Best Rated Attorney Near Me
I Need A Legal Aid Lawyer in San Luis Obispo

Home | Main Page | Advertise With Us | Sitemap


I Need A Legal Aid Lawyer in
93401, 93402, 93403, 93405, 93406, 93407, 93408, 93409, 93410, 93412
Most people do not think about obtaining a legal professional until they are in desperate need. The lawful situation might be personal, like family law, for a divorce or if you are looking for a bankrupcy or trust lawyer or attorney. It may be a felony case you want to be defended on. Companies require attorneys as well, regardless if they are being sued for discrimination, sexual harassment, or maybe unfounded business tactics. Tax legal professionals are also useful while interacting with government difficulties. Just like doctors, lawyers have specialties. A large, full service law firm has numerous legal representatives with various areas of competence, so hinging on your personal legal issue, you can promptly retain the greatest attorney at law to meet your ongoing need without having to start your search each time you need legal help.It is best to locate a law firm you can have confidence in. You need one with a decent record, who isreliable, effective, and wins cases. You need to have trust that they will represent you thoroughly and charge you fairly for their services. Oftentimes a referral from a pal or business associate can be handy, having said that you should hold your options open and examine all the firms accessible, because when you need legal help, you need it immediately and you really want the finest you can pay for. Thank you for browsing for a lawyer or attorney with us. Your time is valuable, and Action Pages, at, is glad to produce specific search variables to match your requirements. We constantly try to concentrate on the most popular phrases so you can right away find anything you are looking for.

ACTIONPages is your local directory publisher. Serving markets in Arizona, California, Washington, and Canada. ACTIONPages the best local choice for cost-effective advertising.
Some of the cites we server are, California Grover Beach | Pismo Beach | Nipomo | Arroyo Grande | San Luis Obispo | SLO | Morro Bay | Los Osos Orcutt Ojai Arizona | Lake Havasu | Kingman | Bullhead | Prescott | Payson | Show Low | Snowflake | Taylor | Flagstaff Sedona | Cottonwood | Camp Verde | Williams | Washington | Skagit | Whatcom | Bellingham | Ferndale Lynden Mount Vernon | Sedro Woolley | Burlington | Oak Harbor | Anacortes | Camano Island | Stanwood | Arlington Langley Clinton | San Juan Islands | BC | Duncan | Port Alberni | Comox | Courtney | Campbell River | Parksville | Langley Maple ridge | Chilliwack | Abbotsford | Mission | Whistler | Squamish | Sunshine Coast | Terrace | Kitimat | Smithers Prince Rupert | Prince George | Williams Lake | Quesnel | Sidney | Victoria | Alberta | Red Deer | Lloydminster | Ontario | Sudbury | Sault Ste Marie | North Bay | Timmins | Muskoka | Gravenhurst | Parry Sound | Huntsville | Kingston | Belleville | Cornwall | Brockville | Dundas | Pembroke | Renfrew | Smith Falls | Cobourg

Legal Advice?
If U Had A Family Member 65 Years Or So That Has Never Been Convicted Of A Crime For The Whole 30 Somewhat Years They Been In American But Is Not A Legal Citizen Of America. How Can U Go About Fixing This Situation For Them And Helping Them Become A Citizen? Will There Be A Penalty? Would It Cost Alot? How Do U Go About This? Serious Answers Please. Thanks In Advance.

You have to go to the immigration where you live and help them apply for naturalization. There is a fee for the processing. In NJ its about $400. The person then will be mailed a date to have fingerprinting done and then take a test. You can get study guides of the test from It will also give you some more info.

Im Really Interested In Becoming A Criminal Defense Attorney.. Im In High School. Where Do I Start?
Any Advice? Where Can I Intern / Get Practice? What Do I Study (My School Dose Not Offer Any Classes For This Career)? Help?

I am a retired attorney and spent five years doing criminal defense work.

You do not take courses in criminal law until law school.

In high school get the best grades and board scores possible. Go to a good university. Most state universities are fine. I went to one and majored in history. Amy major which requires a lot of critical reading and writing is fine preparation for law school. There is no major called pre-law, which is simply a description of your reason for being in undergraduate school.

At the start of your senior year in college, apply to several law schools. You will need to take the Law School Admission Test (LSAT). The best time to take it is in June of your junior year in college or in September of your senior year, so you will need to take the test before you apply to law schools. The test is similar to the SAT, but much more difficult. It lasts half a day. Look at the LSAT website for info.

Apply to at least eight law schools. Just as for undergraduate school, include "fit", "reach" and "safety" schools. Be sure that the law school is approved by the American Bar Association. See their website.

Go to the best law school you can, but any ABA approved law school is fine. Unless you are going to one of the ten top national law schools, it is easiest to go in the state where you plan to practice. The law schools at state universities are fine.

In law school, compete for a position on the best law review. Law reviews are student-edited legal journals and membership on one is highly valued by employers. If you make law review, it will take a lot of your time.

In your summers in law school, try to do internships in law offices which handle criminal law. They may or may not be paid. It does not matter if they do prosecution or defense law.

In your third (last) year of law school, apply for a job in a public defender's office. This is the best on-the-job training you can get. You can also get good training in a prosecutor's office.

Take a bar exam review course before you take the bar exam.

Pass the bar exam, be admitted to the bar and you are now a lawyer!

I hope you enjoy criminal defense law. (Please read this whole paragraph before coming to any conclusions.) You will spend all day working with criminals, as most of your clients will not be first offenders, but will already have been convicted of other crimes and have spent time in jail or prison. Most of them are not very nice people. They will lie to you. You will lose most of your cases as district attorneys prosecute many more guilty people than innocent ones.

