The Best Ten
Search For A Lawyer in San Luis Obispo

Home | Main Page | Advertise With Us | Sitemap


Search For A Lawyer in
93401, 93402, 93403, 93405, 93406, 93407, 93408, 93409, 93410, 93412
Finding An Experienced Lawyer No matter what your legal needs are you will see that there are loads of lawyers in your area that advertise they are experts in your sort of case. This could make the entire process of finding one with quite a lot of experience somewhat of a challenge. However, if you follow the tips below it will be possible to narrow down your search off to the right one in almost no time. The initial step is to create a listing of the lawyers which can be listed in your town specializing in your situation. While you are making this list you ought to only include those you have a good vibe about depending on their advertisement. After that you can narrow this list down by using a little while evaluating their website. There you must be able to find how many years they have been practicing plus some general information about their success rates. At this stage your list ought to have shrunken further to the people that you just felt had professional websites plus an appropriate volume of experience. You need to then spend some time to look up independent reviews of each attorney. Be sure you browse the reviews rather than just depending on their overall rating. The data inside the reviews will give you a concept of the direction they connect with the clientele and how much time they invest into each case that they are concentrating on. Finally, you should talk to no less than the last three lawyers which have the credentials you are searching for. This provides you with time to truly evaluate how interested they can be in representing you and the case. It is vital that you follow all of these steps to actually find a person that has the best level of experience to help you the best possible outcome.

ACTIONPages is your local directory publisher. Serving markets in Arizona, California, Washington, and Canada. ACTIONPages the best local choice for cost-effective advertising.
Some of the cites we server are, California Grover Beach | Pismo Beach | Nipomo | Arroyo Grande | San Luis Obispo | SLO | Morro Bay | Los Osos Orcutt Ojai Arizona | Lake Havasu | Kingman | Bullhead | Prescott | Payson | Show Low | Snowflake | Taylor | Flagstaff Sedona | Cottonwood | Camp Verde | Williams | Washington | Skagit | Whatcom | Bellingham | Ferndale Lynden Mount Vernon | Sedro Woolley | Burlington | Oak Harbor | Anacortes | Camano Island | Stanwood | Arlington Langley Clinton | San Juan Islands | BC | Duncan | Port Alberni | Comox | Courtney | Campbell River | Parksville | Langley Maple ridge | Chilliwack | Abbotsford | Mission | Whistler | Squamish | Sunshine Coast | Terrace | Kitimat | Smithers Prince Rupert | Prince George | Williams Lake | Quesnel | Sidney | Victoria | Alberta | Red Deer | Lloydminster | Ontario | Sudbury | Sault Ste Marie | North Bay | Timmins | Muskoka | Gravenhurst | Parry Sound | Huntsville | Kingston | Belleville | Cornwall | Brockville | Dundas | Pembroke | Renfrew | Smith Falls | Cobourg

I'M Now In 8Th Sem B.E Telecom.. Want To Become Legal Advisor?
Can U Plz Tell Me What Course I Have To Take.... (Correspondence & Regular) Tell Me Course Duration.. And Job Opportunities..Fee If U Knw.. Good College Names.. And Finally Whatever U Knw About This Field... Thanks In Advance

In the USA, to become a Lawyer, IF you go to school full-time:
1) Bachelor's degree - four years from a traditional college/university.
2) Study for LSAT. Take LSAT.
3) Law school - three MORE years.
4) Study for Bar Exam. Take Bar Exam in the state where you want to practice.
5) Pass the Character and Fitness Evaluation. Then you can practice Law.
6) You still have to take additional classes/seminars/legal training etc. each year to obtain CEUs to keep your license to practice Law. (You aren't done with school!!)
7) In many states there are even laws requiring a certain percentage of your legal work to be "pro bono" (free of charge) for some charitable purpose.

Choosing a career is one of life's most important and difficult decisions. But knowing what your expectations are, and then comparing them to the realities will help you make educated decisions.

There are more attorneys than there are legal employment positions. We simply already have way too many Legal Professionals. AND the legal profession is dramatically changing: it is in absolute CRISIS! Job searching in this vocational field has changed >>DRAMATICALLY<< in the last five years. And, every year, more and more people graduate from law school, but there are fewer and fewer jobs. Even the largest and most reputable law firms are experiencing unprecedented cutbacks. I don't expect the situation to improve in the coming years.....

Be aware of what you are proposing on getting yourself into. Please do more research first. Reminder: We are STILL in a World-wide Recession. Obviously, economic conditions affect the number of jobs available. Consider career paths that have available JOBS.<< Even in a Recovery, there are some jobs that just won't return - the field of Law won't make a comeback. Too many things have changed in this vocational field.

