Best Rated Attorney Near Me
Help With Legal Advice in San Luis Obispo

Home | Main Page | Advertise With Us | Sitemap


Help With Legal Advice in
93401, 93402, 93403, 93405, 93406, 93407, 93408, 93409, 93410, 93412
4 Approaches To Help Your Lawyer Help You If you want a lawyer at all, you should work closely using them as a way to win your case. No matter how competent they are, they're likely to need your help. Listed below are four important strategies to help your legal team allow you to win: 1. Be Totally Honest Or Higher Your lawyers need and expect your complete cooperation - whatever information you're likely to reveal directly to them. Privilege means anything you say is saved in confidence, so don't hold anything back. Your legal team should know everything in advance - particularly information one other side could find out about and surprise you with later. 2. Provide Meticulous Records Keep an ongoing and factual account of all information associated with your case. Whether it's witnesses or payments being made, provide your attorneys with all the current data they should help them to win. 3. Appear Early For All Those Engagements Not be late when you're appearing before a court and steer clear of wasting the attorney's time, too, because they are promptly, each time. Actually, because you may want to discuss eleventh hour details or be extra prepared for the case you're facing, it's a good idea to arrive early. 4. Demonstrate Which You Have Your Act Together If you've been arrested for any sort of crime, it's important in order to prove to a legal court which you both regret the actions and are making strides toward improving your life. As an example, if you're facing a DUI, volunteer for any rehab program. Be sincere and linked to the community the judge is presiding over. Working more closely along with your legal team increases your likelihood of absolute success. Try these tips, listen closely to how you're advised and ultimately, you ought to win your case.

ACTIONPages is your local directory publisher. Serving markets in Arizona, California, Washington, and Canada. ACTIONPages the best local choice for cost-effective advertising.
Some of the cites we server are, California Grover Beach | Pismo Beach | Nipomo | Arroyo Grande | San Luis Obispo | SLO | Morro Bay | Los Osos Orcutt Ojai Arizona | Lake Havasu | Kingman | Bullhead | Prescott | Payson | Show Low | Snowflake | Taylor | Flagstaff Sedona | Cottonwood | Camp Verde | Williams | Washington | Skagit | Whatcom | Bellingham | Ferndale Lynden Mount Vernon | Sedro Woolley | Burlington | Oak Harbor | Anacortes | Camano Island | Stanwood | Arlington Langley Clinton | San Juan Islands | BC | Duncan | Port Alberni | Comox | Courtney | Campbell River | Parksville | Langley Maple ridge | Chilliwack | Abbotsford | Mission | Whistler | Squamish | Sunshine Coast | Terrace | Kitimat | Smithers Prince Rupert | Prince George | Williams Lake | Quesnel | Sidney | Victoria | Alberta | Red Deer | Lloydminster | Ontario | Sudbury | Sault Ste Marie | North Bay | Timmins | Muskoka | Gravenhurst | Parry Sound | Huntsville | Kingston | Belleville | Cornwall | Brockville | Dundas | Pembroke | Renfrew | Smith Falls | Cobourg

Case Studies For Premises Liability ?
I Would Like Copies Of Case Studies Lawsuits In Reference To The Category Of Personal Injury For Premises Liability Injury Accidents Involving A Pedestrian Stepping Into A Storm Drainage Grates That Had Been Moved Out Of Place..

Shepardize for cases on point
1. Personal Injury
2. Pedestrian
3. Manhole covers / missing or misplaced / defective
4. Claims against City or Road Department /DOT

Is Family Law The Most Stressful And Frustrating Practice Are For Lawyers?
I Am A New Attorney Who Has Been Practicing About Six Months Now. I Do Primarily Family Law Cases, And It Seems Like Whatever I Get For My Clients They're Still Not Happy. They Expect Me To Get Them Every Single Things They Want No Matter How Unreasonable. Any Other Family Law Attorneys Experienced This?

I practice family law.

Family law is a thankless job. Emotions are higher in family law than in any other type of law. People's families are being ripped apart, they aren't going to be able to see their children every day, their standard of living is going down, etc. All of these things make family law clients crazy. Seriously. They are angry, scared, and confused, and because of this they often have a hard time thinking straight.

They also have very unreasonable expectations. Stay at home moms want to be able to continue staying at home (ha! Not going to happen!) A woman who has been married for a whopping two years wants alimony. A dad who travels all of the time for work and isn't an involved dad wants 50/50 physical custody. What clients don't understand is that their definition of "fair" isn't necessarily how it works in the legal world.

