Top Ten
Legal Directory in San Luis Obispo

Home | Main Page | Advertise With Us | Sitemap


Legal Directory in
93401, 93402, 93403, 93405, 93406, 93407, 93408, 93409, 93410, 93412
Finding A Highly Skilled Lawyer Regardless of what your legal needs are you will find that there are countless lawyers in the area that advertise they specialize in your sort of case. This could make the entire process of finding one with quite a lot of experience a bit of a challenge. However, when you follow the following you will be able to narrow down your quest off to the right one in almost no time. The initial step is to make a selection of the lawyers which can be listed in your town that specialize in your circumstances. When you are making this list you need to only include those you have an effective vibe about according to their advertisement. Then you can narrow this list down by using a bit of time evaluating their website. There you will be able to find just how many years they have been practicing and some general information about their success rates. At this time your list ought to have shrunken further to the people which you felt had professional websites along with an appropriate volume of experience. You must then take the time to search for independent reviews of every attorney. Be sure to browse the reviews instead of just depending on their overall rating. The info inside the reviews will give you a solid idea of how they connect to the clientele and how much time they invest into each case they are focusing on. Finally, you should talk with at least the final three lawyers which have the credentials you would like. This gives you time to really evaluate how interested these are in representing your case. It is actually vital that you follow most of these steps to ensure that you find a person that has the best degree of experience to help you get the ideal outcome.

ACTIONPages is your local directory publisher. Serving markets in Arizona, California, Washington, and Canada. ACTIONPages the best local choice for cost-effective advertising.
Some of the cites we server are, California Grover Beach | Pismo Beach | Nipomo | Arroyo Grande | San Luis Obispo | SLO | Morro Bay | Los Osos Orcutt Ojai Arizona | Lake Havasu | Kingman | Bullhead | Prescott | Payson | Show Low | Snowflake | Taylor | Flagstaff Sedona | Cottonwood | Camp Verde | Williams | Washington | Skagit | Whatcom | Bellingham | Ferndale Lynden Mount Vernon | Sedro Woolley | Burlington | Oak Harbor | Anacortes | Camano Island | Stanwood | Arlington Langley Clinton | San Juan Islands | BC | Duncan | Port Alberni | Comox | Courtney | Campbell River | Parksville | Langley Maple ridge | Chilliwack | Abbotsford | Mission | Whistler | Squamish | Sunshine Coast | Terrace | Kitimat | Smithers Prince Rupert | Prince George | Williams Lake | Quesnel | Sidney | Victoria | Alberta | Red Deer | Lloydminster | Ontario | Sudbury | Sault Ste Marie | North Bay | Timmins | Muskoka | Gravenhurst | Parry Sound | Huntsville | Kingston | Belleville | Cornwall | Brockville | Dundas | Pembroke | Renfrew | Smith Falls | Cobourg

Free Reverse Phone Lookups?
I Really Want To Doa Reverse Phone Lookup, But Every Site I Go To, Want To Go To Charges A Fee.. I'Ve Actually Paid A Fee Before And Didn'T Get The Information At All, Is There Any Way That Is Completely Free To Get A Phone Lookup?

Hey mate,

I don't believe it's possible to gain access to peoples information for free - due to legal reasons (I'm not a lawyer so you might want to look it up).

But I just did a search and found this site, it says it offers free information - but, like all of these kind of sites it also offers a paid option.

If you're interested the address is:

If that's not what you're after, just have a quick look on google. But don't expect to get any free reverse phone lookup services.. unless they're illegal/shady, they literally can't provide you with the information legally for free.

Sorry if this has made no sense. :P.



