Top Ten
Looking For Lawyers in San Luis Obispo

Home | Main Page | Advertise With Us | Sitemap


Looking For Lawyers in
93401, 93402, 93403, 93405, 93406, 93407, 93408, 93409, 93410, 93412
4 Ways To Help Your Lawyer Enable You To When you want a lawyer for any excuse, you should work closely with them in order to win your case. No matter how competent they can be, they're going to need your help. Listed here are four important ways to help your legal team enable you to win: 1. Be Totally Honest Or Higher Your lawyers need and expect your complete cooperation - whatever information you're going to reveal to them. Privilege means what you say is kept in confidence, so don't hold anything back. Your legal team needs to know all things in advance - most importantly information another side could check out and surprise you with later. 2. Provide Meticulous Records Keep a continuous and factual account of all the information related to your case. Whether it's witnesses or payments being made, provide your attorneys with all the data they should assist them to win. 3. Appear Early For All Engagements Never be late when you're appearing before a court and prevent wasting the attorney's time, too, when you are promptly, each time. Actually, because you may want to discuss last second details or perhaps be extra prepared for the situation you're facing, it's a good idea to arrive early. 4. Demonstrate Which You Have Your Act Together If you've been involved in any kind of crime, it's important so as to prove to the court that you just both regret the actions and therefore are making strides toward enhancing your life. As an example, if you're facing driving under the influence, volunteer for the rehab program. Be sincere and linked to the neighborhood the judge is presiding over. Working more closely with your legal team increases your chances of absolute success. Try this advice, listen closely to how you're advised and ultimately, you should win your case.

ACTIONPages is your local directory publisher. Serving markets in Arizona, California, Washington, and Canada. ACTIONPages the best local choice for cost-effective advertising.
Some of the cites we server are, California Grover Beach | Pismo Beach | Nipomo | Arroyo Grande | San Luis Obispo | SLO | Morro Bay | Los Osos Orcutt Ojai Arizona | Lake Havasu | Kingman | Bullhead | Prescott | Payson | Show Low | Snowflake | Taylor | Flagstaff Sedona | Cottonwood | Camp Verde | Williams | Washington | Skagit | Whatcom | Bellingham | Ferndale Lynden Mount Vernon | Sedro Woolley | Burlington | Oak Harbor | Anacortes | Camano Island | Stanwood | Arlington Langley Clinton | San Juan Islands | BC | Duncan | Port Alberni | Comox | Courtney | Campbell River | Parksville | Langley Maple ridge | Chilliwack | Abbotsford | Mission | Whistler | Squamish | Sunshine Coast | Terrace | Kitimat | Smithers Prince Rupert | Prince George | Williams Lake | Quesnel | Sidney | Victoria | Alberta | Red Deer | Lloydminster | Ontario | Sudbury | Sault Ste Marie | North Bay | Timmins | Muskoka | Gravenhurst | Parry Sound | Huntsville | Kingston | Belleville | Cornwall | Brockville | Dundas | Pembroke | Renfrew | Smith Falls | Cobourg

Legal Immigration Advice?
Im In Need Of Some Legal Advice Concerning A Green Card Holder Marrying An Alien. Not, Not The Type From Mars. Anyway, I've Gotten To A Point I'm Really Getting Fed Up With All The Procedures And Paperwork And Forms To Fill Out, Tht Im Considering Just Leaving This Country. Here Goes, Iv Bn Here For 5 Yrs On A Green Card. I've Also Left My Fiancee Back Home While She Was Studyin Medicine. Shes's Done Now, And Has Graduated. I'v Also Finished My 5 Yrs Here Makin Me Elligible For Us Citizenship. I Sent The Paperwork This Weekend. Now Im Lookin To Bring My Fiancee Over Here. Rmbr, Its Bn 5 Long Yrs, N Im Lookin To Get Her Here Real Fast(Legally Of Course). Now I Knw The Spouse Visa Is A Possibility, But Im Not Citizen Yet. God Knws Il B Citizen After A Yr Or So. The Fiancee Visa Is A Possibility, Once Again, Im Stil A Green Card Holder. Is There Anything Else I Can Try? I Dont Care If The Paperwork Takes Forever, Just As Long As Shes Here With Me Soon. Any Help Is Appreciated. N Please, If U Have Nothin To Say, Please Dont. I Cant Be Stretched Any More. Thank You. Perhaps I Shud Look Into Goin To Uk Or Something. Iv Always Liked Europe.

