How To Find A Top Rated Attorney
Property Law in San Luis Obispo

Home | Main Page | Advertise With Us | Sitemap


Property Law in
93401, 93402, 93403, 93405, 93406, 93407, 93408, 93409, 93410, 93412
Finding A Highly Skilled Lawyer No matter what your legal needs are you will recognize that there are many lawyers in the area that advertise which they are experts in your kind of case. This can make the process of finding one with a lot of experience a bit of a challenge. However, if you follow the following you will be able to define your quest on the right one in very little time. The initial step is to create a list of the lawyers which are listed in the area focusing on your position. While you are causeing this to be list you must only include those that you may have an excellent vibe about based on their advertisement. You may then narrow this list down through taking a bit of time evaluating their website. There you must be able to find the number of years they are practicing and a few general information about their success rates. At this point your list must have shrunken further to individuals that you felt had professional websites as well as an appropriate level of experience. You need to then spend some time to check out independent reviews of each and every attorney. Be sure to browse the reviews instead of just relying on their overall rating. The information from the reviews will provide you with an idea of the way they communicate with their clients and the time they invest into each case they are working on. Finally, you should meet with no less than the past three lawyers that have the credentials you are interested in. This provides you with some time to genuinely evaluate how interested they may be in representing you and your case. It is actually imperative that you follow most of these steps to actually find a person which includes the best level of experience to get you the very best outcome.

ACTIONPages is your local directory publisher. Serving markets in Arizona, California, Washington, and Canada. ACTIONPages the best local choice for cost-effective advertising.
Some of the cites we server are, California Grover Beach | Pismo Beach | Nipomo | Arroyo Grande | San Luis Obispo | SLO | Morro Bay | Los Osos Orcutt Ojai Arizona | Lake Havasu | Kingman | Bullhead | Prescott | Payson | Show Low | Snowflake | Taylor | Flagstaff Sedona | Cottonwood | Camp Verde | Williams | Washington | Skagit | Whatcom | Bellingham | Ferndale Lynden Mount Vernon | Sedro Woolley | Burlington | Oak Harbor | Anacortes | Camano Island | Stanwood | Arlington Langley Clinton | San Juan Islands | BC | Duncan | Port Alberni | Comox | Courtney | Campbell River | Parksville | Langley Maple ridge | Chilliwack | Abbotsford | Mission | Whistler | Squamish | Sunshine Coast | Terrace | Kitimat | Smithers Prince Rupert | Prince George | Williams Lake | Quesnel | Sidney | Victoria | Alberta | Red Deer | Lloydminster | Ontario | Sudbury | Sault Ste Marie | North Bay | Timmins | Muskoka | Gravenhurst | Parry Sound | Huntsville | Kingston | Belleville | Cornwall | Brockville | Dundas | Pembroke | Renfrew | Smith Falls | Cobourg

How Hard Is It To Find A Job For Lawyers?
I'Ve Been Considering Law School For A While Now (Junior In High School) But I'M Not Sure If There Is A Demand For Lawyers These Days Or Not. I'M Mainly Worried About The Difficulty Of Finding A Job. If It Helps At All I'M Planning On Majoring In Criminal Law.

I e-mailed this response to a girl a couple of days ago it might help. I just completed my first year of law school:

Well I just finished my first year of law school and I was totally taken by surprise. I majored in Culinary Management as an undergrad, decided a MBA was a dying easy to obtain graduate degree and went for labor law. First, almost everyone in my law school (Mass. School of Law, is on financial aid, very few people I know can afford it. The joke is after the first year of law school you're in too much debt to go into any other profession. My G.P.A. was 3.8 and it really doesn't matter now. I took the LSAT twice, did amazing the first time, bombed the second unfortunately they take your average score. As a result I went to a school that doesn't require LSATS as they have their own entrance exam. I can practice in 65% of the states immediately, but the others I have to wait a certain time frame (usually three years). So it worked out well especially having such a different under graduate degree. As for journalism, it's a whole new style of writing, but if writing is your strength you are 1/2 way to becoming a great lawyer. The other half of course is arguing (I'm always right ;-)). My first year I didn't work until my second semester. Law school is far more than a full time job. My second semester I started at 20 hours a week down to 8. It's hard. But if you can survive your first year, you can survive the other two. The rule of thumb is the first year they scare you to death, the second is they work you to death, and the third is they bore you to death. It's a lot of work, and 150 pages is light reading, but after your first semester you become a pro at briefing cases and getting in a strong study group. However, if you don't do your work there is no way you can wing it!!! Teachers are hard on students in class, and outside are pretty cool (they all think they are the teacher from the movie "Paper Chase"). I went to law school thinking I was going to go into Labor Law, law school is different you don't really declare a concentration, your electives is where you mold your area. You can't pick electives until your second year. After my first year I really love Criminal Law and found I hate Property so I can gage my electives to that, but most also choose their electives around the bar exam. As for not going to school immediately after undergrad is pretty normal. Many of my fellow classmates are in their 30's and I (23) am considered very young. So that's not really a problem so long as you do your work. I don't know many who haven't been able to get a job after graduating unless they aren't searching. I know people who have failed the bar exam three or four times and got really great jobs. Lets see what else, litigation. Some people really have it and some people just don't. I pride myself on being court room savvy, but I have some friends who are very timid. They are the best at researching, finding things on Westlaw and Lexis Nexis and are just as valuable. In fact few lawyers actually every go to court. A good example of this would be a school attorney. They do all the research, write contracts, and have a slim to no chance of ever going to court. My Writing & Legal Research teacher told us she only went to court one time her whole career and was with so many other attorney's it never mattered anyways.

I guess my only other piece of advice is, if you over analyze everything and love to argue (written or vocal) you'll be a great lawyer!
If you decided to go, get as many study aids as you can (Black Letter Outlines and Case Notes are like a bible!).
Really research the schools you apply to, and if you decided to take the LSAT, courses are great.
Almost no one has the money for law school (and I live in Boston/Cambridge with Harvard) which keeps us all in debt.
But if you're teetering on yes or no (and more no) then don't invest.

Sorry this is long winded, but it's what I do! So Good luck!

What Happened To Judge Mabelene From Divorce Court?

In 2005, Ephriam wore a wig on the show, the consequence of a bad relaxant. Fox liked the look so much that it asked her to keep it. But Ephriam wanted cornrows. When Fox said no, Ephriam cried racism. Fox, in turn, declined to renew her contract.

Read the entire story

Here Comes the Judge
From a local bench to Divorce Court, Lynn Toler has appeal.
By Rebecca Meiser
Article Published Jun 14, 2006

Who / What:
Judge Lynn Toler
Divorce Court

Judge Lynn Toler's verdicts are homespun wisdom dispensed with a cut-the-bull edge.Judge Lynn Toler emerged from her chambers looking as stern as a police interrogator. From the bench, she locked eyes with the ponytailed plaintiff, who was suing her wedding facility for botching the event.

"You listen here," Toler said, her eyes flashing. "You said your wedding was ruined, but the only way your wedding could truly be ruined is if your man don't show."

The audience tittered. The plaintiff's attorney looked as if he wanted to object.

In a softer voice, Toler told the woman that she'd get some money back, but not the whole cost. Too many people expect perfection, she said.

With that, the judge banged her gavel and headed to her private dressing room on the Fox lot.

It's been five years since Toler, the star of the short-lived court-TV show Power of Attorney, saw screen time. But this fall, the former Cleveland Heights judge will return to TV as the leading lady on Fox's Divorce Court.

Toler's transition from municipal court judge to TV star still surprises her. Like most big events in her life, it happened by accident.

In 1993, the Harvard graduate was a fiery young litigator when the chairman of the Cuyahoga County Republican Party suggested that she run for Cleveland Heights Municipal Court.

Toler thought her odds were slim. Cleveland Heights is a Democratic stronghold, and her opponent was Russell Baron, a distinguished lawyer who'd practiced in the city for 14 years longer than Toler had been alive.

"If I hadn't run against him, I would have voted for him myself," Toler quips.

But Toler did bring some ammo: She was the only African American candidate in a largely black district and had a large war chest, thanks to her wealthy father.

On election day, Toler won by just six votes out of the more than 16,000 cast.

She quickly distinguished herself with her creative sentencing. During seven years on the bench, she offered shorter jail terms for convicts who wrote book reports and made obeying their mothers a condition of probation.

Local TV ate it up. In 1998, Channel 19 aired a special on Toler, following her from the courtroom to her living room. When she showed off her tae kwon do skills by splintering wood with her bare hands, it was clear she was made for the limelight.

