How To Find A Top Rated Attorney
Looking For Attorney in San Luis Obispo

Home | Main Page | Advertise With Us | Sitemap


Looking For Attorney in
93401, 93402, 93403, 93405, 93406, 93407, 93408, 93409, 93410, 93412
Finding A Highly Skilled Lawyer No matter what your legal needs are you will see that there are many lawyers in your neighborhood that advertise that they can specialize in your kind of case. This could make the entire process of finding one with quite a lot of experience a bit of a challenge. However, if you follow the following it is possible to restrict your pursuit on the right one in almost no time. The first step is to make a listing of the lawyers that happen to be listed in your neighborhood specializing in your needs. When you are causeing this to be list you need to only include those that you have a good vibe about based on their advertisement. After that you can narrow this list down by using a bit of time evaluating their webpage. There you should be able to find the number of years they are practicing plus some general specifics of their success rates. At this point your list ought to have shrunken further to people that you just felt had professional websites and an appropriate amount of experience. You must then spend some time to look up independent reviews of each and every attorney. Make sure to look at the reviews rather than relying on their overall rating. The information in the reviews will give you a sense of the direction they connect with their customers and the length of time they invest into each case they are focusing on. Finally, it is advisable to meet with at the very least the last three lawyers which may have the credentials you would like. This will give you some time to genuinely evaluate how interested they may be in representing your case. It really is imperative that you follow most of these steps to ensure that you hire a company which includes the correct measure of experience to obtain the best possible outcome.

ACTIONPages is your local directory publisher. Serving markets in Arizona, California, Washington, and Canada. ACTIONPages the best local choice for cost-effective advertising.
Some of the cites we server are, California Grover Beach | Pismo Beach | Nipomo | Arroyo Grande | San Luis Obispo | SLO | Morro Bay | Los Osos Orcutt Ojai Arizona | Lake Havasu | Kingman | Bullhead | Prescott | Payson | Show Low | Snowflake | Taylor | Flagstaff Sedona | Cottonwood | Camp Verde | Williams | Washington | Skagit | Whatcom | Bellingham | Ferndale Lynden Mount Vernon | Sedro Woolley | Burlington | Oak Harbor | Anacortes | Camano Island | Stanwood | Arlington Langley Clinton | San Juan Islands | BC | Duncan | Port Alberni | Comox | Courtney | Campbell River | Parksville | Langley Maple ridge | Chilliwack | Abbotsford | Mission | Whistler | Squamish | Sunshine Coast | Terrace | Kitimat | Smithers Prince Rupert | Prince George | Williams Lake | Quesnel | Sidney | Victoria | Alberta | Red Deer | Lloydminster | Ontario | Sudbury | Sault Ste Marie | North Bay | Timmins | Muskoka | Gravenhurst | Parry Sound | Huntsville | Kingston | Belleville | Cornwall | Brockville | Dundas | Pembroke | Renfrew | Smith Falls | Cobourg

What Is A Lawyer Consultation For?
I Recently Got A Speeding Citation And Will Have To Go To Court. I Am Considering Using The Free 30-Minute Consultation That Many Lawyers Offer To Go In And Ask The Lawyer Some Basic Questions, Explain My Situation, And Ask How I Can Possibly Get Out Of A Heavy Penalty. As The Cost Of Hiring A Lawyer Would Probably Be Higher Than The Penalty They Give Me, I Am Planning To Only Use This Consultation As A Time To Ask Some Questions, Without The Intent Of Hiring The Lawyer. Is This Not What Consultations Are For? Should I Try To Get A Consultation With The Lawyer, Or Are These Consultations Supposed To Only Be Used To Determine If You Have A Case And Are Considering Hiring The Lawyer? Thank You.

If the lawyer says he'll talk to you for a certain amount of time for free, then he must do so. And he can't waste the time on the frivolous. It must be meaningful time. Most state bars are pretty serious about that.

How much the fine would be, though, isn't what should determine whether you go ahead and spend even MORE than that amount would be on a lawyer.

The goal is to keep from having a criminal conviction on your record. Granted, it's only a speeding ticket, but believe me when I tell you that once you have that ticket on your driving record, you will pay MANY TIMES MORE in increased insurance premiums than what the attorney will cost. In fact, the cost of increased insurance premiums will probably be more, over time, than both what the attorney costs, PLUS the court costs, PLUS the fine.

Trust me on this: HIRE A LAWYER... even on a mere speeding ticket.

