Finding A Seasoned Lawyer No matter what your legal needs are you will recognize that there are loads of lawyers in your neighborhood that advertise that they focus on your sort of case. This can make the process of finding one with significant amounts of experience a bit of a challenge. However, in the event you follow the tips below it will be possible to limit your quest to the right one out of very little time. The initial step is to make a selection of the lawyers that are listed in your neighborhood focusing on your needs. When you are which makes this list you ought to only include those that you may have a great vibe about based on their advertisement. Then you can narrow this list down by using a little while evaluating their webpage. There you should be able to find just how many years they have been practicing and several general information regarding their success rates. At this moment your list ought to have shrunken further to people that you just felt had professional websites plus an appropriate quantity of experience. You should then make time to look up independent reviews of each attorney. Make sure you read the reviews rather than just counting on their overall rating. The data in the reviews will provide you with an idea of the way that they connect with the clientele and the time they invest into each case they are concentrating on. Finally, you will want to meet with a minimum of the past three lawyers who have the credentials you are interested in. This gives you time to really evaluate how interested they are in representing your case. It can be crucial for you to follow most of these steps to ensure that you find someone containing the right amount of experience to obtain the ideal outcome.
ACTIONPages is your local directory publisher. Serving markets in Arizona, California, Washington, and Canada. ACTIONPages the best local choice for cost-effective advertising.
Some of the cites we server are,
Are There Any Free Legal Aid Lawyers That Can Help Me?
My Abuser Has Court Date On August Of 2013. The Last Incident Happened 3 Months Ago. My Abuser Had Hired A Private Lawyer, They Both Went To Court To Drop The Warrant(He Had Warrant), The Judge Gave Him A $2,000 Bail, But My Abuser Ended Up Posting It. The Judge Also Ordered Him To Not Contact Me And Stay Away From Me. Just Recently On June I Had Contacted Him, We Spoke And He Told Me How Really Sorryhe Was, Crying Over The Phone Telling Me He Was Going To Propose To Me. I Kept Contact With Him At Least For Two Weeks Until I Finally Realized Many That'S When I Completely Stopped Calling And Texting Him, Sent Him A Couple Of Pics. But He Never Replied Back To None Of My Texts. He Would Rather Have Me Call Him When He Would Say So, If He Wanted Pics From Me, I Would Send It To Him. He Just Never Replied Back To Any Of My Texts. As Soon As I Stopped Calling Him And Texting Him, Two Days After He Calls Me From A Payphone(Instead Of His Phone), I Asked Him Why Was He Calling Me If I Had Already Made It Clear To Him That I No Longer Wanted To Speak To Him Anymore. He Asked Me To Do Him A &Quot;Favor&Quot;, For Me To Call Him Back So We Can &Quot;Speak&Quot;. I Never Called Him Back. It Was At Least 4 To 5 Days I Didn'T Do Him That Favor. My Mom Had Came From Worcester To Visit Me And My Daughter(He Is The Father To Her), Me And My Mom Were At The Bus Terminal And Out Of Nowhere My Abuser Comes And Approaches Me And My Babygirl, Tells Me That He Just Wanted To Say Hi And Then Gave A Kiss To His Daughter And Left. After That I Really Didn'T Feel Comfortable Him Approaching Me Out Of Nowhere(Especially That He Had Just Been Told By A Judge Recently Not To Contact Me And To Stay Away From Me). There Is No Restraining Order In Place, So It Makes Me Believe He Took Full Advantage Of That. The Next Day Aftet He Approached Me, I Had Called Him And Told Him To Please Not Approach Me Like That Anymore, He Got Upset And Started Asking Me Why, If All He Wanted To Do Was See His Daughter.
Get an attorney asap. For your own protection, get an attorney.
THE best way to find a lawyer is by word of mouth. Ask your: family, friends, coworkers, anyone you might know in the same situation, etc.
Call your local (usually county) bar association. Ask for names of attorneys that handle your type of matter. (If money is a BIG problem, you could also ask for the phone number of your local LegalAid office. - the attorneys at LegalAid are "real" attorneys, but sometimes in the field of Law, how much you are willing to pay does affect the quality you get.)
When you call the law office(s), insist on speaking with the Lawyer. Just tell the Secretary the main idea of your matter - do not tell all the little details of your matter to the Secretary - save the details for the Attorney. When you get the Lawyer on the phone line, ask him/her:
- Do they give >>>FREE, initial consultations for the FIRST meeting? (most do, but not all - you have to ask, don't assume)
- How much do they charge (per hour)?
- Could you make payments on your account?
- Can they help you? OR Refer you to someone who can help you?
(This is based on my knowledge, information, belief, and life experiences. This was intended as personal opinion, and not intended to be used as legal advice. Seeking advice over the Internet is not a good idea - the field of Law is too complex for that. Please be careful and do your research.)
Married Getting Separated. How To Go About Getting Alimony?