Should I Stay Or Quit My Job & Would I Be Protected Under Employment Laws?
I Have Been Working For This Company For Almost 3 Years. (Georgia - At-Will) 2 Years Of Which Have Been On Salary. I Received My W-2 This Month And Noticed A Difference In The Taxes Withheld And The Taxes Reported On My W-2. I Addressed This Problem To Him 4 Times And Finally He Took The Time To Look It Over. He Basically Said The Cpa Was Not Doing Their Job And Did Not Put The Correct Amount On My W-2 For Medicare & Ss. Well I Took My Information To My Cpa And They Told Me That He Took Money Out For Federal And State And He Claims He Did Not. I Am At A Dead End. I Know It Sounds Confusing But The Bottom Line Is He Took Money From My Paycheck For Taxes That Never Went To Taxes. I Never Receive Paystubs, Even When Requested, So I Had Nothing To Compare To. Even When I Made Hourly I Never Received Over-Time Pay. Since Becoming Salary Paid 1.5 Years Ago, I Am Entitled To Over-Time Pay Because I Make Under 24,000 A Year. I Know That If I Take Action To Rectify The Problems He Will Make It So Miserable For Me To Be Here That I Will Quit. What Should I Do? I Know That Theres No Way For Anyone To Know What Will Happen For Sure But Some Input Would Be Nice! Should I Stay And File Complaints Or Quit And File Complaints?

just wanted to clarify one thing
FLSA does NOT cover all employers.... so the laws that FLSA relate to may be irrelevant in your case.
so in Georgia for any-and-all businesses that are not covered by FLSA the minimum wage is $5.15 NOT $7.25.
to understand who is covered by FLSA:

if you do not receive a pay-stub how do you know there is a mistake on your W-2?
are you guessing or have you kept some records?
Federal law and the law in Georgia does NOT mandate that a pay-stub be provided to you.
the law does require certain records to be maintained and what information must be in those records but it does NOT state that a pay-stub must be provided to you.
the employer must be able to provide this information if it is required by the department of labor, attorney general or the courts in Georgia.

contact the SSA and IRS for assistance...they can help you determine if your employer has paid in everything they have withheld.

as far as whether or not you are an exempt employee and whether or not you should be receiving overtime you need to contact the state department of labor. the department of labor in Georgia does NOT do much and for the most part they simply allow other agencies deal with these types of issues.

to quit or to stay:
quitting a job for non-payment of wages or because an employer retaliates against you for filing a legal complaint is "good cause" and shouldn't prevent you from drawing benefits. the problem is there is no way to know for sure until you quit and apply.

it would be better for you to contact all the different regulatory agencies that may need to assist you such as the state DOL, IRS and SSA then if the employer does retaliate you are covered.
if you quit now and it turns out the employer did not do anything wrong or did do something wrong but would not have retaliated you won't be covered.
you can't quit because you think the employer might do something retaliatory unless you have proof that in the past that is what has happened.

New Jersey Bar Association?
Hey I'M In 10Th Grade But Know What I Want To Be When I Go Into College. A Lawyer. Believe Me I Have Though It Over And I Have Decided So Now I Want To Ask This. I Plan On Trying To Get Into William And Mary In Williamsburg And I Think I Can I Am Doing Very Well In High School Thus Far. But Heres The Thing. I Would Want To Work In Nj At A Firm Or Maybe New York But Yeah This Would Be Where I Would Wanna Work, The Tri-State Area. I Live In Central Jersey And Plan On Living Here A Long Time. So Heres The Question: If I Go To College And Law School Down In Virginia And Want To Work In Nj/Ny, Don'T I Have To Take The Bar Exam In Either New York Or New Jersey? How Does This Work Exactly?

Going to law school gets you a law degree, a J.D., and you are free to take the bar for any state. The NJ and NY bars are different, with the NY bar having eight more sections. An attorney friend gave me a piece of advice: take the multistate PA bar, because NY honors it and you can circumvent having to take the NY bar itself, which is arguably much harder. Good luck, and my advice, I'd start prepping for the LSATS now haha, I just finished with them and they suck.

