The majority of people today do not think about acquiring a legal professional until they are in desperate need. The legal issue might be personal, like family law, for a breakup or if you are searching for a bankrupcy or trust legal professional. It may be a criminal condition you want to be defended on. Firms want lawyers as well, whether they are being sued for discrimination, sexual harassment, or perhaps unfounded business strategies. Tax law firms are also very helpful any time dealing with government troubles. Just like doctors, lawyers have expertise. A huge, full service law firm has numerous lawyers with unique areas of experience, so relying on your own legal issue, you can immediately retain the most effective lawyer or attorney to meet your existing need without having to begin your search each time you need legal support.It is most effective to find a legal professional you can rely on. You want one with a very good track record, who istruthful, productive, and wins cases. You want to have assurance that they will stand for you accurately and charge you fairly for their products and services. Oftentimes a word of mouth from a good friend or business affiliate can be handy, however you should continue to keep your options open and review all the firms accessible, because when you need to have legal help, you need it immediately and you want the finest you can afford. Thank you for hunting for a lawyer with us. Your time is valuable, and Action Pages, at Actionyp.com, is delighted to produce specific search variables to fulfill your requirements. We constantly make an effort to concentrate on the most popular phrases so you can instantly find anything at all you are looking for.
ACTIONPages is your local directory publisher. Serving markets in Arizona, California, Washington, and Canada. ACTIONPages the best local choice for cost-effective advertising.
Some of the cites we server are,
Should I Be Leary Of Lawyers That Charge Consultation Fees?
I Know, I Know...Time Is Money. However Shouldn'T A Qualified Lawyer Be Able To Give Me Some Indication That My Case Has Merit Over The Phone?
I Spoke With The Lawyer'S Secretary Or Legal Assistant On The Phone (Can'T Remember Which), But Not To Him Directly. After Reviewing The Details Of Our Conversation With Him, She Called Back And Ask If I Would Like To Schedule A Consultation....For $250/Hr.
Now If The Lawyer Truly Believed My Case Had Any Merit, Souldn'T He Offer To Consult With Me For Free?
Or Am I Just Paraniod After Hearing So Many Negative Comments About Lawyers And Their Integrity. Sorry In Advance If My Question Offends Any Lawyers Out There, That Is Truly Not My Intention.
Usually, you can expect a lawyer to review the basic facts with you over the phone, by email etc. If he/she thinks you need to sit down and explain in more detail in order for them to help you and possibly represent you, they will ask you to meet and have a consultation. This visit typically takes 30 min to an hour and you do have to pay for it. If you case is complicated, requires a lengthy explanation, etc. it is not unjustified for them to ask you to come in for a consultation, however, it should be offered to you at a reduced rate or for a set fee (which is lower than their hourly rate). So, if a lawyer in your area typically charges $300 an hour to work on your case, you can expect a consulation charge to be $150-200. Good Luck! And I hope you don't need a lawyer afterall!
Dwi/Dui Australia Visa Acceptance?
My Dwi Was Considered A Misdemenor Not A Felony And It Happened 3 Years Ago( Not Within The Last 12 Months). Do You Think That If I Fill Out All The Right Paper Work That I Will Have A Problem, Getting A Visa To Plan A Visit April 1St? I Have Called Immigrations There But They Will Give Me No Information.. Any One Know Or Can Contact Anyone To Put My Soul At Ease On This Situation. I Have Already Bought My Ticket And Am Very Concerned.. Thanks Rachel
A DWI is a felony in the US. I wish I could put your mind at ease, but I can't. All you can do is apply for the visa and keep your fingers crossed. If you get questioned about it, be honest. That actually works better than trying to hide things...especially since 9/11.
If it makes it any clearer....here is Condoleeza Rice's memo to all consulates regarding DUI/DWI convictions.
