Top 10
Legal Questions in San Luis Obispo

Home | Main Page | Advertise With Us | Sitemap


Legal Questions in
93401, 93402, 93403, 93405, 93406, 93407, 93408, 93409, 93410, 93412
Finding A Seasoned Lawyer Regardless of what your legal needs are you will find that there are countless lawyers in the area that advertise which they specialize in your kind of case. This could make the whole process of finding one with quite a lot of experience a bit of a challenge. However, if you follow the tips below you will be able to define your search to the right one in very little time. Step one is to produce a list of the lawyers which can be listed in your neighborhood focusing on your situation. While you are which makes this list you need to only include those which you have a great vibe about according to their advertisement. After that you can narrow this list down by taking a bit of time evaluating their webpage. There you should be able to find the number of years they are practicing plus some general specifics of their success rates. At this point your list ought to have shrunken further to the people that you felt had professional websites and an appropriate amount of experience. You must then spend some time to lookup independent reviews of each and every attorney. Make sure to see the reviews instead of just depending on their overall rating. The data in the reviews will provide you with an idea of the way they connect to their clientele and the time they invest into each case that they are working on. Finally, you will need to talk with at least the last three lawyers which have the credentials you are interested in. This will provide you with the time to truly evaluate how interested they are in representing you and your case. It really is important to follow most of these steps to ensure that you find a person that has the proper amount of experience to help you the perfect outcome.

ACTIONPages is your local directory publisher. Serving markets in Arizona, California, Washington, and Canada. ACTIONPages the best local choice for cost-effective advertising.
Some of the cites we server are, California Grover Beach | Pismo Beach | Nipomo | Arroyo Grande | San Luis Obispo | SLO | Morro Bay | Los Osos Orcutt Ojai Arizona | Lake Havasu | Kingman | Bullhead | Prescott | Payson | Show Low | Snowflake | Taylor | Flagstaff Sedona | Cottonwood | Camp Verde | Williams | Washington | Skagit | Whatcom | Bellingham | Ferndale Lynden Mount Vernon | Sedro Woolley | Burlington | Oak Harbor | Anacortes | Camano Island | Stanwood | Arlington Langley Clinton | San Juan Islands | BC | Duncan | Port Alberni | Comox | Courtney | Campbell River | Parksville | Langley Maple ridge | Chilliwack | Abbotsford | Mission | Whistler | Squamish | Sunshine Coast | Terrace | Kitimat | Smithers Prince Rupert | Prince George | Williams Lake | Quesnel | Sidney | Victoria | Alberta | Red Deer | Lloydminster | Ontario | Sudbury | Sault Ste Marie | North Bay | Timmins | Muskoka | Gravenhurst | Parry Sound | Huntsville | Kingston | Belleville | Cornwall | Brockville | Dundas | Pembroke | Renfrew | Smith Falls | Cobourg

What Happens On A First Offense Dwi In The State Of North Carolina?
Could The Charge Be Dismissed Just Because Of A Having A Good Criminal Record Prior To The Offense? Help, I'M Scared, I Know I Made A Bad Choice,,,But Trust Me I Learned My Lesson...It'S Shameful Because The Troopers Got Me At A Road Check...Where Alll Of My Co-Workers And Friends Could See Me Handcuffed....I Wasn'T The Only One Taken In That Night.. : (

Level 5 DWI.
1). License suspended for a year.
2). Fines up to $1000 but usually a couple hundred dollars plus court cost.
3). 30 days in jail suspended with 24 hours community service or 24 hours of confinement in jail.
4). You will have to take an alcohol assessment and follow any treatment program recommended following the assessment. You will have to pay for this too.
5). You will have to pay for a vehicle interlock system to be installed in your vehicle if you blew a 0.16 or higher. This is a small breath test instrument you will have to blow into in order to drive your car.
6). If you are caught driving a motor vehicle under the influence while your license is suspended for this DWI your car will be seized and auctioned off. The proceeds will go to the school system.
7). Unless you refused you will be eligible for limited driving privilege.