Her big break came two years later. The producers of Power of Attorney, a new legal show on Fox, were in need of a judge. They canvassed the country for candidates. Naturally, Channel 19 suggested Toler.

Producers didn't tell Toler what show she was auditioning for, so when they asked her opinion of courtroom shows, she put her foot in her mouth. "I love all of them except Power of Attorney," she said.

Despite the faux pas, producers hired her.

"We tested three people, and my opinion was, we shouldn't even test the other two," says producer Laura Gelles.

Toler got her first taste of stardom when she met her co-stars, O.J. Simpson prosecutors Marcia Clark and Christopher Darden. Toler and Clark became fast friends. "She's the nicest person ever," Toler gushes. But Darden was another story. "Chris is a little mercurial. One moment he can be sweet as a pie, and the next he'll hardly speak to you. I never quite figured him out."

The cases Toler presided over were like The People's Court crossed with Jerry Springer. One mother sued because her daughter refused to pay for haircuts. Another mom refused to house her pregnant daughter unless she dumped her slacker boyfriend.

Toler's verdicts were homespun wisdom dispensed with a cut-the-bull edge. She was as likely to cite her mother's advice as she was a precedent-setting decision -- ironic, in light of the fact that her mother thought the show was trashy.

"She didn't understand how her Harvard-educated daughter could do this to her," Toler recounts. "She had visions of me on the Supreme Court."

In 2001, the show was canceled. But TV judges are a lot like Supreme Court justices: Once appointed, they serve for life. For the next five years, Toler made as much as $60,000 annually, just by auditioning for shows.

"There's so few judges willing to do television work that the ones who do are really valuable," explains Michael Cicconetti, president of the American Judges Association.

Toler's next offer came in April, when Fox's negotiations with Divorce Court judge Mablean Ephriam stalled.

The sticking point was hair. In 2005, Ephriam wore a wig on the show, the consequence of a bad relaxant. Fox liked the look so much that it asked her to keep it. But Ephriam wanted cornrows. When Fox said no, Ephriam cried racism. Fox, in turn, declined to renew her contract.

When Toler got the nod as Ephriam's replacement, internet message boards lit up with accusations that she was an Uncle Tom.

"Just because you were replaced by another 'black' person doesn't mean it wasn't racial," one viewer wrote. "It simply means they found someone who was willing to abide by their rules. They found . . . a Condoleezza."

While Toler denies the charge, she seems eager not to fan the furor. "I don't know what experiences Mablean had," she says, choosing her words carefully, "but I know that Fox has been nothing but flexible with my hair."

This season, Toler has a full docket that includes a husband who deserted his eight-months-pregnant wife to audition for American Idol, a couple fighting over their 15-year-old daughter's pregnancy, and several military wives who left husbands stationed overseas.

Although the shows won't begin airing till September, Toler's already viewed as a national expert on parlaying local judgeships into Hollywood stardom. The American Judges Association has invited her to speak about transitioning from the bench to TV.

But for Toler, the biggest change may be to her grocery routine. When Power of Attorney was airing, fans would stop her in the supermarket to ask for autographs or argue over rulings. It would take two hours just to buy a loaf of bread.

"Once the show airs, I guess I'll have to start getting up at the crack of dawn again," she says with a smile. "Not that I'm complaining."

Offer your feedback to this story

Previous Articles by Rebecca Meiser
The Vanishing Act
Revenge of the Brokenhearted
Reins of the Father
Burning Man

Who Do You Get Into Law School?
I Am A High Schooler Wanting To Get Into A Great Law School How Do I Do It?