R 072132Z JUN 07
FM SECSTATE WASHDC
TO ALL DIPLOMATIC AND CONSULAR POSTS COLLECTIVE
RUEHTRO/AMEMBASSY TRIPOLI 3805
UNCLAS STATE 079496
E.O. 12958: N/A
TAGS: CVIS, CMGT
SUBJECT: GUIDANCE ON PROCESSING VISA APPLICANTS WITH DRUNK DRIVING HITS
1. Summary: This cable clarifies how consular officers should handle cases where an applicants' criminal record shows an arrest or conviction for drunk driving or other alcohol related offence. End summary.
2. Posts generally become aware of drunk driving arrests and convictions after receiving the results of fingerprints taken when an applicant has a CLASS hit. While a drunk driving conviction is not a statutory visa ineligibility, a conviction may indicate that further investigation is needed to determine whether the applicant may in fact be ineligible under Section 212(a)(1)(A)(iii). This applies to applicants who have a physical or mental disorder and demonstrate behavior associated with the disorder that may pose, or has posed, a threat to the property, safety, or welfare of the alien or others.
3. In the case of IV applicants, consular officers must refer the applicant back to the panel physician for additional evaluation. Physicians are evaluating for the presence of a mental disorder previously unnoticed before the physician became aware of the alcohol-related arrest. NIV applicants that have hits with evidence of an alcohol-related arrest or conviction must be referred to panel physicians for evaluation. This must be done even if the panel physician is physically located in another city.
4. After consulting with the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, we have determined that consular officers must refer applicants to panel physicians in two circumstances: (1) an applicant has a single drunk driving arrest or conviction within the last three calendar years or two or more drunk driving arrests or (2) convictions in any time period. Consular officers must also refer applicants to panel physicians if there is any other evidence to suggest an alcohol problem. Consular officers must adhere strictly to these guidelines in determining when a panel physician referral is appropriate.
5. For a finding of eligibility under Section 212(a)(1)(A)(iii), there must be two criteria established by the panel physician: (1) diagnosis of mental disorder (alcohol abuse) and (2) current harmful behavior associated with the mental disorder or a history of harmful behavior associated with the mental disorder that is judged likely to recur in the future. Consular officers should be aware that neither alcohol abuse or (DWI) drunk driving are sufficient grounds for an ineligibility finding under Section 212(a)(1)(A)(iii), a panel physician evaluation is required.
6. Section 9 FAM 40.11 N8.3 will be updated as follows:
While alcoholism constitutes a medical condition, INA 212(a)(1)(A)(iii) does not refer explicitly to alcoholics or alcoholism. Evaluation for alcohol abuse or dependence is included in the evaluation for mental and physical disorders with associated harmful behavior. An alcoholic is not ineligible to receive a visa unless there is harmful behavior associated with the disorder that has posed, or is likely to pose, a threat to the property, safety, or welfare of the alien or others. To ensure proper evaluation, you must refer applicants to panel physicians when they have a single drunk driving arrest or conviction within the last three calendar years or two or more drunk driving arrests or convictions in any time period. You also must refer cases to a panel physician if there is any other evidence to suggest an alcohol problem.
Can A Single Parent On Benefits Get Legal Aid?
Father Wants Parental Responsibility.
I would assume so since legal aide is based on ability to pay or not to pay... Call legal aide in your area and ask them if they handle cases like you are talking about, and ask them this question.
Honestly in my area they will not do child custody cases unless there is an active PFA in effect, or there is a case with social services..
Driving Under The Influence?
What Do Police Officers Use To Determine That Someone Has Been Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol?
The first thing is observation (driving behavior, odor of intoxicants, slurred speech, bloodshot eyes)
The next is field sobriety (walking in a straight line, picking up one leg and balancing, finger to nose, reciting the alphabet, etc.)
And finally, an evidentary test. This could be a test of breath, blood, or urine.
I'M Looking For Highly Train Professional Car Accident Attorneys,Who Extremely Expert For Car Accident. At La County California
Please Give Me A Respond As Soon As You Can.
There is an organization; Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles,look them up in the phone book and they offer a referral service. No cost.
Is A 5,500 Dollar Lawyer For An Assault Charge Expensive But Worth It If I Want To Keep A Clean Record?
Philips & Associates, Inc.
if it keeps it off your record and it's felony assault, you'll be ahead that much on salary on the first job you don't get turned down for.