Perhaps after about five years, you will decide that you would rather be a criminal cases prosecutor and you will join a prosecutor's office.
I did and was much happier in this position. I then, due to circumstance outside my profession, was able to retire at age 51.

Good luck and please feel free to email me if you have other questions,

Anyone Familiar With Divorce Lawyers?
I Thought My Divorce Was Goin 2 B Non-Contested Yet It'S Not. Therefore, We Decided 2 Try 2 Come 2 An Agreement On Our Own Yet It'S Takin A Bit Of Time Meanwhile We Gave In The Retainer. How Long Can We Take 2 Come 2 An Agreement Without Loosin The Retainer? Is Their A Certain Time Frame? I Haven'T Contact The Lawyer Back Yet Because We Still Haven'T Come 2 An Agreement & Every Single Time You Contact The Attorney....You Loose Money :)

Come to an agreement with your husband about how it is all going to go (division of property/custody of kids/apportionment of bills/etc.), then write a letter to your attorney telling him all of this. Make sure you say that nothing will be contested, and that this is how you want it. The divorce will then proceed along the usual time frame. The attorney will file the papers and in due course you will be granted what is called a consent decree. That means it is finished. As far as your retainer, you have lost that. What you paid, the lawyer will now keep. The best you can do is minimize your contact with him and make it easy for him by spelling it all out (custody/debts/etc.), and then let him do his thing.

Criminal Damage/Destruction Charge? Innocent? Legal Advice? Laywers Attorneys Paralegals Law Students Help!?
So I Was At A Party And Some Kid Pushed Me Into His Girlfriends Window. They Called The Cops And Told Them I Tried To Push Him And I Flew Back Into The Window As A Result Of My Failed Attempt To Push Him. Well I Never Heard Anything More About It Until I Got Arrested Today. I Guess He Pressed Charges And The Prosecutors Office Actually Decided To Pursue It. These Kids Were All Drunk And I Was Not Drinking. I Am Straight Edge (Don'T Drink, Smoke, Or Do Drugs) And I Have Tattoos That Prove That. What Is The Statue Of Limitation On Criminal Damage Or Destruction? What Are Some Of The Fines And Penelties? And What Legal Advice Could Anyone Give Me On This Case? Update Edit: Criminal Destruction Is The Only Charge. He'S Saying I Pushed Him And That Caused Me To Fall Into The Window. As If I Had Pushed A Brick Wall And Fallen Backwards From It. And The Tattoo Says Xxx He Who Dies Clean Wins. And If They Were Drunk That Deminishes

Ok, few things here... in most states the statute of limitations is 2 or 3 years up to 7 years to file charges against someone.
(I'm guessing it's well within that.)

They called the cops, which normally means they're not part of the problem, especially if they were drinking. I'm thinking you've got a few statements against you that you were initiating the fight and the window got broke due to that. (just a guess. I've been a criminal defense investigator a long time.. :)

Your tattoo is not admissible in court as proof you don't drink, I can feel the judge's reaction from here, not good. You need to get an attorney, and have him or her work up a good defense for you, with character references, etc, and I'm assuming here you've not got a criminal record. If you're a clean kid with a clean record, most likely you will get what's called a "set aside" or probationary period, where the court sets an amount of time you have to keep your nose clean (usually a year) and if at the end of that year you're not in any other trouble the case is dismissed and that's the end of it. Ask your attorney about getting that as a plea bargain and if you can it's the best that can happen.

The DA wouldn't have bothered to prosecute it unless he thought he could win, so you've got some evidence against you. Now all you can do is plead your cause and hope you don't get a record at the end of it.

What Questions Should I Ask When Looking For An Attorney?
I'm Looking For An Attorney, Specifically To Do A Quiet Title Action, What Questions Should I Be Asking To Make Sure I Find A Good Attorney?

Does the attorney have experience with your particular circumstance? Does he or she charge for an initial interview, and if so, what is the cost? Does the attorney have a standard fee if it is a routine circumstance and what does that fee cover? If the issue is more complicated or the attorney doesn't have a standard fee, do they charge an hourly fee? Is there a written agreement that describes the fees and services? To find the names of reputable lawyers, ask a friend or neighbor, or co-workers about lawyers they have Another avenue to research potential lawyers is by calling your states Lawyer Referral service. also,What law school did you graduate from and when?

Depending on what you are hiring the attorney for,
its good to know for any type of case,

What kinds of law have you practiced in your career? Have you done trial work?
Where and in what courts are you licensed to practice law?
Have you ever been the subject of professional discipline? If so, for when and for what?
Do you have malpractice insurance?
Describe your experience in handling cases like mine.
- How much of that experience was in the last two years?
- What were the outcomes of those cases?
What percentage of your cases are similar to mine?
Is this a specialized matter, and, if so, are you a specialist in this area?

- Do you have any specialist certification?
- Have you published anything or taught in this specialized area?
How long have you been practicing in this area of law?
Can you provide references from other clients?
What’s your current caseload? Do you have large trials scheduled over the next few months?
Where does my matter come in with your priorities?
What is the size of your firm?
- Number of attorneys
- Number of paralegals
Will you be working on my case, and, if so, will you be the only one working on it?
If associate attorneys and paralegals will be working on it, what is their experience and background? Can I meet them?
What would you do and what would the associate and/or paralegal do in my case?
- If there’s a trial, who will conduct it?
- Who will do discovery?
- Who will draft papers?
Can I see a copy of the firm’s retainer agreement?

California, Orange County Family Law Attorneys?
I Need To Find Out What My Rights Are In Concern With An Upcoming Court Date With Social Services In Regards Tomy Newborn Twin Girls...

Why do you have to go to court for first of all? Are you getting public assistance? Why are they so interested in your newborns? There are attorneys who will do work for those who can't afford one. You will need a n attorney who specialises in family law. Fight for what's yours!!