Clients also don't understand why the court system takes so long. I have clients constantly ***** at me because the other party hasn't responded to discovery requests. They don't understand that all I can do is file a motion to compel, and that takes time. Clients blame me when the earliest available court date is in two months. Family law attorneys are constantly blamed by their clients for things that are completely out of control.

Clients get angry about the process or the realities of divorce, and the most convenient scapegoat is their divorce attorney.

All of this said, I love practicing family law. Many attorneys won't get anywhere near a family law case. So it just takes a certain personality.

You have to be able to be fulfilled with your job without any positive feedback from your clients. You have to listen to them complain and even blame and accuse you, and then just let it roll off your back and chalk it up to all of the emotions they are going through. I'm able to do this, so I'm able to enjoy my job. I love hearing people's stories. There's always new and crazy things happening in people's lives, so I never get bored. It's a strange job where you sort through every aspect of a family's personal life - finances, sex life, health, etc. I just find all of this very interesting, which is why I like the job.

Drink Drive Law?
How Many Units Of Alcohol Are You Allowed Untill You Are Over The Limit? Or Should I Say How Many Can I Have To Stay Under?

although the limit is .08 in most states they have lots of different levels for drinking & driving in Utah if you have had even one drink you can be arrested and have your lic. suspended.

in Colorado, anything between .00 and .07 is classified as driving while under influance of alcohol.

sucks big time. why not have a no tolerance policy???

my husband got pulled over after having 4 drinks in a 7 hour time frame.(first drink at 7 pm last drink at 2:30 am) and got put in jail (1300 bond) then car was impounded (600.00 because it was a rental and we had to wait for them to go get it) then legal fees (3500.00 retainer for lawyer plus all the additional costs) then the fees to have his lic. re-instated. (both the state it happened in and the state he is from so about 125.00)

all in all, its not worth it to even have ONE drink and drive anywhere.

My Friend Husband Wants A Divorce What Are Maryland Usa Laws On Property?
They Been Married For 5 Years. No Children Together. She Was In Good Health When Married Then Had A Major Heart Attack And Lost Her Malpractice Care. She Is On Ssd They Messed Her Up So Bad Her Bp Goes To 70.45 And This Makes Her Unable To Work. He Fet Up With All The Bill And The Medical She Has Layed On His Lap. They Both Had Houses Buying However Because His House Was Bigger And He Was Insitant That They Sell Hers And Move In His And Put Her Name On The Title Because Of All The Work He Had Done To His Home And He Wanted A Pool And Her Yeard Was To Small. The Profit Went To His House New Doors, Pool, New A/C Ect. Now He States She Can Only Get 1/2 Of The Payments Made For The 5 Years Married Because It Was His House Then Then Worth 89,000 Now 200,000 Because That Is When Houses Went Up After The Sale Of Her A Few Months Later. Can She Get Half The House And 401K, Bank Accounts? Can She Get Alimony With A Short Marriage. Or Is She Screwed.

Go to

State Divorce Laws: Maryland

Residency and Filing Requirements: In order to file for a divorce in Maryland, residency requirements must be met for the court to accept the case. If the court discovers it does not have jurisdictional rights to hear the case it will not be accepted or it will eventually be dismissed. The requirements are as follows:

There is a 1 year requirement if the grounds for the divorce occurred outside the state of Maryland, otherwise if either spouse is a resident of the state of Maryland, he or she may file in the county in which either spouse resides. If you are filing for divorce under the grounds of insanity, the residency requirement is increased to 2 years. (Maryland Code - Family Law Chapter - Section: 7-103)

Grounds for Filing: The Bill for Divorce must declare the appropriate Maryland grounds upon which the divorce is being sought. The appropriate lawful ground will be that which the parties agree upon and can substantiate, or that which the filing spouse desires to prove to the court. The divorce grounds are as follows:

The court may decree an absolute divorce on the following grounds:

(1) adultery; (2) desertion, if: (i) the desertion has continued for 12 months without interruption before the filing of the application for divorce; (ii) the desertion is deliberate and final; and (iii) there is no reasonable expectation of reconciliation; (3) voluntary separation, if: (i) the parties voluntarily have lived separate and apart without cohabitation for 12 months without interruption before the filing of the application for divorce; and (ii) there is no reasonable expectation of reconciliation; (4) conviction of a felony or misdemeanor in any state or in any court of the United States if before the filing of the application for divorce the defendant has: (i) been sentenced to serve at least 3 years or an indeterminate sentence in a penal institution; and (ii) served 12 months of the sentence; (5) 2-year separation, when the parties have lived separate and apart without cohabitation for 2 years without interruption before the filing of the application for divorce; (6) insanity if: (i) the insane spouse has been confined in a mental institution, hospital, or other similar institution for at least 3 years before the filing of the application for divorce; (7) cruelty of treatment toward the complaining party or a minor child of the complaining party, if there is no reasonable expectation of reconciliation; or (8) excessively vicious conduct toward the complaining party or a minor child of the complaining party, if there is no reasonable expectation of reconciliation. (Maryland Code - Family Law Chapter - Section: 7-103)

Filing Spouse Title: Plaintiff. The Plaintiff is the spouse who initiates the filing procedure with the family law or domestic relations court.

Non-Filing Spouse Title: Defendant. The Defendant is the spouse who does not file the initial divorce papers, but rather receives them by service.

Court Name: In the Circuit Court for __________, Maryland. This is the Maryland court where the divorce will be filed. The court will assign a case number and have jurisdictional rights to facilitate and grant the orders concerning, but not limited to: property and debt division, support, custody, and visitation. The name of the court is clearly represented at the top of all documents that are filed.

Primary Documents: Bill for Divorce and Decree of Divorce. These are the essential documents needed to start and finalize a divorce according to Maryland law. There are anywhere from ten to twenty other documents that may be required throughout the filing process. A few other documents that are typically filed during the process are: Civil - Domestic Case Information Report, Certificate of Service (for Complaint) (dom rel 58), Marital Settlement Agreement, Financial Statement (Plaintiff) (dom rel 31), Answer to Complaint (dom rel 50), and Request for Hearing (dom rel 59).

Court Clerk's Title: Office of the Clerk of the County Circuit Court. The clerk or the clerk's assistants will be the people managing your paperwork with the court. The clerk's office will keep the parties and the lawyers informed throughout the process in regards to additional paperwork that is needed, further requirements, and hearing dates and times.

Property Distribution: Since Maryland is an "equitable distribution" state, the marital property shall be divided in an equitable fashion. Equitable does not mean equal, but rather what is fair. The court will encourage the parties to reach a settlement on property and debt issues otherwise the court will declare the property award.

Subject to the provisions of subsection (b) of this section, after the court determines which property is marital property, and the value of the marital property, the court may transfer ownership of an interest in property described in paragraph (2) of this subsection, grant a monetary award, or both, as an adjustment of the equities and rights of the parties concerning marital property, whether or not alimony is awarded.

The court may transfer ownership of an interest in: (i) a pension, retirement, profit sharing, or deferred compensation plan, from one party to either or both parties; and (ii) subject to the consent of any lienholders, family use personal property, from one or both parties to either or both parties.

The court shall determine the amount and the method of payment of a monetary award, or the terms of the transfer of the interest in property after considering each of the following factors: (1) the contributions, monetary and nonmonetary, of each party to the well-being of the family; (2) the value of all property interests of each party; (3) the economic circumstances of each party at the time the award is to be made; (4) the circumstances that contributed to the estrangement of the parties; (5) the duration of the marriage; (6) the age of each party; (7) the physical and mental condition of each party; (8) how and when specific marital property or interest in property described was acquired, including the effort expended by each party in accumulating the marital property or the interest in property described in subsection (a)(2) of this section, or both; (9) the contribution by either party of property to the acquisition of real property held by the parties as tenants by the entirety; (10) any award of alimony and any award or other provision that the court has made with respect to family use personal property or the family home; and (11) any other factor that the court considers necessary or appropriate to consider in order to arrive at a fair and equitable monetary award or transfer of an interest in property or both. (Maryland Code - Family Law Chapter - Section: 8-202, 8-203, 8-205)

Spousal Support: Not all cases involve support from one spouse to the other. The obligation of one spouse to support the other financially for a temporary or permanent basis is decided on a case-by-case basis as agreed to by the parties or at the court's discretion.