Only US citizens can file I-129F for an alien fiancee, so that option is out of the window at the moment.

You could file for a spousal visa as a green card holder, and once your citizenship is approved, you can have the I-130 application upgraded to get an immediate visa number. Still, you'd be looking at 8-10 months on top of the time it takes for your N-400 to be approved.

Because you're not a citizen, any route she pursues to enter the US based on you is going to be slow. It would be faster for her to look at her own ways of entering the country if you wanted to get it done fast, such as through a student visa. A work visa is always a hard thing to go after, they are all gone on the same day they are made available. Unless she already has a job offer it's going to be tough.

If you're originally from the UK, it is easier going back to the UK and getting married and being together. However, the time away from the US is always going to hold you back from citizenship and you're still eventually going to face the same time frame problems of not being a citizen when it comes to petitioning for an alien relative.

It's a toss up between waiting for your N-400 to be approved and then filing I-129F for a fiancee visa, or get started on an I-130 now and upgrade it when your N-400 is approved. It's going to be pretty much the same time frame either way.

Can You Help With Business Law?
True Or False... 1. Nella Offers To Sell Her Crop Of Strawberries, Which Have Just Been Picked, To Morgan’S Market. Since She Does Not Specify A Time Limit For Acceptance, Morgan’S Can Accept The Offer The Following Week, As Long As Nella Has Not Revoked It 2. Under The Ucc, The Mirror Image Rule Applies Strictly 3. A Letter Of Intent Summarizes Progress Made During Business Negotiations, But It Does Not Necessarily Create A Binding Contract.

1) -- True.

2) -- The 2-207 Statute is a bit confusing.

However, the Uniform Commercial Code generally governs the law of transaction. --

This is how the Mirror image law works:

The mirror image rule and its application to contract law states that an OFFER and ACCEPTANCE must mirror each other or no contract is formed.

So, in order for a contract to be formed, an ACCEPTANCE of an offer must be absolute, unconditional, and identical with the terms of the offer.

So if a person makes an OFFER and the person to whom the OFFER is made accepts CONDITIONALLY or introduces a new term to the acceptance this allows for rejection of the offer and serves as a counter offer which then said COUNTER OFFER must be ACCEPTED before a contract can result.

So in regards to the offer in the first question about the strawberries this is a mirror image as no conditions were introduced.

3. True.

A letter of intent is an interim agreement that summarizes the main points of a proposed deal, or confirms that a certain course of action is going to be taken. Thus, Normally, it does NOT constitute a **definitive contract** but merely signifies a genuine interest in reaching the final agreement subject to due diligence, additional information, or fulfillment of certain conditions.

Hope that helps,

How Much Does A Real Estate Lawyer Make?
I Thought That Lawyers Make A Lot Of Money, Like On Average Some $160,000/Yr. But I Look At My Professors At School And Some Of Them Are Lawyers And Honestly, I Don'T Know. I Don'T Mean To Sound Shallow, But Like The One Professor Who Is A Real Estate Lawyer And Accountant And Has His Private Practice. He Lives In A Average House ($250,000 Value), Drives Kind Of Old Ford Car, His Kids Go To Public Schools And Are Not Really Any Smarter Than The Rest. I Doubt His Wife Works, Though. And The Fact That He Is A Professor Too, Makes Me Doubt That He Makes Any Good Money As A Lawyer, Because In My Opinion If He Was A Good Lawyer He Would Make Enough Already Without Having To Teach. And Once He Said That If He Were To Do It All Over Again He Wouldn'T Have Gone To Law School...So I Wonder, Is It True That Only A Handful Of Lawyers Make Good Money And The Rest Are Just Upper Middle Class In The Best Case?