I'll tell you when I learned the value of being represented, even only for a mere speeding ticket: Twenty-something years ago, I got a ticket in Chicago (I was living in Northwest Indiana, just 30-something miles from Chicago) at the time. I thought about going in and just handling it myself, but something... I don't know what... just made me go ahead and hire an attorney who not only specializes in traffic matters, but who also practices a lot in the specific court in which I was to appear.

And, oh, what a difference he made! When we walked into the court room, he told me to sit down in the back row and keep my mouth shut. Even if my name was called, he told me, just keep my butt in the chair and my lips sealed tight.

He then walked up to the front of the court room, through the little gates, past everyone, and right up to the prosecutor's table. They clearly knew one another, and joked a little. He then pulled out my file and showed it to her, said about 50 words which I couldn't make out, and next thing I knew they were shaking hands...

...two minutes later the prosecutor was asking the judge to take a case out of order, and it was mine. She moved to have the moving violation reduced to a non-moving violation, and a small fine... no points. The judge asked if I was present and before I could even stop myself from saying I was, my lawyer said he represented me (and, of course, the judge recognized him and greeted him), and next thing I heard was the gavel while the judge said, "so ordered. Next case."

Ten minutes later, I had paid my $50 fine, plus something like $67 in court costs; and five minutes after that I was on out on the sidewalk in front of the courthouse, shaking my lawyer's hand and bidding him adieu. Case closed.

In exchange for the mere $1,000 I paid him, plus the $50 fine and $67 court costs that I paid to the clerk of the court...

...I avoided a conviction for a moving violation which, had I been convicted, would have amounted to four points on my license (on a 12-point scale); and the fine for which would have been about $500 plus the extremely unlikely risk of a day or something like that in jail (which is nearly never ordered). Plus I would still have had to pay the $67 court costs; plus my car insurance premiums, upon that conviction, would have more than doubled... costing, over a period of the next three years over $3,600.

So, you decide: $1,000 for a lawyer plus a little $50 fine, plus $67 in court costs...


...a $500 fine, plus $67 in court costs, plus a MINIMUM of $3,600 in increased premiums over a MINIMUM of the next three years (probably longer, which means probably more).

Of course, that was all twenty-something years ago... so instead of my numbers, above, use whatever all those numbers would be TODAY. Probably DOUBLE!

So, again, TRUST ME: Get a lawyer. Don't just do the freebie consultation, HIRE him/her.

Or so it is my advice.

Hope that helps.

What Are The Areas Of Practice For A Commercial Litigation Law Firm?
I Am Applying For A Position With A Law Firm That Handles Commercial Liability. Does Anyone Know What Commercial Liability Is Exactly? In What Areas Do The Attorneys Typically Practice?

I practice commercial litigation. Essentially we do resolve disputes between persons or entities that involve contracts, fiduciariy duties, fraud. Usually the cases involve breach of contract and all of the other issues that go along with it, such as misrepresentation, fraud, unjust enrichment, negligent misrepresentation. We also get into some professional liability issues. Did you take UCC? If so, that pretty much covers most of the issues. However, many firms that practice commercial litigation really practice more than what is truly "commercial" and do more general litigation work, even torts or some white collar defense.

Bankruptcy Do I Need An Attorney To Collect Unpaid Wages In A Bankruptcy Settlement?
After 7 Years Employed At A Firm They Locked Their Doors Last Thursday. Chapter 11 Happens This Week. 7/1 Payroll Did Not Happen, And I Am A Sales Person Paid Upon Invoice So I Also Lost Any Potentials Wages On Future Work.

First of all, apply for unemployment compensation.

You don't need an attorney, but you do need to file a proof of claim form with the court.

Contact the clerk of the local bankruptcy court.
You can find it here.

Ask them for the exact title and docket number of the case.

This is the form

Ask the court clerk if there is anything else you need to know to file your claim - such as a correct address, deadline, etc.

