Finding A Highly Skilled Lawyer Whatever your legal needs are you will see that there are numerous lawyers in your area that advertise which they focus on your form of case. This will make the entire process of finding one with significant amounts of experience somewhat of a challenge. However, when you follow the following it is possible to restrict your research to the correct one in very little time. The initial step is to make a list of the lawyers which are listed in your neighborhood focusing on your needs. When you are causeing this to be list you need to only include those which you have an excellent vibe about based on their advertisement. Then you can narrow this list down through taking a little while evaluating their website. There you should be able to find the number of years they have been practicing and some general details about their success rates. At this stage your list must have shrunken further to the people that you simply felt had professional websites as well as an appropriate volume of experience. You should then take the time to lookup independent reviews of every attorney. Make sure to see the reviews rather than just depending on their overall rating. The details in the reviews will provide you with a solid idea of the way they connect with the clientele and the length of time they invest into each case that they are focusing on. Finally, you should talk with a minimum of the very last three lawyers which have the credentials you would like. This will give you enough time to truly evaluate how interested they may be in representing you and your case. It really is imperative that you follow most of these steps to actually hire a company which includes the correct measure of experience to get you the best possible outcome.
ACTIONPages is your local directory publisher. Serving markets in Arizona, California, Washington, and Canada. ACTIONPages the best local choice for cost-effective advertising.
Some of the cites we server are,
Are You Allowed To Hire A Non-Licensed Attorney To Represent You In A Court Of Law?
In most states, the unauthorized practice of law is unlawful. For example, see Texas Government Code, Section 81.101.
No judge (except, perhaps, in small claims court) will allow a non-licensed person to represent any other person.
It is also one of the stupidest things anyone could choose to do, unless the outcome of the case is unimportant.
What'S The Difference Between A Dui And A Dwi?
DWI= driving while intoxicated
DUI= driving under the influence
The law varies from state to state. For example, in Texas you are DWI when you operate a motor vehicle in a public place with a breath alcohol concentration of .08 or higher, or you have lost the normal use of your mental or physical faculties by reason of introduction of alcohol or another drug into your body. This goes for people of all ages.
However, in Texas, it is not illegal to drive under the influence if you are 21 or over and you are not intoxicated. If you are under 21, and operating a motor vehicle in a public place with any detectable amount of alcohol in your body, then that crime is called DUI while a Minor.
Information About Being A Lawyer?
I'M In Year 10 At The Moment And I'M In Northern Ireland. I'Ve Been Wanting To Know About Being A Lawyer And Studying Law And All That. I Was Thinking Of Doing History, Business Studies, And Geography For Gcse. I Wanted To Do Spanish Too But I Can'T Pick A 4Th Gcse, Right?? I Don'T Really Know How It Works In A-Levels Yet Tho.
I Also Wanted To Know What Type Of Lawyer Is Best To Do? I Don'T Want To Deal With Money And Financial Things And All That, Noooo. I Find Them Abit Boring. Are There Any Types Of Lawyers Out There That Are At Least A Bit Fun To Do? I'M Not Sure On What Kind Lawyer I'D Want To Be Yet, So Don'T Say &Quot;Choose What You Like To Do&Quot; Cos I Dunno Yet Hahaha.
Also, I Wondered If You Could Study Law Here For 3 Years, Right? And Then Work In America?? Can You Do That? Because I Sort Of Find Northern Ireland A Bit Boring. There'S More To Do In America, I Think. And There Is No Way In Hell My Parents Will Let Me Go Study Law In America.
Thank You For Answering This If You Do :) Xo
Hi. I don't have the answers to all your concerns, but I would like to share for some of them.
A. About what type of lawyer is the best to do, here are some insights. Depending on specialization, there can be a lot of different types of lawyers. And because in almost everything we do, there is a law, rule or regulation involved and being observed, there can be a lot of specializations. But some of the major categories are as follows.
1) Labor lawyer - If you like to champion the interests of the workers or defend the wealth of the employers, then this is suited for you. You can also be involved in social legislation.
2) Civil lawyer - Here, you get to be involved with a lot of things: civil rights and liberties, ownership & possession rights over personal and immovable (land & buildings) properties, family and guardianship issues, obligations & contracts, succession rights, cadastral and land registration, sale and lease of properties, credit transactions, torts and damages, etc. (Civil law is very broad). If you like Civil law, then this is the one for you.