The court shall determine the amount of and the period for an award of alimony. The court may award alimony for a period beginning from the filing of the pleading that requests alimony. At the conclusion of the period of the award of alimony, no further alimony shall accrue. In making the determination, the court shall consider all the factors necessary for a fair and equitable award, including: (1) the ability of the party seeking alimony to be wholly or partly self-supporting; (2) the time necessary for the party seeking alimony to gain sufficient education or training to enable that party to find suitable employment; (3) the standard of living that the parties established during their marriage; (4) the duration of the marriage; (5) the contributions, monetary and nonmonetary, of each party to the well-being of the family; (6) the circumstances that contributed to the estrangement of the parties; (7) the age of each party; (8) the physical and mental condition of each party; (9) the ability of the party from whom alimony is sought to meet that party's needs while meeting the needs of the party seeking alimony; (10) any agreement between the parties; (11) the financial needs and financial resources of each party, including: (12) whether the award would cause a spouse who is a resident of a related institution as defined in § 19-301 of the Health - General Article and from whom alimony is sought to become eligible for medical assistance earlier than would otherwise occur.

The court may award alimony for an indefinite period, if the court finds that: (1) due to age, illness, infirmity, or disability, the party seeking alimony cannot reasonably be expected to make substantial progress toward becoming self-supporting; or (2) even after the party seeking alimony will have made as much progress toward becoming self-supporting as can reasonably be expected, the respective standards of living of the parties will be unconscionably disparate. (Maryland Code - Family Law Chapter - Section: 11-106)

Restoration or Name Change: In granting a decree of absolute divorce, the court shall change the name of a party to either the name given the party at birth or any other former name the party wishes to use if: (1) the party took a new name on marriage and no longer wishes to use it; (2) the party asks for the change of name; and (3) the purpose of the party is not illegal, fraudulent, or immoral. (Maryland Code - Family Law Chapter - Section: 7-105)

Spousal Support: Not all cases involve support from one spouse to the other. The obligation of one spouse to support the other financially for a temporary or permanent basis is decided on a case-by-case basis as agreed to by the parties or at the court's discretion.

Custody, whether joint or sole, will be awarded to either the mo

Which Should A Civil Engineer Pursue: Patent Or Construction Law?
I'M An Undergraduate Majoring In Civil Engineering @ Georgia Tech. I Plan On Getting My Master'S In Civil Engineering Here Too And Plan On Moving Into Patent/Construction Law Because I Will Be Making A Lot More Money. I Just Want To Know Which I Should Go For, Which Is More Related To My Major, Which One Makes More Money, Ect. If You Could Site Your Sources Or Just Give Me Your Opinion, I'D Appreciate It! Thx!!

I happen to agree with Oil Field Trash.

Regarding Construction Law:
Getting a masters degree in CE is not going to prepare you for legal practice. Grad school prgrams in CE are very technical and will provide little if any real experience that can be translated into construction law. Real world experience working with contracts, change orders, and claims is going to be a lot more beneficial than what you learn in CE grad school. The time spent in grad school would be better spent either working in the field or going straight to law school.

How To Modify Divorce Decree In Michigan?
I Have A One Year Old Daughter Who Was Conceived Just Before My Divorce Was Final To My Ex Husband. He Is Not Her Father And He Does Not Contest That Fact. We Had Been Separated For Two Years And We Were Both In New Relationships By The Time The Court Proceedings Were Complete. When We Had Our Final Day In Court I Did Not Know I Was Pregnant And Thus I Was Not Able To Enter Into Our Divorce Decree The He Is Not The Father. When My Daughter Was Born I Put My Fiancé (Her Father) On Her Birth Certificate. I Have Now Found Out That The State Entered My Ex Husband As Her Father Because We Were Technically Still Married During Her Conception. I Know It Is Always Wisest To Hire An Attorney But I'D Rather Skip That Cost Since We Are All In Agreeance. What Forms Do I Need To File To Do This? What Is The Process? I Understand That After The Decree Is Corrected I Then File With Vital Records To Update The Birth Certificate. The Part I Am Getting Stuck On Is The Initial Court Paperwork.

First you should contact a lawyer in Michigan.

You would have to file some kind of motion to modify the divorce decree.

If the actual biological father has owned up to paternity, then the only issue is to correct the decree to accurately reflect the reality of the situation.

The Michigan equivalent to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 60 is:

MCR 2.612 allows for relief from a judgment or order on specific grounds. These include mistake (2.612(C)(1)(a)); fraud, misrepresentation, or other misconduct of an adverse party (MCR 2.612(C)(1)(c)); and any other reason justifying relief from the operation of the judgment (MCR 2.612(C)(1)(f)).

A trial court's decision to grant relief based on this court rule is discretionary and will not
be disturbed absent an abuse of discretion. See Huber v Frankenmuth Mutual Ins Co, 160 Mich App 568, 576; 408 NW2d 505 (1987).

This can be accomplished with a motion to correct or amend the final decree due to mistake.