I Know Some One Who Is Separating With There Husband How Can She Get Alimony? A Lawyer? The Court House? Please Help.
a lawyer, but most of the time, depending on the situation as to how long you have been married and if you had a job during all or most of the marriage and if you have a job, how much you get paid. these are all the factors they look at. most of the time, in a regular divorce, you can only get about 6 mos. of alimony, if that.
Question For Patent Lawyer/Attorney On Career?
Hi, Im A Student In College Right Now Extremely Interested In Becoming A Patent Lawyer But I Have A Ton Of Questions:
1) What Is It Like To Be A Patent Lawyer
2) What Does A Typical Day Look Like
3) Im Going To Get A Degree In Biochemistry, Does It Matter What Science I Choose? Are My Career Options Limited Rather Than Majoring In Engineering?
4) What Is The Starting Salary In New York?
5) Is Law School Required To Become A Patent Attorney?
6) When Should I Take The Patent Bar?
7) How Do I Get An Internship For A Patent Attorney?
Also, Any Additional Websites Would Be Helpful As Well.
And If You Can, You Dont Have To, But Anyone Who Is A Patent Attorney, Could You Leave Your Email So I Can Email You If I Have Any Questions. (Optional)
Thanks So Much!
1. It's great if you like science. For one thing, you get to work in a lot of different scientific areas instead of getting pigeonholed into one area. Second, you make a lot more money than you ever would as an engineer or scientist. In those fields you often have to stop doing science and get into management in order to advance past a certain point. As a patent attorney you can advance as far as you like and still get to do the interesting work.
2. There are so many different areas you can go into, it's hard to say. You can do patent application preparation and prosecution, you can do transactional work, you can work in acquisitions and due diligence, you can work in licensing, infringement and validity analysis, litigation, writing appeals -- the list is endless. Also your experience will be different depending on whether you choose to work for a corporation or in a law firm.
3. Biochemistry is a good field to be in if you intend to be a patent attorney, because patent attorneys with degrees in biochemistry are in demand. Whether biochemical, chemical, or electrical/mechanical engineers are more in demand varies year-to-year, but don't let that worry you. Take the course of study you love the most; that's the best way to ensure success whether you go on to be an intellectual property or patent attorney, or whether you stay in the scientific field itself. Patent attorneys have usually majored in electrical or mechanical (especially electrical) engineering, chemistry, biology, or biochemistry. I majored in physics.
4. I don't know what the starting salary is these days. When I started in 1993 in Washington, DC I started at $70,000/year at a law firm, but I'm sure the starting salary is much higher than that now.
5. In the United States, yes, you need to be a lawyer in order to become a patent attorney, as well as have a bachelors degree in a scientific field. So of course you have to go to law school. You could be just a patent agent with only a scientific degree, without going to law school, but they usually get paid much less -- when they can get work. Also, any attorney can be a litigator, and litigate intellectual property (patent, copyright, trademark, etc.) cases even if they haven't had a technical degree!
6. Most people take the patent "bar exam" soon after starting work for a law firm or corporation. I took it my final year in law school, which I believe helped me in my job search.
7. Most law students who want to go into intellectual property law get a summer internship at an intellectual property law firm after their second year in law school.
House Insurance... Legal Question?
I Bought A House 11 Years Ago And Have Been Insured Since With The Same Company. Now They Are Telling Me A Part Of The House Was Built Poorly And Therefore I Am Uninsurable And Until That Is Taken Off They Cannot Insure Me. My Question Is Legally How Can They Not Be Liable To Pay When They Insured My Home In The First Place??
Yes. It is legal. The insurance company can require you to correct problems to avoid claims. You have a condition that you are required to comply with their conditions in order to have the policy. You must correct the issues or they will cancel your policy.
If you feel you need help contact the Department of Insurance or Insurance Commissioner in your state.
Bottom line: Do what the insurance company asks you to do if you want to keep the insurance. And, if you don't no other insurance company will take you either.
Looking For &Quot;Paid To Ask Lawyer Expert&Quot; Questions Website?
I Am Looking For A Website Similar To Justanswer. Particular A Site That Lets You Pay A Subscription Fee To Answer Unlimited Amount Of Questions For The Duration Of The Subscription.
Justanswer Won'T Work For Me As I Am Using These Sites For Research Papers And I Would Need To Cite References Of How I Received The Information. Most Lawyers On Justanswer Use A Pen Name.
I Was Looking At Lawguru But They Don'T Have A Subscription Plan For People Asking Lots Of Questions.
Thank In Advance.
Most lawyers will be able to give you answers that cite to another authority, rather than having to cite the lawyer's opinion itself. Just be sure you don't end up plagiarizing in the process, which can be easy to do by accident when looking at someone else's analysis of sources that you are citing.
Where Can I Get An Official Power Of Attorney For Health Care?
Where Can I Get &Quot;A Power Of Attorney For Healthcare &Quot; At No Cost To Me? Is This Possible Or Do I Have To Pay To Get It Set Up?
You can get an official power of attorney for health care at the website (Legal Forms Bank) below. Once you have the health care power of attorney form then you just fill in the blanks, print, and sign in black ink. You can view two different kind of power of attorney samples also on that page.