The Best 10
Lawyer Find in San Luis Obispo

Home | Main Page | Advertise With Us | Sitemap


Lawyer Find in
93401, 93402, 93403, 93405, 93406, 93407, 93408, 93409, 93410, 93412
4 Approaches To Help Your Lawyer Help You When you need a lawyer at all, you need to work closely with them as a way to win your case. No matter how competent they are, they're gonna need your help. Listed here are four important methods to help your legal team help you win: 1. Be Totally Honest And Up Your lawyers need and expect your complete cooperation - irrespective of what information you're likely to reveal directly to them. Privilege means everything you say is kept in confidence, so don't hold anything back. Your legal team needs to know everything in advance - most especially information the other side could check out and surprise you with later. 2. Provide Meticulous Records Keep a continuous and factual account of information associated with your case. Whether it's witnesses or payments being made, provide your attorneys with the data they should assist them to win. 3. Turn Up Early For Those Engagements Do not be late when you're appearing before a court and get away from wasting the attorney's time, too, when you are on time, each time. Actually, because you may want to discuss eleventh hour details or perhaps be extra ready for the truth you're facing, it's a great idea to arrive early. 4. Demonstrate That You May Have Your Act Together If you've been responsible for any kind of crime, it's important so that you can prove to a legal court which you both regret the actions and therefore are making strides toward enhancing your life. By way of example, if you're facing driving under the influence, volunteer to get a rehab program. Be sincere and linked to the cities the judge is presiding over. Working more closely with the legal team increases your odds of absolute success. Try these tips, listen closely to how you're advised and ultimately, you must win your case.

ACTIONPages is your local directory publisher. Serving markets in Arizona, California, Washington, and Canada. ACTIONPages the best local choice for cost-effective advertising.
Some of the cites we server are, California Grover Beach | Pismo Beach | Nipomo | Arroyo Grande | San Luis Obispo | SLO | Morro Bay | Los Osos Orcutt Ojai Arizona | Lake Havasu | Kingman | Bullhead | Prescott | Payson | Show Low | Snowflake | Taylor | Flagstaff Sedona | Cottonwood | Camp Verde | Williams | Washington | Skagit | Whatcom | Bellingham | Ferndale Lynden Mount Vernon | Sedro Woolley | Burlington | Oak Harbor | Anacortes | Camano Island | Stanwood | Arlington Langley Clinton | San Juan Islands | BC | Duncan | Port Alberni | Comox | Courtney | Campbell River | Parksville | Langley Maple ridge | Chilliwack | Abbotsford | Mission | Whistler | Squamish | Sunshine Coast | Terrace | Kitimat | Smithers Prince Rupert | Prince George | Williams Lake | Quesnel | Sidney | Victoria | Alberta | Red Deer | Lloydminster | Ontario | Sudbury | Sault Ste Marie | North Bay | Timmins | Muskoka | Gravenhurst | Parry Sound | Huntsville | Kingston | Belleville | Cornwall | Brockville | Dundas | Pembroke | Renfrew | Smith Falls | Cobourg

Family Law Question.. Attorneys Please Advised...?
The Situation Is This, My Husbands Ex-Wife, Has Filed A Order To Show Cause Against Him. She Claims He Is In Contempt Of An Order In Their Divorce Decree. However, We Know He Is Not. The Problem Is, The Area She Is Referring To In The Decree Is Open For Interpretation. She Actually Tried To File A Contempt Motion Against Him In 2006, In The County The Decree Was Drafted, However After My Husband Spoke With Her Attorney At The Time He Made Her Realize He Was Not In Contempt, And Nothing Proceeded To Court. Now Here We Are 2008 Almost 2009, And She Had A Change Of Venue, And Had Filed The Order To Show Cause. We Know She Did Not Take It To Court In 2006 Because The Judge (Who Granted The Divorce) Was Very Aware Of The Way It Should Be Interpreted, And She Knew She Would Lose Her Case. Ok So That Is The Background Information. My Husband Does Have An Attorney, But The Case Is In Another State, So It Is Making Communication With That Attorney Difficult. In Addition, Obviously We Are Charged Every Time We Call Him, And We Cannot Afford To Just Call With Random Questions. I Actually Just Graduated With A Degree In Paralegal Studies, And I Would Like To Do Everything I Can To Make Sure My Husbands Attorney Has All The Information He Needs To Win This Case. So What I Was Thinking Is, What About Getting A Statement From Someone In The County That The Decree Was Drafted In? Would It Be Possible To Contact The Court And Request Such A Statement Form The Judge That Presided Over The Divorce? I Also Thought About Contacting My Husbands Attorney During The Divorce And Asking Him For A Statement, But Would That Actually Prove Anything? My Husband’S Attorney Has Not Suggested Any Of This. What I Have Already Provided To My Husbands Attorney Is 1. The Letter We Received In 2006 Threatening To File The Contempt Motion If He Did Not Comply. 2. The Motion To Withdraw Form His Ex-Wife’S Attorney We Received In 2007 ( I Thought This Would Be Good To Prove She Continued To Represent His Ex-Wife For Another Year After We Received The Letter. This Should Cause Some Suspicion As To Why She Did Not Proceed With The Contempt Motion Considering She Already Had An Attorney, And If My Husband Were In Contempt, He (Per The Divorce Decree) Would Be Responsible For Her Attorney Fees. Moreover, There Would Be No Need To Interoperate The Divorce Decree In The Presences Of The Same Judge That Approved It. Ok So What Do You Think About My Idea, And Any Other Possible Ideas Would Be Greatly Appreciated.