Warning> Jobs in the field of Law are drying up fast!! This no longer is a good field to invest time and/or money into. This is a SHRINKING, crumbling, and dying vocational field. Many, many reasons: We now have computers. So, many people today (mistakenly) think they can do their own legal work, thanks to the Internet and legal books. Also, there are a lot of companies out there making very efficient legal software for the field of Law. Today's graduating lawyers tend to be very computer savvy, so they just do the work themselves to save themselves the cost of overhead - they aren't hiring legal staff. Also, the "Public" buys this legal software/law books in order to get legal work done without the expense of an Attorney. Also, we simply already have way too many Legal Professionals - we just have an absolute glut!! ("Legal Professionals" includes, but is not limited to: Attorneys/Lawyers, Paralegals, Legal Assistants, Legal Secretaries, Bailiffs, Court Reporters, etc, etc) For example: Sites like have taken away work that many small-time attorneys/lawyers would do/used to do.

The field of Law has a mystique that actually exceeds reality. The field of Law is a vastly overrated career - especially by television.<< There are many myths regarding the field of Law. Law is a more demanding profession than most people realize. It is not like what you see on TV.

Cost of law school to be lawyer, approx $150,000+. Be prepared to take on a LOT of debt, if becoming an attorney is your "true", ultimate goal!!<<< Even after paying the expensive tuition, you still need to pay for books, room and board, and miscellaneous fees.

Employers (usually law firms) in the field of Law today want employees with degrees from traditional (bricks and mortar) colleges/universities. Those "certificates" you see advertised aren't worth the paper they are printed on - they are generally scams. (>>I found this out the hard way.) Also, the law school's program needs to be accredited by the American Bar Association - if it isn't, you are just wasting your time/money.

Even if you finish law school, you won't be able to find a job when you are done. Since this vocational field is shrinking (at an alarming rate), many new attorneys/lawyers are, themselves, having to work "down" as Paralegals, Legal Assistants, Legal Secretaries, Bailiffs, Court Reporters, etc, etc, to simply try to keep some of their bills paid <<this would be your competition. And the competition is fierce in TODAY's job market!!

Now... the law schools know this, but they won't tell you the truth >that the job market/economy is just SATURATED with way too many Legal Professionals. Instead the schools will feed you a fairytale and will LIE to you. The root of the problem is we already have too many law schools. We are STILL in a Recession, and the schools are fighting for their own survival - they will tell students anything to get to the students' money. (Which is why they won't tell you the truth about the job market for the field of Law.) And these schools continue to recruit and churn out even more graduates.............Remember>>> law schools are BUSINESSES - their TOP concern is making money for themselves.

>>>>>THE #1 MOST IMPORTANT THING (and I can't stress this enough>>>): You ESPECIALLY have to beware of the BOGUS, INFLATED law school salary/job stats given out by >law schools< (AND by the U.S. Bureau of Labor)!!***<<<<<

If you don't believe me, then:
**Check out these websites: http://informeddecisionmaking.blogspot.c...
(A link to a website does not constitute endorsement.)
**do a SEARCH here on Yahoo Answers to see what other posters are saying about the current status of the field of Law. Call some local law firms - ask to speak to the Manager of Human Resources - ask them if they are hiring; ask them what they think about future job availability in the field of Law..................
**Do "informational interviews" with several attorneys from at least two or three different firms. (You can find how to do "informational interviews" from your local Public Library - ask the Librarian.) Interviewing attorneys is a time-efficient and extremely beneficial way of discovering if law is the right vocational field for you. Talk to a few Human Resource Managers who work at employers in the field of Law. Ask them what their opinion is on future jobs in this field.
**Talk to recent law graduates. Ask them what success they are having finding employment opportunities. <<<<<

If you want a JOB when you are done with your studies, consider and look into the fields of: >>>Healthcare, Information Technology, Law ENFORCEMENT, environmentalism, emergency planning, accounting, education, entertainment, utilities, home-car-commercial-industrial repairs, vice industries, clergy, and/or debt collection. I spoke to a career counselor from Jobs and Family Services, and HE told me that these areas are where the jobs are, and future job opportunities/availability....and scholarships.

There are MANY issues of working in the vocational field of Law. My answer is an attempt to give you a realistic way of looking at this career, and I have told you things that most will not tell you about the profession - at first. Be careful, do your research, and have your eyes open wide.