Does A Landlord Have To Replace Carpet In An Apartment With Pets?
I Live In Tempe, Arizona In A Small Studio Apartment (About 400 Sq Ft). I'Ve Been Told From Multiple People That In The State Of Arizona Legally My Apartment Management Has To Replace The Carpet Because There Were Pets, Regardless Of Any Stains Or Damage (So Dander And Odors Won'T Linger). This Being Said, There Is One Pet Related Stain On My Carpet And My Management Is Trying To Tell Me To Leave I Have To Pay $500 To Get The Carpet Replaced. So I Am Confused About This Because If What I Have Heard From People Is True, They Took Me On Knowing I Had Pets (I Paid A Non-Refundable $50 Pet Deposit On Top Of The Regular Deposit And Have Been Paying $45 A Month For Pet Rent), Which Should In Turn Mean That They Should Replace The Carpet And I Shouldn'T Have To Fund It (If This Law Is Actually Real), Right? They Never Told Me Up Front Anything Along The Lines Of Having To Pay For New Carpet Even If There Isn'T Any Damage For The Mere Fact I Have Pets. And If This Is A Requirement That I Have To Pay It, Shouldn'T My Pet Deposit Just Have Been More? I Am So Confused At This Because Basically Even If The Stain Wasn'T There It Sounds Like It Would Need To Be Replaced Anyway Which Does Make Sense To Me As The Next Person Who Lives Here May Have Pet Allergies, For Instance. Does Anyone Have Any More Information On This? Any Ideas? Do We Know If This Is Indeed A Law? I Don'T Feel I Should Have To Pay For It If It Is, They Should Have Told Me Up Front If I Was Required To. In My Opinion, It'S There Deal And I'M Not Forking Out $500 For It.

Here is the legal information of Arizona.
Does a landlord have to replace carpet in an apartment with pets? - No
Is it in the rental agreement you signed? That would take precedence in a case like this.
Pet rent includes both groundskeeping and extra apartment wear.
Now, if there is a carpet stain that is not considered part of normal wear (pet accident), without giving details, after reading through the rental agreement, you can ask about the age of the carpet and whether they intend to replace it when you move out. You are not responsible for normal wear. If they do not intend to replace at their expense, you have the carpet cleaned to the point of not showing any sign of damage.
They do not have to tell you anything up front, because the verbal would not be provable one way or the other. Read the agreement in detail.

Divorce And Custody Question?
My Husband And I Are Considering Divorce. We Have Twin 3 Year Olds. He Plans To Request Joint Custody. I Wouldn'T Have A Problem With That If He Spent Time With His Children Now. He Is Scheduled To Keep The Kids While I Work One Day A Week, But He Usually Says He Can'T Because He'S Tired, Or Plans Something Else. This Year They'Ve Went To Daycare On His Day More Than He Has Kept Them. He Hardly Ever Sees Them. I Get Them Up Everyday, Take Them To Daycare On Their Scheduled Days, I Spend The Evenings With Them, Cook Dinner, Give Them Their Baths And Put Them To Bed. My Children Are Very Attached To Me And I Know They Couldn'T Handle Overnight Stays Without Me. I Am Their Routine. Will These Things Be Taken Into Consideration? I Don'T Mind Him Seeing Them, But I Worry About How Traumatic It Will Be At This Age. I Think They Could Handle It Better If They Were A Little Older.

The divorce alone will be a change for the kids, so their routine is going to change regardless of what their father does. What matters most is whether their father will live up to the obligations set by the court and why he's asking for joint custody. Is it because joint custody would mean lower or no child support? or because he genuinely wants to spend time with his kids? It's definitely something to bring up with the court and your lawyer. Make sure that anyone involved knows that it's not a matter of you not wanting him to see his kids, but that he isn't a "parent" as he should be and that you don't believe he has proven that he will actually live up to those obligations to his kids. The court may order to review the situation for a while and keep track of his visitation and the arrangements, but generally if you live close to each other, joint custody is very common.

Do Lawyers Work Hard ?
I Mean When They Dnt Have Cases To Handle What Do They Do ? And Also Is It That Hard To Prepare A Case ? Last Question : Do They Improvise In Court ? Or Everything Is Prepared ?

Lawyers work very hard. Most lawyers don't have "cases" per se (or at least the type of cases you see on TV). The truth is, most lawyers never see the inside of a courtroom. Those jobs are reserved for a specific set of lawyers called "Litigators" or part of a "Litigation Team".

It is extremely difficult to litigate a case. Many lawyers will work 14-16 hours per day preparing to go to court for as long as it takes them to be ready. When you go into litigation, you don't only care about what you are doing, you need to care about what the opposing counsel is doing. So, in essence, you prepare and break down the case you are working on from both sides of the issue.

Being a lawyer is really hard work from a mental need to critically assess issues and present them in a way that will help your side win. And, if you lose, the person you are representing is usually standing to lose something important. In criminal law, it would be freedom. In business law, it would be money. In family law, it could be custody of your kids.

I guess that's a really long way of saying yes, lawyers work hard.

And closed circuit to YNOT, there is a reason things are called movies....because they are a fantasy version of the truth.