Finding An Experienced Lawyer No matter what your legal needs are you will see that there are loads of lawyers in your area that advertise they are experts in your sort of case. This could make the entire process of finding one with quite a lot of experience somewhat of a challenge. However, if you follow the tips below it will be possible to narrow down your search off to the right one in almost no time. The initial step is to create a listing of the lawyers which can be listed in your town specializing in your situation. While you are making this list you ought to only include those you have a good vibe about depending on their advertisement. After that you can narrow this list down by using a little while evaluating their website. There you must be able to find how many years they have been practicing plus some general information about their success rates. At this stage your list ought to have shrunken further to the people that you just felt had professional websites plus an appropriate volume of experience. You need to then spend some time to look up independent reviews of each attorney. Be sure you browse the reviews rather than just depending on their overall rating. The data inside the reviews will give you a concept of the direction they connect with the clientele and how much time they invest into each case that they are concentrating on. Finally, you should talk to no less than the last three lawyers which have the credentials you are searching for. This provides you with time to truly evaluate how interested they can be in representing you and the case. It is vital that you follow all of these steps to actually find a person that has the best level of experience to help you the best possible outcome.
ACTIONPages is your local directory publisher. Serving markets in Arizona, California, Washington, and Canada. ACTIONPages the best local choice for cost-effective advertising.
Some of the cites we server are,
Does Power Of Attorney Give Custody?
Yes My Dad Gave My Sister Power Of Attorney For Me And My Brother For School And Such Because He Was Moving, Does That Give Her Custody Over Us?
Not exactly. An order of custody signed by a judge or commissioner would give your sister legal custody.
Power of attorney gives your sister the authority to make all decisions on behalf of your father. This would absolutely stand up in court. Your father can revoke the POA at any time but as long as the POA is in place your sister has constructive custody of you and can do anything that your father would be able to do. If there was an actual custody order in place, your father would have to go back to court and ask a judge to return custody to him.
Right To Work Laws. Yes Or No?
I have no experience with any right to work laws since Washington State is an At Will Employment State. But if Right to Work means that I would not be compelled to join a union in order to keep my job then I am all for it.
It's one thing to apply for a job that is already unionized and have to join the union if hired. But for a place to go union after the fact and compel those that didn't want to be in a union to join the union is wrong any way you slice it. It doesn't matter if the union is probably a better thing for the worker, if the worker is an otherwise good employee an out side entity has no right to terminate his/her employment if they don't want to join the union. Conversely that same employee has no right to any of the union benefits that the union members are entitled to unless he/she opt to join.
And yes I am against unions but I am more against being compelled to join a union as a condition of continued employment. If a person wants to join a union, fine, that is their choice but it should also be a choice not to join a union without fear of loosing your job.
How Do I Find Really Cheap Legal Insurance For My Superbike?
I Have Been Licensed In The U.S. For Only 3 Months, But I Have Been Riding Motorcycles For Over 20 Years Outside The Country. I Am In The Process Of Buying An Expensive Superbike, But The Insurance Quotes From Major Companies Are Way, Way, Way To High For My Liking. What Are The Alternative Methods?
Get a gsxr 750.Here in the U.S. the 750 is the cut off line to CHEAPER insurance.There will be no cheap insurance for a sportbike,but 750 or under will not break the bank.There are no other alternatives than to go with the lower cc bike.And for the guy who said AAA-they will not insure sportbikes I have been a member since 1969 and I have to go to an independent to get my bike insured.