"I don't mean to sound shallow, but like the one professor who is a real estate lawyer and accountant and has his private practice. He lives in a average house ($250,000 value), drives kind of old Ford car, his kids go to public schools and are not really any smarter than the rest."

So you think an expensive car and huge house and private schools are the only signs of real wealth? Honey, you need to read "The Millionaire Next Door" and wake up. Chances are that as a real estate lawyer he knows a lot about real estate investing, and for all you know his family is sitting on $1mil or more in real estate investments, which they've been able to build up from living a relatively modest life.

And that he said if he were to do it all over again he wouldn't have gone to law school is even more telling... he may wish he'd skipped school and gone straight into real estate, since you only need a license and not a degree to practice. I've told people the same thing. I was a licensed agent until I moved, and my husband and I are now investors.

You really shouldn't judge people by their material possessions. I drive a 2001 Ford Escort with WELL over 100,000 miles that doesn't even has cruise control. My husband drives a 2005 Jeep Wrangler with 50,000 miles and no power locks. We live in a 30 year old townhouse that is a mere 1050 sf. Yet this year our net income will be over $250,000, we own two properties, and I run my own business. Could we afford a bigger house and newer cars? You bet. But you don't build wealth by spending all of your money.

Legal/Custody/Guardianship Question...Help!!?
Lets Start With Background Info... Mother And Father Of The Child Are Separated. (Never Married) With Joint Custody. They Live In Indiana. Lets Say The Father Signs Over His Part Guardianship Temporarily (To Childs Uncle & Aunt) Because He Needs Some Time To Get Back On His Feet. What Rights Do They Have As Far As Custody Goes? Childs Mother Is Living Out Of A Hotel Because Of Eviction. Mother Is Attempting Getting A Restraining Order Because She Wants To Move Out Of The State (So She Made Up Some Stuff To Try And Get Out Of Joint Custody). Please Let Me Know If You Can Find Any Websites On This Topic. I Know I Need A Lawyer, Already Have An Appt. I Just Wanted To Research All Possible Options. Thank You So Much For You Answers.!

In most states...a child 13 or older can decide who they want to live with permanently

"Lets say the father signs over his part guardianship temporarily (to childs uncle & aunt) because he needs some time to get back on his feet. What rights do they have as far as custody goes? " - They only have temporary rights as outlined in the custody agreement.

"Mother is attempting getting a restraining order because she wants to move out of the state (so she made up some stuff to try and get out of joint custody)." - She can relinquish her own custody rights if that is what you mean...otherwise, she cannot get a restraining order for the child if joint custody is still in play. Unless, abuse is determined to be taking place by the judge. If she "made stuff up", she can wind up in jail if it is proven false. She can get a restraining order for herself, but the judge will have to approve it.

If both parents can be "PROVEN" to be negligent/neglectfull/incompetent, on the childs behalf, the temporary guardians can petition a judge for full legal custody. This would not be easy by any means, and would take alot of time and money...with no guarantees the order would not be reversed.

On a side note. If either parent were to move out of the state, unless expressily prohibited by a judge they wouldn't be breaking any laws., You cannot kidnap your own child, and law would then apply to the custody battle in that state, which basically puts the entire case back to square one. Initial hearing, so on and so that state. This means that in order to legally get the child back, they would have to be TAKEN by a legal guardian in the same manner, or a new legal proceeding filed in that state. A legal guardian is not considered kidnapping by leaving the state with the child, and not notifying the other legal guardian. MOST states will not extradite individuals, or children, for violating custody orders by judges in other states. Especially, if the child is already enrolled in school. Refer to the laws in the state they are moving to.

Why Are There So Many More Personal Injury Lawyers Advertising In Orlando, Fl Than Other Parts Of The Country?
Is There Some Loophole In Local Traffic Laws Or Liability Insurance That Makes Litigation So Much More Prevalent?