I think those are the highlights of a Level 5 DWI (first offense). I might of forgot one but that should be pretty accurate. The charge will not be thrown out because of your prior good behavior. NC takes DWI very seriously and will prosecute you for it. Sorry if your friends watched you get handcuffed but you probably should have caught a ride with one of them (if they did not get arrested they were probably sober). It's not the Trooper's fault, he's just doing his job.

Talk to a lawyer.

Oh yes, your insurance is going to go through the roof. Even if you beat the charge your insurance company is going to jack up the cost because they will see the 30 day suspension on your driving record (for failing the Intoxilyzer when you got arrested) next time they check your record. They will consider you a greater risk.

What Is A Law Firm Called Munger Tulsen & Knos Or Something That Sounds Like That?
Its A Law Firm In La I Think Its Runned By A Man Named O'Maley I Think It Has To Do With Real Estate

You're close -- the firm is Munger, Tolles & Olson. Here's their website:

They do Real Estate work, and also Bankruptcy, Corporate, Environmental, Labor, Litigation, and Tax.

They are extremely prestigious and, according to Vault (a publication about law firms), one of the hardest places in the country to get a job (it's not enough to go to go a top school and have good grades -- they want a good personality and love Rhodes Scholars and Supreme Court clerks).

Let me know if you have other questions about them; I have two friends who work for them and I also interviewed to work there.

Will District Attorney Deal With A Small Check?
I Have A Question. First Off I Am An Independant Consultant.. I Sent A Refund To A Client In The Form Of A Check For $400.. The Check Didnt Clear Because My Other Bills Pulled Out The Funds. I Am In The Process Of Paying The Client Back ( Always Said I Would) But I Am Waiting On Funds To Hit My Account Then I Will Pay Him Back.. He Is Treatned To Take It To The Da And Prosicute Me.. I Will , Of Course Have It Paid Way Before It Hits The Da.. This Guy Told Me He Will Send Me To Jail.. Even Though I Am Paying Him Back.. My Question Is Will The Da Waste Tax Payers Money Over A $400 Check? Event After I Pay It Off?????

in most states the DA is NOT involved, the complainant signs a warrant and presents the returned check as evidence, a court date is set and a judge will look at the check, and find you guilty, they will add court cost and possibly a fine to the amount owed....
get this taken care of before it gets to this point, once the warrant is signed it is going to cost you at least the $400.00 plus a couple of hundred more in court cost, and if the judge has seen you before on a similar case they will hit you with a fine of up to 2 times as much as the check was for.....

do not even think that the DA is to busy because the DA will have no actual involvement.........

Eeoc & Lawsuits?
Has Anyone Ever Filed A Lawsuit With The Eeoc? I Had Recently Filed A Lawsuit Against A Pervious Employer, They Fired Me Because I Was Pregnant (Had The Baby A Week After They Fired Me). I Wanted To Know Has This Happened To Anyone And How Was It Resolved? Did You Get Any Money? How Much? Did You Get Your Job Back? Did They Have To Pay For Training?

The EEOC (on behalf of the people of the United States of America) files a lawsuit against your former employer if it is deemed that the employer broke the law. You will not be a party to that lawsuit, nor is the lawsuit on your behalf - you will not be awarded damages as a result of the lawsuit. The EEOC lawsuit is a last attempt to make the employer comply with the law in the future and to remedy its past indiscretions. Before filing a lawsuit, the EEOC tries to enter into a "conciliation agreement" with the employer, which is a settlement agreement of sorts between the government and the employer where the employer is penalized for not following the law - there may be fines, education, etc. required of your employer. The EEOC does not collect damages for you - you are essentially out of the picture. If you want damages from your former employer for your specific incident, you will have to get an attorney and file a lawsuit. It helps that the EEOC found in your favor, but not necessarily so. Get an attorney who deals with employment matters regularly. Make sure to do this soon - you have a statute of limitations to meet (the date on which your case is forever barred if a lawsuit is not filed). Good luck -

