4 Methods To Help Your Lawyer Help You When you want a lawyer for any reason, you have to work closely with them to be able to win your case. Regardless how competent these are, they're likely to need your help. Listed below are four important methods to help your legal team enable you to win: 1. Be Totally Honest Or Higher Your lawyers need and expect your complete cooperation - irrespective of what information you're gonna reveal directly to them. Privilege means whatever you say is saved in confidence, so don't hold anything back. Your legal team should know everything in advance - most importantly information another side could discover and surprise you with later. 2. Provide Meticulous Records Keep a regular and factual account of information pertaining to your case. Whether it's witnesses or payments being made, provide your attorneys because of the data they have to enable them to win. 3. Appear Early For All Engagements Not be late when you're appearing before a court and get away from wasting the attorney's time, too, when you are punctually, each and every time. Actually, because you might need to discuss eleventh hour details or be extra ready for the case you're facing, it's a great idea to arrive early. 4. Demonstrate You Have Your Act Together If you've been responsible for any kind of crime, it's important to be able to convince the court which you both regret the actions and they are making strides toward increasing your life. For instance, if you're facing a DUI, volunteer for any rehab program. Be sincere and associated with the cities the judge is presiding over. Working more closely with your legal team increases your likelihood of absolute success. Try this advice, listen closely to how you're advised and ultimately, you need to win your case.
ACTIONPages is your local directory publisher. Serving markets in Arizona, California, Washington, and Canada. ACTIONPages the best local choice for cost-effective advertising.
Some of the cites we server are,
Need Indian Legal Adviser Or Any 1 Who Know Indian Law Please Help Me ?
My Brother Is Completly Drunk And Lost His Job Because Of This
We Are Going To Throw Him Out Of House. We Have Tried All The Things To
Take Him Out . He Is Not Ready To Do That
Recently We Come To Know That He Have 5-6 Credit Cards Which He Have Used Around 2 Lakhs
Can Any 1 Tell Me Is We I Mean My Family Is Responcible For The Loan Can Bank Take Action Against Us
Because Have Have Given My Home Address . I Am Realy Confuse . My Sis-In-Low Also Going To Divorce Him Soon
Need Some Legal Adivice
They cannot take legal action against you unless you have signed for his credit cards.Just because they have your address does not mean you are responsible for his debt.
Call Legal Aid and tell them your problem.
Look in your telephone book for the telephone number. If you cannot find it then call your operator on the telephone and ask for information. Tell them you want Legal Aid Office telephone number.
If you cannot get Legal Aid office then call an attorney in your town and ask him.
In What Courses Of Law Should A Workplace Injury Attorney Apply?
I Am A Pre-Law Student About To Enter Law School With An Interest In Workplace Injury Law. With This Concentration I Would Probably Deal Mostly With Workers’ Comp Claims. However, How Broad Can This Idea Of Workplace Injury Be Taken? For Example, Would A Workplace Injury Attorney Ever Be Faced With A Products Liability Claim Or A Medical Malpractice Claim? How About Social Security Disability, How Does That Fit Into The Picture? I’M Looking Over Law School Electives And Trying To Get A Sense Of Which Classes Would Fit My Interest. I Have Another Year Before I Have To Worry About It But Considering The Possibilities Is Interesting.
The obvious answer is medical law, and employment law classes. What classes are available in each field will depend on your school. A hybrid of those would seem to fit best. Perhaps even talk to the professors in that field and see if you can get paid to do research from them (wait till you are done with your 1L year to ask). Additionally I am sure your law school will have advisers who know about the area of law and can recommend what to take.
My advice to you though is to keep you options and mind open until you are done with at least your 1st year required courses. You may find once you start to study that you don't want to practice that type of law and instead want to focus on something else. Just keep an open mind, maybe you will end up at the same place but maybe not.
With Military Legal Aid?
Does It Cost Anything To Go Thru Military Legal Aid For My Husband To Adopt My Daughter From Another Marriage? I Already Know The Process And All, Just Wandering Around How Much It Would Be.
JAG doesn't cost anything, but I am unsure if they would take a family law case like that in the first place. Contact your legal office on base.
Criminal Defense Attorneys, How Do You Sleep At Night Defending Someone You Know Is Guilty Of A Heinous Crime?
Such As Raping A Little Girl
As each person is different, there are many different reasons why any group of criminal defense attorney's can do their job and sleep well at night (be 'ok with themselves')
Some of them, but not all inclusive of course:
1) They don't have high morality or ethics. In some it is this simple. They don't care,.. yes, some people just do not care - and in some cases (no pun intended) makes them better at doing their job without a 'conscious' getting in the way.
2) The money justifies their actions -- for some this is enough.
3) They delude their thinking -- in other words they rationalize and twist their own beliefs in clients that they have an enormously strong suspicion are guilty -- Just as a drug addict will continue their behavior and actually tend to develop the addiction based on rationalizing their decision to use just one more day, one more week, one more month, (I will quit tomorrow, etc) -- These people will rationalize these clients in their own minds.