I take it you've been to every part of the U.S. and did a thorough examination of personal injury advertising in every city?

Trying To Apply For Financial Aid (With Divorced Parents) - Help!?
So My Story Is Super Long But Here Is The Short Version: I Was Born In Another Country, Left And Moved To America With My Mom At 2. I Never Saw My Real Dad Again And Found Out A Few Years Ago That He Died. When We Moved Here She Remarried My Step Dad, Who Never Legally Adopted Me But We Had A Regular Father Daughter Relationship. They Divorced, I'M Not Sure If He Got Joint Custody Because I Did Stay With Him On A Weekly Basis. But He Became Bipolar, Alcoholic, And Abusive, I Haven'T Stayed With Him For About A Year And He Is No Longer Really A Part Of My Life. He Was Paying Child Support Years Ago (Out Of His Own Will, Not Because He Was Legally Obligated To) And Payed For My First 2 Yeas Of High School - Since Then He Has Stopped Everything And I Had To Transfer. Now I'M Applying To Colleges And Need Financial Aid Because My Mom Can'T Afford Anything, Yet I Don'T Want To Be Turned Down Due To My Step Dad'S Income. How Do I Avoid This? Do I Have To Include Him? Or Can I Just Use My Real Dad And Say He'S Dead?

Before I get to answering your questions about parental income and applying for higher education financial aid, I need to clarify a point you made early in your story. You were not born in the USA or an American territory. You do not indicate if you are a US citizen - either one or both of your birth parents were US citizens at the time of your birth or you were granted American citizenship legally after relocating to the US with your mother - or, if you are considered a legal resident alien (holding a "green card.")

The reason I bring up the issue of US citizenship or your status as a legal resident of the US is that any Federal financial aid is only available to US citizens or those who are legal residents.

Also, if you are not a US citizen or a legal resident, and if you are considering a community college or a government funded univ. in your state, for the most part, you will be considered a non-resident/out-of-state student for tuition purposes. Some states have fin. aid options for undocumented international students.

Even if you are not a US citizen/legal resident, you may still need to complete and submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid - ) so that the colleges/universities to which you apply will be able to consider you for any fin. aid they may have from their own funds.

Since your birth father is deceased and the man your mother married did not legally adopt you, you need only include the Federal income tax information for your mother when you complete the FAFSA. If there is a verification audit of your FAFSA application (about 1/3 of the applications get checked to verify the info on them), you may be asked to produce a death record/certificate for your birth father. If you need to find out how to obtain a death record/certificate for your late father, it must be ordered and paid for from the vital records office of the US state or territory where he died or the right government agency of the other country where he died. If you need to ask a question on how to go about that (including info on the location where he passed away), I recommend you select the Y!A category of Politics & Government > Law & Ethics before clicking Submit.

If you wish, you can use the FAFSA 4Caster to help give you an idea of what amount and type of Fed. fin. aid you may be offered.

For the FAFSA for higher education fin. aid for use in the 2012-2013 school year (starting Fall 2012), you will be able to access it Jan. 1, 2012. I recommend you complete and submit it as early as possible. If your mother has not filed her 2011 Fed. income tax returns by the end of Feb., I suggest you complete/submit the FAFSA using her 2010 income tax info (and yours, if you filed a Fed. income tax return) in March. Later, after the 2011 income tax returns have been filed, edit your FAFSA with the current tax info.

If you are still a high school student, hold conversations with a HS guidance counselor so you may learn the ins and outs of fin. aid. Also, since you are applying to colleges, be sure to hold conversations (by phone or in-person) with fin. aid counselors at the colleges/universities to which you are applying and learn about your fin. aid options. Some US colleges/universities have grant and scholarship funds available for just their own students.

Both a HS guidance counselor or a college/univ. fin. aid counselor can answer other FAFSA and fin. aid questions you may have. Also the FAFSA home page has a Contact Us link, with the phone number you can call to get answers from a real person at the FAFSA offices.

Librarians--Ask Us, We Answer!
Find your local Public Library at:
Find your College/University Library at:

Best wishes