the reviews gives you an idea of the way they interact with the clientele and how much time they invest into each case they are focusing on. Finally, you should meet up with no less than the very last three lawyers which may have the credentials you are interested in. This provides you with enough time to genuinely evaluate how interested they can be in representing your case. It is actually vital that you follow many of these steps to actually find someone which has the correct amount of experience to help you the perfect outcome.

ACTIONPages is your local directory publisher. Serving markets in Arizona, California, Washington, and Canada. ACTIONPages the best local choice for cost-effective advertising.
Some of the cites we server are, California Grover Beach | Pismo Beach | Nipomo | Arroyo Grande | San Luis Obispo | SLO | Morro Bay | Los Osos Orcutt Ojai Arizona | Lake Havasu | Kingman | Bullhead | Prescott | Payson | Show Low | Snowflake | Taylor | Flagstaff Sedona | Cottonwood | Camp Verde | Williams | Washington | Skagit | Whatcom | Bellingham | Ferndale Lynden Mount Vernon | Sedro Woolley | Burlington | Oak Harbor | Anacortes | Camano Island | Stanwood | Arlington Langley Clinton | San Juan Islands | BC | Duncan | Port Alberni | Comox | Courtney | Campbell River | Parksville | Langley Maple ridge | Chilliwack | Abbotsford | Mission | Whistler | Squamish | Sunshine Coast | Terrace | Kitimat | Smithers Prince Rupert | Prince George | Williams Lake | Quesnel | Sidney | Victoria | Alberta | Red Deer | Lloydminster | Ontario | Sudbury | Sault Ste Marie | North Bay | Timmins | Muskoka | Gravenhurst | Parry Sound | Huntsville | Kingston | Belleville | Cornwall | Brockville | Dundas | Pembroke | Renfrew | Smith Falls | Cobourg

Commercial Vs. Patent Law?
What Is The Availability Of Both Types Of Law? How Difficult Is It To Get A Job In Either Types Of Law Right Now And In The Next 5 Years? Also How Do The Salaries Of Both Compare, Keeping In Mind If My Undergrad Is In Industrial Engineering And I Have An Mba.

I know some Boston law firms are hiring new patent attorneys at $185,000 starting salary, plus full benefits, but primarily those who have advanced technical degrees (masters, PhD, MD, etc) and a number of years of experience in the industry.

I Need Legal Help, Any Lawyers From Wisconsin?
My Down Stairs Nieghbor Recently Got Raided, And Sent Off To Jail. Tonight The Manager Of The Apartment Comes Up Here And Accucses My Husband Of Buying Drugs From Him.Which Isn'T True. She Threatend To Call The Cops, Give Us A Five Day Eviction Notice, And To Call Social Servies And Have My Son Taken Away. This Isn'T The Frist Time She Has Been Here Yelling And Making Treats. And She Is Constantly Snoopong Around The Basement And The Garage Which We Pay For. We Probly Will Be Moving When Our Lease Is Up, But That Isnt Until December. Can We Get A Lawer For Slander? If She Calls The Cops, And Accusses Us Of Drug Charges We Can Lose Our State Assitance, And I Will Lose My Bissness. I Work With Children. Please Help What Can I Do? I Dont Even Have The Owner'S Phone Number Or Address.

My advice is to get a Life Events Legal Plan from Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. With this you will be able to:
-Ask a Lawyer any question you need a legal answer to, you can ask as many questions as you want. No Limit.
-While talking with you if the Lawyer feels a letter or phone call made by them on your behalf will help, they will do that.
-They will review and advise you on any contract or document. (buying a home, car, even cell phone. Any document you don't fully understand)
-A Will, get a Standard Will (more complex than a simple will) and have it updated every year as long as you are a member.
-Traffic Ticket help, Get a ticket, get advice on how to handle it or have them go to court for you.
No matter what state you have a question in, we have a law firm that can handle your issue. No matter what area of law, we have it covered. There is so much more included go to the site below to find out more, contact me through that site if you have questions.

Good luck.

With The Legal Shield (part of the above plan) you get 24/365 emergency access to a lawyer if you are in an accident, arrested, detained or questioned. OR if CPS shows up at your doorstep wanting to take your kids away. At a time like that having access to legal advice can be very comforting.

Please look into it.