4) Related to the above -- How does one REALLY know a person is guilty regardless of the evidence of the state, or what the client tells them or cannot tell them? The whole responsibility of the prosecutor is to prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt. Not just give good evidence and argument it COULD or MOST likely occurred (that the person is guilty) but that there is ZERO doubt whatsoever this person committed the precise crime they are charged with.
This can be as hard as it sounds. As a jury is supposed to make a decision based on reasonable doubt. Reasonable doubt is VERY easy to have -- the system is setup so that we are very unlikely to convict an innocent person -- so much so that we have torqued and biased it to favor the accused - in other words it is designed (in theory) that we would let 1000 guilty people get off to prevent even ONE innocent person being convicted.
So you can see how a criminal defense attorney can easily take hold of a 'reasonable doubt' in their own minds -- they are trained in post graduate law school, and have experience over the years of exactly how to CREATE reasonable doubt (their jobs) -- so it is natural to be able to justify their actions for someone who doesn't easily appear innocent to them with this sliver of possibility.
5) Competitiveness -- Simply having the desire to compete and WIN at all costs. The cost here being letting a guilty person not be prosecuted.
6) Many defense attorney's have previously been prosecutors -- And as such many become jaded with the corrupt nature of our system in general, and how the prosecutor has an unfair bias towards the plaintiff (the state) -- Prosecutors in our system are designed to still be independent of the Police officer, judge, etc -- but they are in bed with them.. they are motivated and demanded to not only prove a case beyond reasonable doubt on obviously guilty people (strong evidence) - but ALSO to pursue with all their ability and conviction/passion and effort people who have weak evidence/circumstances against them and as such are very possibly innocent. So, they become criminal defense attorney's and can sleep at night because they are now fighting 'the man', 'the system' , and ultimately on a professional crusade to screw the system.
7) Associated with number 6 -- To EVEN the score. The judicial system HEAVILY favors the State, Judge, Prosecutor, Police, and all other agents of the the state (being paid by the state) -- One big team all with ALL the resources of huge bureaucracies (The government backing them) against Joe Schmoe the single man or Jane Doe the single woman (person) without these resources or knowledge of the system OR the undeniable bias in their favor. So a criminal defense attorney is just ONE person to advocate for the common man against this monster system. Think about it.
8) The rush! To go against these odds and win.
9) Ego -- Ever seen The Devil's Advocate?
I Am Signing A Power Of Attorney But Can I Use Pic Or Web?
I Am My Aunt'S Poa. We Have To Resubmit Papers, As Her Job Wants A New Signed Copy. The Original Had My Mother And Sister As The Witness. They Are Both Out Of Town. I Have To Submit A New One Asap. The Notary Is A Friend Who Can Verify She Knows Us. She Was Also The One Who Originally Signed For Us.
The Witness Section States:
The Foregoing Power Of Attorney Was, On The Date Written Above, Published And Declared By ________ In Our Presence To Be His/Her Power Of Attorney. We, In His/Her Presence And At His/Her Request, And In The Presence Of Each Other, Have Attested To The Same And Have Signed Our Names As Attesting Witnesses.
If They Are Both Out Of Town Can I Take A Picture Or Use Skype So They Can See Her Doing It? I'M Not Sure If That Will Work For Presence. Presence Can Be Defined As: The State Or Fact Of Existing, Occurring, Or Being Present In A Place Or Thing.
A notary is going to want people there in person with them, along with their IDs.
But depending on the POA, witnesses may not even be necessary. If the notary knows all of you, you can ask them what they may be able to do with their requirements.
Anyone Know A Good Traffic Lawyer That Deals With Avenal Court In Kings County? I Got A 104Mph Speeding Ticket?
They Caught Me Based On Pacing And I Also Didn't Have Proof Of Insurance But I Do Have Insurance.
The 55 or 65 max speeds do not matter since he was not charge with exceeding the max, he was charged with exceeding 100 mph per CVC 22348(b). A lot of commercial trucks drive the 99 through Kings, and I have seen a billboard posted along 99 in either Tulare or Kern since commercial driver's can potentially lose their employment if they exceed 55 it is good business. A lawyer that specializes in traffic might even be cheaper than an over 100 mph ticket. If the pace was wrong by 4% then you should have been ticketed for the cheaper exceeding the max offense instead, you know.
Some things to consider would be that the speedometer on the patrol car should be recalibrate during tire wear. But losing a half inch of tread would only cause changes of 1 or 2 mph when traveling 40~60 mph, so why not just wait until the next tire change instead of recalibrating right? Well over 100 mph that same speedometer can be off by more than 4 mph, and that is assuming that the officer did not drive 10 mph faster than you just to catch up. Without LIDAR or some more convincing evidence I tend to think you can get this reduced by half.
You might have to find a traffic lawyer that would do a trial by mail.