3) Criminal Lawyer - Here, you can get to visit a lot of prison cells. Most of your clients are those behind bars. This is not very profitable, but you can get a lot of media attention, especially if you client is very controversial. Some of those who ran for public office were previously well celebrated criminal lawyers if not state prosecutors. As a criminal lawyer, you are supposed to be knowledgeable with all the different crimes and penalties.
4) Corporate Lawyer - Many are saying that this is very profitable. This is the opposite of criminal lawyer, because there is not much action and public attention here - you work behind the scenes. But the work here is very serious as not to be trifled with. As a corporate lawyer, your expertise is over laws concerning merchants, corporations and business ventures, investment and banking laws, business taxation, transportation laws, laws governing negotiable instruments, insurance laws, law on mortgages, laws on inventions and intellectual property, laws regulating securities and the stock market, law on common carriers, law on sales and lease, etc. If you like these things, then corporate practice is good for you.
5) Political Lawyer - Here, your work touches more on the functions of the government and its policies. This covers election law, the organic law of the land, the administrative codes of the government including its internet policies and regulations, legislative processes and procedures, laws regulating and empowering government agencies, laws pertaining to local governments, etc. Here, you can get hired by politicians seeking your advises for their programs of government. An election lawyer is very profitable too.
6) Taxation Lawyer - the most difficult practice. Very very serious work.
B. About whether you can study law in Northern Ireland and work the U.S., that is possible BUT.... You have to understand that in the U.S., admission to the practice of law varies from State to State. There is a different requirement in each State. Many of them have very stringent rules that even require you to undergo the formal process of law education within them and then take the State Bar examination before being certified and allowed to practice law in their jurisdiction. Conversely, some of them have very relaxed rules that only require from you any letter of reference or accreditation coming from your own country's regulating agency to verify or cross-check your status. So, this basically requires some research. Here's a tip: You can start with New York and do California last :-). To jump start it, you can check out these websites:
I hope my information helps.. Regards..
Child Support Alimony?
Quick Question I Live In Pa My Bf Wife Is Taking Him To Court For Child Support Which He Of Course Have He Has No Problem Now Today She Told Him She Was Taking For Alimony, How Does This Work And Being The Fact He Only Works 3 Daysx8hrs Is This Bases On His Income Etc Just Need Some Information And What Are His Rights To All This ,, She Kicked Him Out To Move Her Bf In
Actually, limited alimony is better to pay than child support. Child support separate from alimony only became common some 40 years ago. Alimony is tax deductible, while child support is not. Also, alimony is deducted from gross earned income before child support is calculated, so less child support is ordered, and the other parent takes on a greater obligation in the support of the children. Balancing the benefits of one over the other is something to discuss with a tax accountant because after paying the alimony, you can find yourself in a lower tax bracket, as well as owing less child support.
Now, in this case, I find it unlikely that alimony will be ordered, but her attorney would have instructed her to ask for it simply to increase how much he's making on the case. More motions, more money.
He needs to join Dads House in Yahoo Groups in order to learn all his rights and how to respond properly.
What Is Better Becoming A Social Worker Or An Immigration Attorney?
I Like To Help People And Like To Do Office Work. For Both Careers That Is What One Will Be Doing. I Am Not Sure What To Do After I Receive My B.A. I Like Both I Don'T Know What To Choose.
This Is My Last Semester And I Plan To Take A Year Off To Figure It Out But , What If I Can'T And I Still Like Both. So What Is Better, To Become A Social Worker Or An Immigration Attorney?
No such thing as an immigration attorney. All paperwork can be filed out by anyone and you cant represent them since theres no "court" so all you can do is just transalate. So dont go through the trouble and money to pass the bar and just become a paralegal who does immigration paperwork
True Or False: Any Law School Graduate Can Practice Any Type Of Law, Even If It'S Not Their Speciality?
Mostly true.... but not entirely.
A license to practice law (which you get after passing a bar exam) allows a lawyer to practice ALMOST any sort of law. But there are a few exceptions, some areas of law are so specific and so technical that a second license is required to practice in those areas. The two that come to mind immediately are securities and patents.
To be a securities lawyer you need to pass an exam administered by the SEC. To be a patent attorney you need to have a science or engineering degree and pass an exam administered by the USPTO.