Good luck.

(This is based on my current knowledge, information, belief, and life experiences. This was intended as personal opinion, and not intended to be used as legal advice. Please be careful and do your research.<<< You DID ask the question here on Y/A. I am just trying to help you.)

I Have A Slip And Fall Lawsuit And My Lawyer Sent Out The Demand Letter, Now What Happens?

There will be negotiations between your lawyer and the other party. If not resolved, there will be a trail. Either way, don't expect to see any $$ for several years.

Good Traffic Lawyer In Bloomington, Il?
I Need A Good Traffic Lawyer In Bloomington, Il With Good Ratings! Anyone Know Of One? Please!

Chris Gramm
Attorney at Law
Partner, Stivers & Gramm, LLC

Need a criminal defense lawyer in Bloomington, Illinois? Call attorney and former McLean County prosecutor, Chris Gramm for a free consultation in your DUI, Traffic or Criminal case! Chris represents clients facing criminal, DUI and traffic charges in Bloomington, Normal, McLean County and throughout central Illinois.

Phone:309-275-6677 2422 E Washington St. Suite 204
Fax:309-663-6164 Bloomington, IL 61704

Any Suggestions For A Good Lawyer For An Ssi Case?
I Am In The Final Stage Of The Appeal Process For Ssi. I Have Had Of Of The Appeals And Am Up To The Last One. I Would'Ve Had It By Now But My Psychiatrist (I Found Out Later) Is Not Good About Replying To Their Questions. I Am Also Not Very Thrilled With His Ideas Of Therapy But There Are No More Openings In My Area And I Have Been Trying For Years. Now The Court Appointed One Seems To Think That I Should Have It, The Three Times That I Have Seen Him. I Am Diagnosed With Ptsd, Ocd, Depression, Social Anxiety And Borderline Personality Disorder. The Last Depends On Who You Talk To. Any Ideas And Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated. I Have Been Fighting This On My Own For Years.

Check out
See section 7, on OCD, at ezy build, below and also view section 6, (page N first) since some mental health professionals consider it to be an anxiety related disorder - personally, I believe it may be a way of avoiding, or reducing anxiety/fear. View: CONFRONTING YOUR FEARS, and page N, in section 6. Ask yourself when you first started developing OCD tendencies, and what happened, around that time. You didn't have the therapies and techniques available to you then, that are available to you, now. If you are aware of the cause, you can use EMDR therapy (see sections 33 - 34, with therapist locator) to address it. If you aren't aware of the cause, you can try asking for an answer in your dreams. Your subconscious mind certainly hasn't forgotten that cause, but may currently be shielding you from it, by not allowing you to remember, and instead, forcing you to adopt your obsessive behavio(u)r.

Write down 3 times, before going to sleep: "Tonight, in my dreams, I want to remember seeing what my fear is, when I get up", and put it under your pillow. Then say it aloud 3 times, after lights out. It is important to summon as much desire as you are capable of, to more effectively communicate this to your subconscious mind. If this works, it should produce a response within 2 weeks; if not, you may not be remembering, so set an alarm to go off after, first, 3 hrs; next night 4; next night 5: have a pen & paper handy, and WRITE DOWN THOSE DREAMS!!! or, chances are, you will forget. Remember, the response may be metaphorical (figurative), rather than literal. There is a section on dream interpretation in the Social Science section, here at Y!A, where you will receive other interpretations (mine are based largely on the work of the psychologist, Fritz Perls; others vary; some are mystical mumbo jumbo). View DREAM INTERPRETATION, in section 3, at ezy build, if interested. Although I am much better at interpreting the dreams of males, I have had some success with those of females. Feel free to email me, by clicking on my profile; all I can do is offer my interpretation, but the dreamer is always the ultimate judge of the true meaning of any dream.

Alternatively (and not for free) you could try NeuroLinguistic Programming, (Google: "NLP" & see, or professional hypnotherapy, if you are fairly suggestible, as are around 40% of people. Practice one of the relaxation methods on pages 2, 11, 2c, or 2i, daily, and when needed. Also, give the EFT a good tryout, to see if it helps you. There is also a version for use in public places, (if you like, you can claim to have a headache, as you massage/lightly tap your temples). "Even though I suffer from OCD, I deeply and completely accept myself." Section 53, and pages 2, 2.q and 2.o at also refer. One method you can try is by replacing your OCD behavio(u)r with the EFT. it takes about 30 - 40 repetitions, for most people to instill a new habit.