My Legal Insurance Appointed A Solicitor To Defend A Case Filed Against Me For Not Completing A Purchase.?
The Solicitor Represented Me And The Case Lasted For Nearly 2 Years. Finally The Case Was Settled Outside The Court And The Solicitor Recommended To Accept The Offer. The Solicitor Is Asking Me To Pay All The Legal Costs As The Terms Of The Policy Mention That The Reasonable Offer Has To Be Accepted Which I Did And Next Term Is All Effor Need To Be Made To Recover Legal Costs. I Asked Solicitor To Make Effort To Recover Legal Costs But Builder Refused The Pay The Legal Costs. The Total Cost Of The Solicitor Is Within The Cover Limit But Still Solicitor Is Asking Me To Pay Hefty Thousands Of Pounds Although I Had Mentioned In Several Emails To Her That I Do Not Have Any Money To Fund This Legal Case And Make Sure What Ever She Is Doing Falls Within The Limit Of My Insurance. I Would Not Have Employed Any Solicitor If I Knew I Will Require The Money And Represented Myself But As Insurance Approved The Cover And The Solicitor Gave The Impression That I Am Covered Upto 50000 Under My Home Insurance I Went Along With The Solicitor Appointed By The Insurance. The Settlement Of The Case Is In The Form Of Shares In A Property Owned By 20 Purchasers So I Do Not Even Have Access To The Money Till That Property Is Sold Which May Be After Several Years. I Did Not Sign Any Contract With The Solicitor As I Had Been Constantly Reminding Her That Legal Costs Should Be Covered My Insurance And I Can Not Afford Any Costs. Any Suggestion? I Am Thinking Of Writing To Law Society And Bar Association For This Misguidance And Probably To Financial Ombudsman To Complaint About This Insurance Policy.

Reporting another regulated person or firm
To report the misconduct of a solicitor, firm or other person regulated by us, please complete our report form, or contact us directly.

If you are unhappy with the service you have received from a firm or legal adviser, first contact your adviser or the person dealing with complaints in the firm. If you remain unsatisfied, you may contact the Legal Ombudsman. The Legal Ombudsman deals with all complaints about service provided by the legal profession. You can find information about how to make a complaint about service on the Legal Ombudsman’s website. If your complaint about service includes issues of possible misconduct, the Legal Ombudsman may refer those issues to us.

If you are regulated by us, you have an obligation to report to us in some cases.

What we do

The primary responsibility for ensuring compliance with regulatory obligations rests with the firm itself. We may decide to investigate you as an individual where, for example, there is evidence of personal culpability.

If we decide a rule or regulation has been breached, the outcome will depend on the gravity of the breach. Where we find a breach of a rule against an individual the outcome depends on the type of regulated person. We do not have the power to award compensation.

There are cases where we decide not to investigate, and some issues are generally excluded from investigation.

We acknowledge all initial reports of information by

thanking you for providing the information
confirming how we handle your information, and
explaining that we do not usually stay in contact with people providing information and the reasons why.
Sometimes we may decide to contact you again if

we believe that you have, or have access to, further information which we need to take the right action, and/or
we think you may be required to act as a witness or to provide a witness statement.
Read more about our approach to handling information that you have sent to us.

Your obligation to report
If you are regulated by us, you must (subject, where necessary, to your client's consent) report to us if

you become aware of serious misconduct by a solicitor, a registered European lawyer (REL), a registered foreign lawyer (RFL), a recognised body, a manager of a recognised body, or employee of a recognised body or recognised sole practitioner,

you have reason to doubt the integrity of a solicitor, REL, RFL, or a manager of a recognised body or recognised sole practitioner,

you have reason to believe that a solicitor, REL, RFL, a recognised body, a manager of a recognised body, or firm is in serious financial difficulty which could put the public at risk.
Your obligation to report is outlined in rule 20.06 of the Solicitors' Code of Conduct 2007.