Need Help Finding A Lawyer For Ada Law Regurading Service Dogs?
My Uncle Is A Retired Army Vet. And Suffers Sever Pts Disorder Along With Various Physical Illnesses That Require A Service Dog. He Has A Service Dog Named Lulu Who Is A Pug. She Is Registered With Service Dogs Of America And My Uncle Has Many Signed Documents By Doctors Stating That This Service Dog Is Needed Along With Vet Signed Statements Saying That Lulu Qualifies A Service Dog. The Problem: My Uncle Lives In Largo, Fl In A 55+ Trailer Park. The Park Has A No Pet Rule In Affect. The Hoa Lawyers Have Sent Him Paper Work To Complete To Make Lulu Exempt From This Rule. He Had All Of The Forms Completed By The Doctors And Vet Again And Returned Them To The Lawyers. The Lawyers Are Now Saying Because His Doctor Is Not A Mental Illness Doctor The Service Dog Is Not Exempt. He Is Being Harassed Very Badly And Is In Fear That He Will Loose This Animal. I Need To Know What We Can Do To Protect Him And What Kind Of Lawyer Could He Hire To Handle This Issue. We Were Told By The President Of The Hoa That We Would Have To Speak To The Lawyers And When We Called They Refused To Speak With Us, Because They Are Not Our Lawyer? What Kind Of Run Around Is This? I Can Not Ask Questions About Anything Having To Do With This? I Need Any Kind Of Help Anyone Can Give Me. He Was Good Enough To Serve In The Vietnam But Not Good Enough To Get The Help Of A Therapy Dog He Needs On A Day To Day Basis? Lulu Helps Him With Social Panic Attacks And Can Retreive Various Items That Are Dropped, Since He Can Barely Bend Over, He Has Hearing Aids That Don'T Really Work Well And She Lets Him Know If The Phone Is Ringing And If There Is Someone At The Door. Thank You All In Advance.

The simple answer is to get a letter from a psychiatrist. A person with severe PTSD is surely going to be under psychiatric care for that condition. The VA should cover it, no problem.

Now I have to address the Service Dogs of America issue. Organizations that sell fake certification over the Internet are a rip off. They take advantage of people with disabilities with legitimate needs for an emotional support animal or a service animal just to make a buck. A real certifying organization would have tested the dog and would be prepared to testify in court as to the dog's training and qualifications as a service dog. All that organization can swear to is they nicked your uncle for $40 (I hope it wasn't the organization that suckers people for $250 instead of $40).

Here's some additional information on emotional support animals:

In future, do not speak with either the HOA or their attorneys by phone. Keep it all in writing so you have a record of exactly what was said, by whom, and when. The two sites above offer some templates for you to draft your own letters requesting a reasonable accommodation. The first site (Service Dog Central) includes information on filing a complaint with Housing and Urban Development. The HOA may be correct about the documentation for your uncle's disability needing to come from a mental health professional. At any rate, it does seem to me to be the fastest, simplest, and least stressful solution is to simply see a psychiatrist or psychologist to get the letter.

--- edited to add ---

The ADA does not apply to most housing. It covers public housing (owned by a government entity) but not much else. The correct law most often would be the Fair Housing Amendments Act (FHAA). So you wouldn't need an ADA lawyer, but a disability housing law specialist. But you might not need one at all. You have not yet exhausted your other options:
1. file a complaint with HUD.
2. file a complaint with your state's Human Rights Commission.

Often filing a complaint, which causes an investigation, is sufficient to get the landlord to reconsider their position. However, in order to file a complaint, the complainant will most likely be required to prove he is disabled and to prove that his dog is trained as a service dog. So I keep going back to needing to see that mental health professional any way you look at it.

If he has a second disability, such as deafness or spine damage, and the dog is individually trained to perform tasks to mitigate that other disability, he might make a claim that way. However, hearing and retrieving work wouldn't tend to justify the dog as a service dog unless his disability is the reason why he needs that kind of help.

--- edited to add ---

It typically takes 18-24 months to fully train a service dog.

It is not uncommon for the landlord to require a letter from a specialist. As I mentioned, a person with PTSD severe enough to disable them should be seeing a psychiatrist. A letter from either a psychiatrist or a psychologist would be sufficient for a claim of disability due to PTSD. For deafness, the expert would be an audiologist and for a spine problem it would be an orthopedist. The VA has all of those available for our veterans. When they don't have an appropriate expert available on site, they will do referrals to other area experts. A friend of mine is an oncologist and was called in to work on a special case with a veteran because our local VA hospital didn't have the equipment needed to treat him properly. So he was treated at my friend's hospital instead. The VA still picked up the cost of his treatment.

--- edited to add ---

The ADA is a federal law. The U.S. Department of Justice administers it, not individual states. It also doesn't apply in this case because the ADA only covers public housing (like housing projects owned by the government). The ADA's primary coverage is for public accommodations (businesses a person might patronize), not housing. The correct law is most likely the FHAA, which means filing a complaint with HUD.