Any Solicitors Our There Uk Only (Family Law)
My Husband Has A Daughter (From An Affair) And Has Had Contact With Her For The Last Year. Taking Her Out Every Week. Now Her Mother Won't Let Him Take Her Out Again And Says He Can Only See Her At Her House? He Has Done Nothing Wrong And Has A Good Relationship With His Daughter But The Mother Does Not Like Me And Does Not Want Me To Be With My Husband When He Takes Her Out? He Is Now Having To Take Her Back To Court But We Have Been Told We Will Need To Pay The Court Fees Again! We Feel This Is Unfair As It Is The Mother Who Has Put The Block On? If We Win In Court Can We Get The Court To Make Her Pay Us Our Money Back?(She's On Benefits And Gets Legal Aid)
No you cannot get her to refund any monies you pay in court fees. I see this sort of thing regularly in my office and it is quite simple to solve. You are not thinking about how the girls mother feels about this situation. The easiest thing to do in this case, is for you to take a back seat and do not get involved. Let the father and the daughter have their time together and the mother will not have any reason to be concerned about your in-put into the childs life. After all she the child, is nothing to do with you. Children grow up very quickly and there will come a time in the very near future when if the child seeks your company, the mother ,I regret to say will not have a lot to say about it. That is just human nature, so why not sit back and let things take their course.Try to imagine how you would feel if some other woman was trying to be part of your childs life, I bet, like this mother, you would not welcome it. If you came to my office this is the advise I would give you. In this sort of situation, going to court will solve nothing, there will be no winners just losers.So to sum up, let your husband and the child have their time and you just bide your time and it will work out OK
If Im A File Clerk Can I Eventually Move My Way Up To Legal Assistant At A Law Firm?
If legal assistant is the same as a secretary, then yes. You do not need a college degree to be a legal secretary.
If the firm considers a legal assistant to be the same as a paralegal, then no, at least not in California - UNLESS you have met certain requirements prior to 12/31/03.
Business & Professions Code
§6450. Paralegals-Definition; Scope and Limitations of Lawful Activities; Qualifications; Certification
c. A paralegal shall possess at least one of the following:
1. A certificate of completion of a paralegal program approved by the American Bar Association.
2. A certificate of completion of a paralegal program at, or a degree from, a postsecondary institution that requires the successful completion of a minimum of 24 semester, or equivalent, units in law-related courses and that has been accredited by a national or regional accrediting organization or approved by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education.
3. A baccalaureate degree or an advanced degree in any subject, a minimum of one year of law-related experience under the supervision of an attorney who has been an active member of the State Bar of California for at least the preceding three years or who has practiced in the federal courts of this state for at least the preceding three years, and a written declaration from this attorney stating that the person is qualified to perform paralegal tasks.
4. A high school diploma or general equivalency diploma, a minimum of three years of law-related experience under the supervision of an attorney who has been an active member of the State Bar of California for at least the preceding three years or who has practiced in the federal courts of this state for at least the preceding three years, and a written declaration from this attorney stating that the person is qualified to perform paralegal tasks. This experience and training shall be completed no later than December 31, 2003.
Is This Legal For Law Enforcement To Do?
The Article Is Here: Http://Www.Talkleft.Com/Story/2005/03/09/865/28869
Basically Police Tried To Use A Catheter Against His Will To Draw Urine? Serious Answers Only Who Know What They Are Talking About -- Is This Legal?
Ok, well I don't know florida law, but here's what we can force an Arrestee to submit to as a search incident to arrest in MA:
1. Fingernail Scrapings (Cupp v. Murphy 1973)
2. Fingernail Clippings (Commonwealth v. Appleby 1970)
3. Fingerprints and Photographs (provided person is arrested for Felony, NOT Misdemeanors. Exception is arrest for riot, mass demonstration, or disterbance)
4. Hair samples from Head, chest, and Pubic Areas (Commonwealth v. Tarver 1975; Commonwealth v. Puleio 1985)
5. Handwriting Exemplars (US v. Mara 1973)
6. Voice Exemplars (US v. Dionisio 1973)
7. Clothing (Commonwealth v. Appleby 1970)
8. Ultraviolet Examinations (State v. Richardson - 6th Cir. 1968)
9. Exterior Scrapings of Genetalia (Brent v. White - 5th Cir. 1968)
10. Benzidine Testing for detection of blood on suspects body or clothing (Commonwealth v. Appleby 1970)
11. Gun Powder Residue Test (Commonwealth v. Lydon 1992)
12. Blood Sample for Alcohol content analysis (suspect must consent. Refusal is a 120 day license revocation. If vicitim is unconscious, file subpoena for medical records through C.233 Sec.79. BAC should be recorded in medical records as hospita practice. Orig. case was Schmerber v. California 1966)
13. Bodily Intrusions need search warrant (Rodrigues v. Furtado 1991)
14. Modeling of Blouse (Holt v. US 1910)
This is all MA law, FL is probably different b/c MA has very strict laws that limit police action to a much higher degree then the 49 other states and even the federal government. Even federal cases don't always apply in my state so.