Issues generally excluded from investigation
As a matter of policy, generally, we do not investigate these issues:

Conduct outside practice where there is no evidence of a conviction or finding by a court, tribunal or regulatory body

Employee disputes in law firms

Partnership disputes, unless the interests of clients are adversely affected or there is a finding of a court or tribunal

Non-payment of agent or expert fees, unless there is a judgment against the regulated person for non-payment relating to their legal practice

Allegations of conflict in current or pending litigation where one party seeks to prevent an individual from acting

Allegations from lending institutions of a failure to hand over deeds or papers to which the lender is entitled, unless the lender has already made a successful application to the court

Reports of misconduct from regulated person about another, unless they involve alleged serious misconduct, or are made on the instructions of a client, or are made to protect the interests of an identifiable client who has an interest in the outcome

Allegations of misconduct made more than six months after the alleged misconduct or where there is a clear alternative legal remedy available not yet pursued
Non-payment of Counsel's fees, unless reported by the Bar Council on the basis that an individual has failed to comply with a decision from the Joint Tribunal or that an individual or firm has become subject to the Bar's Withdrawal of Credit Scheme

We do not exclude allegations of discrimination or dishonesty.

Our service standards
We tackle unacceptable performance, misconduct and dishonesty by taking firm, fair and timely action. As far as possible, our processes are open and transparent.

If you have reported an individual or firm and you are unhappy with our response, you can complain to us.

Lawyer Fees, $10,000?
Case Is Sexual Assault. Lawyer Charges Us $10G. Is This Really How They Charge Here? I'M Just New In States U Know.

I doubt that's the total fee - its probably just a retainer. You could end up paying a lot more than that. You will really, really want to make sure you know exactly how you will be charged and how that $10k will cover and what it will be used for.

Is My Job In Violation Of Labor Laws?
I Currently Work Third Shift And Just Recently Our Supervisor Has Taken Away Our 15-Minute Break Periods, Citing That Due To Work Performance Issues That This Decision Had To Be Made. He Said That &Quot; He Was Doing Us A Favor&Quot; In Giving Us The Breaks. We Work 10-Hour Shifts And At Times, Are Mandated To Stay Up To 2 Hours After We Are Scheduled To Leave Work. I Was Always Told That If We Work More Than Four Hours On A Shift That We Are To Receive 2 15-Minute Breaks As Well As Our 30-Minute Lunch Break. Has My Employer Violated Any Labor Laws? I Reside And Work In Indiana And Thank You In Advance For Your Help.

Not labor laws by the State or Federal government.
However he may have violated contract law for the type of work done and where it is done or Union terms.

I also work 3'rd shift and can have 8, 10 , or 12 hour shifts +30 mins for meal. Our contract with the client only says we must take 30 mins away from our station for meals. Hence the 10.5 hr shift is only paid 10. No breaks are written into the contract, however common sense allows us to take responsible small breaks to limit fatigue.

BTY per the Dept of Labor breaks are not required as mentioned above. This is a per company / contract issue.
Work Hours


Breaks & Meal Periods
Flexible Schedules
Family & Medical Leave
Full-time Employment
Job Sharing
Night Work & Shift Work
Part-time Employment
Recordkeeping & Reporting
Sick Leave
Seasonal Employment
Travel Time
Vacation Leave
Weekend Work

Breaks & Meal Periods

DOL Web Pages on This Topic
Laws and Regulations on This Topic

Federal law does not require lunch or coffee breaks. However, when employers do offer short breaks (usually lasting about 5 to 20 minutes), federal law considers the breaks as compensable work hours that would be included in the sum of hours worked during the work week and considered in determining if overtime was worked. Unauthorized extensions of authorized work breaks need not be counted as hours worked when the employer has expressly and unambiguously communicated to the employee that the authorized break may only last for a specific length of time, that any extension of the break is contrary to the employer's rules, and any extension of the break will be punished.

Bona fide meal periods (typically lasting at least 30 minutes), serve a different purpose than coffee or snack breaks and, thus, are not work time and are not compensable.