This may be of help to you:

Utah Practice Series
Current through the 2008 Update

Utah Family Law
Eric Johnson

Title 78B. Judicial Code
Chapter 13. Utah Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act

§ 78B-13-207. Inconvenient forum

(1) A court of this state that has jurisdiction under this chapter to make a child custody determination may decline to exercise its jurisdiction at any time if it determines that it is an inconvenient forum under the circumstances and that a court of another state is a more appropriate forum. The issue of inconvenient forum may be raised upon the court's own motion, request of another court, or motion of a party.

(2) Before determining whether it is an inconvenient forum, a court of this state shall consider whether it is appropriate that a court of another state exercise jurisdiction. For this purpose, the court shall allow the parties to submit information and shall consider all relevant factors, including:
(a) whether domestic violence has occurred and is likely to continue in the future and which state could best protect the parties and the child;
(b) the length of time the child has resided outside this state;
(c) the distance between the court in this state and the court in the state that would assume jurisdiction;
(d) the relative financial circumstances of the parties;
(e) any agreement of the parties as to which state should assume jurisdiction;
(f) the nature and location of the evidence required to resolve the pending litigation, including the testimony of the child;
(g) the ability of the court of each state to decide the issue expeditiously and the procedures necessary to present the evidence; and
(h) the familiarity of the court of each state with the facts and issues of the pending litigation.

(3) If a court of this state determines that it is an inconvenient forum and that a court of another state is a more appropriate forum, it shall stay the proceedings upon condition that a child custody proceeding be promptly commenced in another designated state and may impose any other condition the court considers just and proper.

(4) A court of this state may decline to exercise its jurisdiction under this chapter if a child custody determination is incidental to an action for divorce or another proceeding while still retaining jurisdiction over the divorce or other proceeding.


Trial court properly determined that California was more appropriate forum than Utah in which to litigate custody of child, even though child was born in Utah; natural parents had lived for many years in California, mother had only recently come to Utah for purposes of giving birth to child in order to take advantage of Utah's more liberal child custody laws, and California had access to greatest amount of relevant information with respect to natural parents based on prior custody proceeding involving another child. U.C.A.1953, 78- 45c-7(3) (superseded by § 78-45c-207). State in Interest of W.D. v. Drake, 770 P.2d 1011 (Utah Ct. App. 1989).


1. In general

1. In general

Florida, as decree state, had discretion to decline jurisdiction of modification of custody decree, if it determined that some other state was more convenient forum. West's F.S.A. § 61.1316. State in Interest of D.S.K., 1990, 792 P.2d 118.
Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Act does not mandate loss of jurisdiction to original state in all cases in which original state making custody determination may later be inconvenient forum, and only if Utah chooses to relinquish jurisdiction, based on best interests of children, will jurisdiction transfer from Utah. U.C.A.1953, 30-3-5(3), 78-45c-3(1, 3), 78-45c-7(3). Rawlings v. Weiner, 1988, 752 P.2d 1327, certiorari denied 765 P.2d 1278.