Need A Attorney Car Accident?
Insurance Company Of Other Driver Is Asking For Fee Of Damaged Car. Accident Occurred While I Was Heading Down The Road With A Green Light On My Side Of The Road. While Heading Down In The Opposite Side Of The Road A Car Turn Left On Their Side. Resulting In Me Crashing Into Them. Police Arrived And Filed A Report Stating None Was At Fault, And To Deal The Situation With The Insurance Company. In That Time I Did Not Have Insurance. So Now The Company Wants Money For The Other Driver'S Damaged Car Happened In Ca Can Anyone Guide Me To A Direction Where I Should Find A Good Attorney? I Been Surfing The Web But All I See Is Injury Attorney And Didn'T Know If It Was The Right One

What do you expect an attorney to do for you. Already you have stated 2 facts. #1 you did not have insurance at the time so all accidents even if caused by another driver are your fault (nation wide law). 2# police report puts none at fault giving 50/50 damage responsibility. But since you had no insurance it then becomes 100/0. In most cases you are gonna have to pay for the damages out of pocket. If you don't the insurance company may take you to court.

Personal Injury Law Help ?
I Need Some Personal Injury Law Help. Where Should I Look Into ?

If you need get help with law in injury related stuff i suggest you can call to 855-993-4042. Got good info from them.

Construction Law...Without Going To School?
I'M A 20 Year Licensed Contractor In Los Angeles, Ca. Holding Five Cslb Classifications Including The Very Prestigious A-1 Engineering Class, At This Point In My Life I Would Like To End The Construction Portion Of The Biz And Learn As Much As Possible About Construction Law To Be Able To Work Along Side Of Licensed Construction Attorney'S Investigating, Inspecting And Documenting Alleged Construction Defects, Contract Breaches And Other Contractual Disputed Issues. I'M Also A Nationally Certified (Icc) Building And Plumbing Inspector (Code Inspector) With The Same Credentials As Any City Inspector And I Have Several Other Very Credible Home Inspection Credentials See My Website At Www.Casafebuildings.Com Books, On Line Classes, Any Idea To Help Me Learn As Much As Possible About Construction Law As I Continue To Work And Pay The Bills. I'M Hoping To Outright End The Construction Biz Before 2011 And Set Up As A 100% Building And Home Inspector And Investigator. Any And All Advice Shall Be Appreciated!!! Tony P. In Los Angeles, Ca.

In the USA, to become a Lawyer, IF you go to school full-time:
1) Bachelor's degree - four years from a traditional college/university.
2) Study for LSAT. Take LSAT.
3) Law school - three MORE years.
4) Study for Bar Exam. Take Bar Exam in the state where you want to practice.
5) Pass the Character and Fitness Evaluation. Then you can practice Law.
6) You still have to take classes/seminars etc. to obtain CEUs to keep your license to practice Law. (You aren't done with school!)

Previous-poster "daaaave" is correct: You can't practice law without a law degree and a license to practice. daaaave has a good idea: If you are interested in the legal aspects of your work you should contact some construction law attorneys and offer your services as an expert witness. Experts can make great money and from the type of work you would like to do, it seems like it would be right up your alley.

Choosing a career is one of life's most important and difficult decisions.

We simply already have way too many Legal Professionals. ANd the legal profession is dramatically changing and is in absolute CRISIS!!! Job searching in this vocational field has changed >>DRAMATICALLY<< in the last five years. And, every year, more and more people graduate from law school, but there are fewer and fewer jobs. Even the largest and most reputable law firms are experiencing unprecedented cutbacks. I don't expect the situation to improve in the coming years.....

Be aware of what you are proposing on getting yourself into. Please do more research first. Reminder: We are still in a World-wide Recession. Consider career paths that have available JOBS.<<<<< Even in a Recovery, there are some jobs that just won't return - the field of Law won't make a comeback.

Warning> Jobs in the field of Law are drying up fast!! This is just not a good field to invest time and/or money into. This is a SHRINKING, crumbling, and dying vocational field. Many reasons. We now have computers. So, many people today (mistakenly) think they can do their own legal work, thanks to the Internet. Also, there are a lot of companies out there making very efficient legal software for the field of Law. Today's graduating lawyers tend to be very computer savvy, so they just do the work themselves to save themselves the cost of overhead. Also, the "Public" buys this legal software in order to get legal work done without the cost of an Attorney. Also, we simply already have way too many Legal Professionals - we have an absolute glut!! ("Legal Professionals" includes, but is not limited to: Attorneys/Lawyers, Paralegals, Legal Assistants, Legal Secretaries, Bailiffs, Court Reporters, etc, etc)

Sites like have taken away work that many small-time attorneys/lawyers would do.