You are very wise to start early. There are lots of things that you can do to improve your chances for getting into a top law school if you start now. When you say top law school, I am assuming that you mean top 3-5 schools in the country, and will base my comments on that assumption.
The LSAT is the biggest factor in getting into a great law school. You will need to score in the 170's (99th percentile) to have a good chance at getting into these types of schools. Use REAL actual previously administered LSAT tests, and plan on devoting 300+ hours to studying for the test. Remember it is worth considerably more than your GPA when it comes to chances for admission. If you can find a course that will allow you to study for a year or two that is a huge plus.
GPA is the other quantifiable factor that affects admissions. For the schools in question a 3.7 would be the minimum for a good chance of admission.
Choose a major that you will love. One common mistake that people make is to major in political science, english, or philosophy, because they think that law schools will be impressed by those majors. Actually, you have a greater chance for admission at the top schools if you DON'T major in one of these, because it allows you to bring a different viewpoint to the law class than the herds of applicants from those majors. I was recently meeting with the former dean of Yale law school with a high school friend of mine. When this issue came up the dean stated that majoring in music would give this young man a better chance for admission than political science if all other things were equal.
That said there are some classes that you should take to improve the reasoning skills that will help you to do well on the LSAT and in law school. Take whatever formal logic/quantitative reasoning classes are available at your university. Also, taking statistics, and upper division writing classes in philosophy will be very helpful.
When considering these particular schools you should also be looking to publish as much as possible. Submit articles/papers to student journals, and try to work with professors that may help you get published.
Establishing connections with professors early on will be invaluable for cultivating letters of recommendation later on. Visit them in office hours, and try to get teaching/research assistant postitions.
Volunteer work will only be valuable if you can show a consistent pattern of service. So be sure that you are always involved in some way in these types of activities. Helping out in the juvenile justice program is usually possible in most states, and will look fabulous on resumes.
Your personal statement is also going to be a big factor in admissions, but that is far less quantifiable than the other elements. There are lots of things that you should avoid doing, most significantly waiting until a few weeks before the deadline to write it, but that is far enough in the future that I won't spend time here talking about it.
Well, that may be more than you wanted to know but it will at least get you started, if you want more advice down the road I am always happy to give it.

I Need Some Information As To Where I Can Get Legal Help To Get My Son Returned Home To Me From C.A.S?
I Cannot Afford A Lawyer And I Know I Have A Strong Case Against The Childrens Aid Society. Please If Anyone Knows Anything Please Help Me :( And What Is This Bar Association Ive Heard Of, I Cannot Seem To Find The Website. I Live In Ontario Near Ottawa.

My hubbies ex was in a similar situation. Her son got out of the house while the grandma was watching him. The police were called and the mom (not grandma) was issued a letter saying if they were called out again for this child on neglect that he would automatically be taken. They never got involved in the situation they just sent a letter to her stating that if they were notified.
They are just bullies. You should try some sort of legal aid or put your case out there for pro bono work??????

Plain English In Legal Documents?
I Have Almost Completed My Assignment...One Question Is All I Have Left To Do But I Don'T Even Know Where To Stert. The Question States.. Write A Claer, Well-Reasoned Paragraph On Why You Think It Is Important To Use Plain English In Legal Documents. The Piece Has To Be 250 Words In Lenght. Plz Help. English Is My 2Nd Language And I Am Struggling

Hi Dee. Your English looks pretty good to me--and I'm an English teacher!

You could start with a question. Why is it important to use plain English in legal documents?

If you prefer, you could start with a generalization. many people think the use of plain English in legal documents is important.

Then give your reasons, with examples, followed by a conclusion. You could go to the Internet, and surf down a glossary of legala terms (the harder the better) to illustrate how the average person with an average education might not understand everything.

Your conclusion should restate what you have already said.

I would have said....



I'm doing your assignment for you, and I shouldn't do that! This should get your started--email me privately if you still need help.

Juvenile Justice System..?
Im Only 15, But I Have Had My Heart Set On Majoring In Social Work And Criminal Justice & Criminology And A Minor In Psychology So I Can Work In Juvenile Justice. I Want To Work With Juveniles Who Are On The Wrong Path. & I Was Wondering Is There Is Any Kind Of Volunteer Things I Can Do That Have To Do With This. & Like How Old Do You Have To Be To Intern Or Something, Like With Probation Or Some Kind Of Correctional Place. & Another Question Aside From This: If I Would Go To Law School To Be A Juvenile Lawyer, What Exactly Would I Be Doing? & If I Would Do This, What Kind Of Classes And Things Should I Take?

Question 1: Im not sure if there are any volunteer work you can do, but you could probably call the Juvenile Detention Center in your area and ask if there is any thing you could do to volunteer. You could also try calling around to different shelters in your city and tell them you want to volunteer and ask them what you could do. Question 2: First things first, finish you high school education, then enroll in college for Criminal Justice. Once in college they almost always have internships. I'm not sure where you live, but in Iowa to be a probation officer you have to have a Bacholors Degree and corrections only requires an Associate Degree. Question 3: You would be defending juveniles in court. Juvenile Lawyers are like any other lawyer you will have to do the same classes as any lawyer would and then pass the bar exam. Good luck I hope this was helpful.