How Do I Find A Probate Attorney Specialized In Foreign Wills In Florida?
I Need A Lawyer That Specialize Himself In Foreign Wills Legalizing Them In The State Of Florida The Broward Count Or Any County, But That He Will Legalize This Foreign Document.

The Broward County Bar Association (954) 764-8040, has a referral service. In general a will must be probated in the jurisdiction where the deceased resided at death; unless s/he had no property there in which case it can be probated anywhere the deceased owned or had an interest in property. You don't say where your deceased resided or where s/he owned properrty, but if s/he resided outside Florida then the will can only be admitted to probate in a Fla. county (or counties) where there was property. If the will and/or death certificates are in a foreign language they must be accompanied by certified translations. If you are inquiring about an "ancillary" administration of an existing overseas probate, then translations and certified copies of all the foreign probate papers must be submitted. If the estate beneficiaries are foreign residents or if there is property to be sold, it may require opening a US bank account and obtaining a US tax ID number.

Did Obama Respond To Discovey In The Berg Lawsuit?

I believe that you are referring to the lawsuit Berg vs Obama that was filed in the Federal Court for The eastern District of Pennsylvania, civil action number: 08-cv-4083.

Obama's attorneys are delaying the process.

The lawsuit points out that because Obama was born in Kenya, not Hawaii as he claims, that Barack Obama is not a natural born citizen and therefore does not meet the Consittutional requirement that he be a natural born citizen.

Apparently when Obama's mother was pregnant with him his mother and father has traveled to Kenya to visit relatives in Kenya.

Obama was born in Kenya while they were visiting relatives.

Obama's parents hurried back to Hawaii after he was born to register the birth, however they were unsuccessful.

that is the reason that Obma'a birth certificate cannot be located in the Official records in Hawaii.

The birth certificates, (both of them) that have been posted on Obama's web site are photoshopped forgeries.

Obama's real birth records have now been located at the maternity hospital where he was born in Kenya.

That is what the lawsuit is all about.

Obama has been trying to delay any court action until after the election.

Some people have said that there is an article on Snopes that challenges the Berg lawsuit.

That is not true. The Snopes article merely notes that Berg has filed the lawsuit but does not say whether or not Snopes agrees or disagrees with what Berg says in his lawsuit.

Unfortunately the notation about the Berg lawsuit is at the end of a very long discussion of other issues relating to questions about Obama's citizenship that have nothing to do with the Berg lawsuit.

Most people do not manage to read through all of the verbiage to get to the end of the Snopes article.

The left has taken advantage of this to say that Snopes has debunked Mr. Berg's claim.

That is false. Snopes merely notes the existence of the lawsuit without reaching the merits of Mr. Berg's arguments such as that Obama was born in Kenya and not Hawaii.

Mr. Berg states that Obama's birth records have been found in the Maternity Hospital where he was born in Kenya, and that Obma's birth certificate cannot be found in the records of the State of Hawaii.

I Asked A Lawyer I Had Consulted With To File Divorce Paperwork. I Never Signed An Agreement For Legal Services And They Charged Me.?
I Decided To Not Go Through With The Divorce Can I Get Any Of My Money Back?

You can only get money back that was not earned by the lawyer you asked to do the work for you. It is up to you to inform him the moment you change your mind and decide that you do not want to go through with it. Up until that time, the minute you inform him, you owe all services rendered.

Construction Law On The Eu Level?
Hi, I Can'T Seem To Find A Summary About The The Construction Law (Directives, Regulations) On The European Union Level, Do You Have Any Links, Suggestions? Tnx!

European Society of Construction Law

or contact members of ESCL at

What Constitutes A Legal Will?
Can You Write The Will Yourself Using A Will Outline Or Will-Writing Software. If So, How Does It Become Legal? Do You Need A Notary? Can You Write It Yourself And Then Take It To A Lawyer To Have It Legalized?

Some states do not recognize a will unless it conforms to that state's requirements. Some states require a notary others do not. Some states require a certain number of witnesses. Some states require that that will be signed in a certain procedure. The laws vary by state.

Lawyers do not "legalize" a will. They write a will in accordance with the laws of the state the person resides in. In addition if there is real property/money/stocks/bonds held in another state or in another country the lawyer tailors the will to be in accordance to all the states involved.

Sorry the will writing software can only give you an opportunity to gather your thoughts about how you want to distribute your estate. Software that is not tailored to your state and updated as laws change, does not produce a legal will.