A variant of EMDR: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing therapy is shown on page i, in section 42, at ezy build. I have found that the 2 - 3 minutes spent using the EMDR markedly reduces distractions to the relaxation process, and is repaid many times over. Because OCD is considered to be related to anxiety, try getting yourself some "worry beads", (Google: "religious supplies; providers" or ask at a religious supplies store, Catholic church, or Muslim mosque) and deliberately replace your former activity with moving them about between, or around your fingers: Use a stress ball, or get a balloon, add a couple of tablespoonsful of flour, and enough water to make a stiff dough; tie and squish repeatedly. This is merely a more socially acceptable form of OCD, though, not a true therapy, as it doesn't address the underlying problem; it's just a coping strategy.

Social anxiety is addressed in section 9, at ezy build; see the COMPREHENSIVE POST first. BPD is addressed in section 15, at Be aware that, because of their upbringing, people suffering from BPD tend to see things in terms of black and white, rather than shades of grey, and often idealise, then devalue, in relationships. They also tend to have a great fear of abandonment, and sometimes go to extreme lengths to prevent it. A tendency to abuse alcohol and/or drugs, or high risk activities may be present. Use the locators, in section 1, at ezy build, and the phone book, to find a therapist who uses Dialectical Behavio(u)ral Therapy, or get a good book on the subject, and give to a therapist using Cognitive Behavio(u)ral Therapy (fairly common, and probably nearby) and ask that it be incorporated into your treatment. Read "I hate you: don't leave me." by Jerold J. Kreisman, m.d. and Hal Stras. A workbook that offers good coping skills is Marsha Linehan's Skills Training Manual (a DBT Workbook).

Do You Think This Is Fair For This Officer To Be In The Dwi Division?
I Hired A Lawyer For A Dwi I Was Charged With ,Let Me Explain I Don'T Drink Or Smoke Im 52 He Stopped Me For Not Using A Turn Signal Asked Me Where I Was Coming From And I Said Playing The Poker Machine Then For Some Strange Reason He Related That To Drinking Because It Was In A Bar I Took All The Test No Problem He Said I Was Being Giving A Dwi Fine ,Ok Back To My Point My Lawyer Ask Whats The Officers Name On The Ticket I Tell Him And The Lawyer Says That Officer Was Almost Killed A Few Years Ago By A Drunk Driver I Don'T Think Its Right That He Works In The Dwi Office Where They Give The Test To Determine If A Person Is Intoxicated Or Not Do You ? In Other Situations This Wouldn'T Be Allowed For Bias Reasons. P.S. My Mother In Law Says Ive Known You For Over 30 Years And I Never Known You To Drink I Said Only In New Orleans ,My Daughter Who'S 17 Says Dad You Drink Shocked ,I Said No And I Explain How Some Police Do Things Against The Law.

Of course it's fair. Every officer has to deal with drunks and the consequences of their actions almost every shift.
If you took the Breathalyzer test and passed, you wouldn't have gotten a ticket for DWI but you should get a ticket for failure to signal.

So if you go to court for DWI, just request the negative Breathalyzer results be entered into evidence in your defense.

Signing Over Child Custody Rights?
The Bio Daddy Of My Daughter Has Finally Agreed (Verbally At Least) That He Will Sign Over His Parental Rights. Where Do I Go From Here? He Says That The Only Way This Can Be Done Is If I Am Seeking To Take His Rights Away And Give Them To Someone Else, But That'S Not My Intentions. All I Want Is To Know That He Can'T Up And Take Her At Anytime So This Would Alleviate Any Of Those Problems. Can This Be Done Without Someone Else Applying For Her Adoption? 2Nd Part Of My Question Is That (He Tells Me) How Long Does Someone Have To Change Their Mind Once This Paperwork Has Been Filed? I Would Hate To Have Him Sign Over His Rights And Then I Bring Her To See Him For The Summer And Then He Decides He Doesn'T Want To Anymore And Then He Has Possession Of Her. Then We Would Have To Go To Court To Fight Custody. Can Someone Please Answer These Few Questions For Me? I Live In Ca...

I know a little bit about this because my son's father voluntarily signed the papers to terminate his parental rights, but he did this so my husband could adopt him -- But, the termination of rights and the adoption were two totally separate issues. I live in Michigan, and we went through our local friend of the court office. The FOC sent the bio dad papers and then he had to make an appointment to go in and sign docs to give up his parental rights. I don't think that there is an allowable time period for him to change his mind, at least in regard to the adoption process in my case there was no waiting period after the signing of the papers. I believe once he gives up his rights it's a done deal.