Nevada Family Law,Can Father Keep Kids From Mother If No Custody Has Been Established? Is This Legal?
Mother Of 2,I Reside In Ohio My Kids In Las Vegas With My Ex Whom I Never Married. I Decided To Keep The Kids Toghther For Finacial Reasons Until I Was On My Feet Again To Do Custody. My Son Is Not My Exes He Has Legal Guardianship,My Daughter Is Ours. There Has Not Been Any Custody As Of Yet. &Quot;We Just Agreed&Quot;. It Has Changed,He Controls Everything And I Have Been To Visit,He Does Not Let Our Kids See Their Mother And I Call All The Time I Barley Get To Talk To Them Just When The Dad Feels Like It. My Only Fault Here Was Being Broke,Not Working As A House Mom When Being With Him,Trying To Get Out Of A Rut Now. I Have Been Told I Need A Lawyer In Lasvegas,Does Anyone Know How I Find A Lawyer That Accepts Payment Plans? Or How I Can Find Someone That Practices Nv Law In Ohio? Or Is There Anything I Can Do Myself To Save Money?At This Point It Is Hurting The Kids And My Ex Thinks He Is And Will Always Be Calling The Shots. I Did This Only With Good Intentions In Mind ,I Thought He Was Too

As SOON as possible, you will need to contact a lawyer who does a lot of family law, and find out what your rights are. In theory, if he has no legal custody of either child, you should be able to get the law on your side and get them back in one fell swoop, at least temporarily. My position would be that he repeatedly refused to return them to you, which is effectively the case at this point. Since he has no custody currently, you may be able to take the kids back to Ohio, absent any court filings to the contrary.

If you do custody in Nevada, and especially if your kids are in school and have been in Nevada for some time, the court may decide that the kids will remain in Nevada permanently. This is because Nevada law provides that custody must be based on the best interests of the child. By statute, Nevada courts do not award custody to a parent simply because she is the mother or he is the father. Rather, there is a legal presumption that joint custody is in the best interest of the child.

Here is the link for the self-help forms that you should look over before talking to the lawyer:

Write a list of questions before you talk to anyone, so that you have them handy. Have the birth certificate info along with the dates you tried to visit/reclaim your children handy for the lawyer.

There is a good chance that you will have to move to Vegas, at least temporarily (if not permanently) if you are to regain custody of your kids.

I picked these four attorneys out of the LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell directory based on their backgrounds, in my order of preference. I have not met these lawyers, but the first two certainly look like they could get the job done for you.

Allison L. Herr
725 South Eighth Street, Suite B
Las Vegas, Nevada 89101
Phone: 702-735-4377
Fax: 702-759-0480
Email: Allison L. Herr

Patricia L. Vaccarino
6600 West Charleston, Suite 102
Las Vegas, Nevada 89146
Phone: 702-258-8007
Fax: 702-258-8840

Rebecca A. Miller, Esq.
Schofield Miller Law Firm
528 S. Casino Center Blvd., 3rd Floor
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Office: 702-474-4444
Fax: 702-474-4449

Law Offices of Brian J. Steinberg, Ltd.
2250 Rancho Drive, Suite 215
Las Vegas, Nevada 89102
Phone: 702-436-5363
Fax: 702-436-5364

or you could try the Lawyer Referral & Information Service of the State Bar of Nevada - You also may qualify for a reduced fee attorney...

Best of luck. Remember, this is for the long haul, so it will require an investment of time and money.

Best Maine Divorce Attorney?
Who Are Some Of The Best Divorce / Family Law Attorneys In Maine? is a site for finding attorneys where you are located who handle your type of case. It rates the attorneys, too.

However, within the legal community the ratings are considered more an indicator of hourly fee than of competence. Any attorney who’s been rated at all, even not very highly, should represent you well. Those who are unrated may lack experience.