The field of Law has a mystique that actually exceeds reality. The field of Law is an overrated career - mostly by television. There are many myths regarding the field of Law: working as a Lawyer is mentally challenging (Actually, most work as an attorney involves routine paperwork: research, cite checking, drafting documents, and document review. Attorneys need to write down and track every activity they do, all day long [in 6 to 15 minutes increments, depending on the billing system] - a painstaking but necessary task), being an attorney is thrilling, high-powered, and glamorous (remember: television is fiction - the fictional lawyers on TV are ACTORS - the majority of work that an attorney does, does not happen in a courtroom), law students think that because they are good at arguing they will become great attorneys (actually being a great attorney is more in one's ability to mediate between differing sides and bringing them to agreement), as a lawyer I can correct injustices (actually legal decisions are more about reaching compromises than about right vs. wrong), guaranteed financial success (actually when salaries are compared, you also need to account for cost-of living expenses [most large law firms are in large cities - the bigger the city, the more cost-of-living expenses will be], payment of debts accrued while attending law school, and time needed to build a client base. Many large law firms require lawyers to work 60-80 hours per week.).

Cost of law school to be lawyer, approx $150,000+.
Be prepared to take on a LOT of debt, if becoming an attorney is your "true", ultimate goal!!!<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

There are no jobs in this vocational field. My family, coworkers, friends, acqaintances, etc. have been laid off left and right in this vocational field.

Employers (usually law firms) in the field of Law today want employees with degrees from traditional colleges/universities. Those "certificates" you see advertised aren't worth the paper they are printed on - they are generally scams. (I found this out the hard way.) Also, the law school's program needs to be accredited by the American Bar Association - if it isn't, you are just wasting your time/money.

Even if you finish law school, you won't be able to find a job when you are done. Since this vocational field is shrinking, many new attorneys/lawyers are, themselves, having to work "down" as Paralegals, Legal Assistants, Legal Secretaries, Bailiffs, Court Reporters, etc, etc, to simply try to keep some of their bills paid <<this would be your competition. And the competition is fierce!!

Now... the law schools know this, but they won't tell you the truth >that the job market/economy is just SATURATED with way too many Legal Professionals. Instead the schools will feed you a fairytale and will LIE to you. The root of the problem is we have too many law schools. We are in a recession, and the schools are fighting for their own survival - they will tell students anything to get to the students' money. (Which is why they won't tell you the truth about the job market for the field of Law.) And these schools continue to recruit and churn out even more graduates.............Remember: law schools are BUSINESSES - their top concern is making money for themselves.

>>>>>THE MOST IMPORTANT THING (and I can't stress this enough>): You ESPECIALLY have to beware of the bogus, inflated law school salary/job stats given out by law schools AND by the U.S. Bureau of Labor!!!*****<<<<<

If you don't believe me, then just do a SEARCH here on Yahoo Answers to see what other posters are saying about the current status of the field of Law. Call some local law firms - ask to speak to the Manager of Human Resources - ask them if they are hiring; ask them what they think about job availability in the field of Law..................

In the book "So You Want to be a Lawyer?" by Marianne Calabrese and Susanne Calabrese (ISBN 0-88391-136-1): "The United States has more lawyers than any other country in the world. About 38,000 students graduate >each year< from the 200+ law schools in the United States. The competition is very keen for jobs and clients." - Even Associate Justice Antonin Scalia (who served on the U.S. Supreme Court for more than 20 years) says there are too many lawyers. (9/14/2008)

Check out these websites: http://informeddecisionmaking.blogspot.c...
(A link to a website does not constitute endorsement.)

If you want a job when you are done with your studies, consider and look into the fields of: >>>Healthcare, Information Technology, Law ENFORCEMENT, environmentalism, emergency planning, accounting, education, entertainment, utilities, home-car-commercial-industrial repairs, vice industries, clergy, and/or debt collection. I spoke to a career counselor from Jobs and Family Services, and HE told me that these areas are where the jobs are, and future job opportunities/availability....and scholarships.

PLEASE DON'T YELL AT US!! WRITING IN ALL CAPITALS ON YAHOO ANSWERS IS CONSIDERED "YELLING" AND YOU MAY GET FLAMED FOR IT. We are just answering your question the best that we can with the limited amount of information that you have given us. That is no need to get defensive and start yellling at us.

(This is based on my current knowledge, information, belief, and life experiences. This was intended as personal opinion, and not intended to be used as legal advice. Please be careful and do your research.)